Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad 6th Gen/2018 for producing music

edited March 2019 in Support and Feedback

I have searched for it but I didn't find the threads conclusive.
What I want to do is get an ipad 128gb to make music on it.
I am open to doing post processing on the computer but I'd prefer to be able to work with some basic effects like reverb, delays and chorus on the iPad.
My production process would be mainly synth driven. Outside of drums I'd rarely use samples.
I am planning on using Modstep with AUM which would host some instances of iSEM and poison 202 I think. Gadget as well. There I'd want to use their VA synths mostly and possibly have that sequenced by modstep too.
The type of music I'm planning to do is probably leaning towards "IDM" and oldschool house and drum-and-bass.
Note that I'd have no issue switching to an iPad Pro in 1 to 2 years since I'll be working a better job then and I'll be able to buy that and give my dad the 6th gen one.

Comments

• I do not own this type of iPad, but from what I read in this forum, it is perfectly valid for what you plan to do!

• The 6th gen iPad is the best deal out there and performance is great.

• It’s a good iPad . I upgraded to one from a mini 4 and it runs much more smoothly on all apps. It’s a killer price/performance ratio

• I own one and use one with no constraints so far.

• It works wonderfully well. :) I've used it for about a year now and upgraded to a Pro 11" just recently just for extra storage space as I started running out, lol. However, 128gb should normally be more than enough to get you to where you wanna go.

• Just got one, it’s awesome and runs smooth as silk no matter what I throw at it so far. My only regret is not getting one sooner!

• Yeah, 2018 is the most affordable for the specs you get. Screen could be better, but I've gotten used to it. But wait until after next week, 2019 models might be coming.

• @a_bazi said:
    I have searched for it but I didn't find the threads conclusive.
    What I want to do is get an ipad 128gb to make music on it.
    I am open to doing post processing on the computer but I'd prefer to be able to work with some basic effects like reverb, delays and chorus on the iPad.
    My production process would be mainly synth driven. Outside of drums I'd rarely use samples.
    I am planning on using Modstep with AUM which would host some instances of iSEM and poison 202 I think. Gadget as well. There I'd want to use their VA synths mostly and possibly have that sequenced by modstep too.
    The type of music I'm planning to do is probably leaning towards "IDM" and oldschool house and drum-and-bass.
    Note that I'd have no issue switching to an iPad Pro in 1 to 2 years since I'll be working a better job then and I'll be able to buy that and give my dad the 6th gen one.

Have one and it is fine.

No issues for real.

• Thanks for the help guys! I'm gonna wait for the keynote on the 25th in case they announce a new iPad (which will probably have an A11 bionic chip, putting its processor on par with the 2nd gen pro, if not slightly ahead.)