Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumPerfect Pro 3 is live on the Appstore. What’s new?

After more than one year of hard work Marinus and I are thrilled to announce that DrumPerfect Pro 3 is now available as a free update in the Appstore.
But before going into details let’s have a look at what this version 3 means for you, dedicated as well as future users.

• DrumPerfect Pro had a baby this year: a lovely AUv3 player. We tested 3 instances in AUM; simple, smooth and incredibly powerful.
    Live performances with set list won’t be more easy.

• Multi velocity: up to 10 sample groups per instrument, up to 8 velocities. Crossfaded or not, at your choice.

• Layers: 7 layers per pattern ( at the stroke level ). Namely: 2 notes tracks, 2 sustain layers, 2 pitch layers, 1 in-pattern tempo variation.

• Multi dynamics: JAM! Dynamics let you not only play the pattern at 3 different dynamic levels, but replace/mute instruments, substitute sample groups, and more.

• Automation: tempo and dynamics automation in song mode.

• New Midi import: easy now to import any of your midi files. A breeze.

Ok, let’s pause here and we will check the detailed list of “What’s New” after.

A pause to announce three important things:

• DPP3 is offered at an introductory price for new users, during one week. After that its price will raise a bit from DPP2.

• to celebrate this version 3 with so many new features, we offer to all users, a brand new General Midi pack with lots of patterns, instruments, etc... FREE!

• quality brushes kits are rare on iOS, so we made ( a long awaited ) Brazilian Rhythms vol.2 with deliciously smooth brushes grooves. Bossa Nova, Sambas, Baião, and more.
    Other packs are in the cooking pot.

Returning to “What’s New”. Here is the full list.
By the way, all kits, songs, patterns, settings from DPP2 are still perfectly compatible, even if they don’t use the new functionality mentioned above and below.

AUv3 player:

• brand new AUv3-compatible DPP song player with user presets list ( best for live performance )

Sample groups:

• up to 10 sample groups per instrument, allowing up to 160 articulations per kit
  • up to 8 velocity levels per sample group

Real time processing Layers:

• extended to 2 drum stroke layers in pattern
  • 2 layers in pattern for real-time sustain control per sample group
  • 2 layers in pattern for real-time pitch control per sample group
  • 1 layer for in-pattern tempo variation

New editing functions:

• JAM! dynamics with 3 programmable levels, 20 rules ( each with its sample group matrix ) per level
  • cross-instrument, cross-layer, multi-instrument and multi-layer drum stroke editing
  • quick selection in pattern and grid view
  • play looped selection in pattern and grid view
  • user-defined humanise settings

Song automation:

• tempo and JAM! automation in Song mode
  • seamless tempo control in Song mode

Import/export:

• support for Files app ( import/export patterns, songs, kits, etc... )
  • longpress Save/Load to save to/load from external location

Midi:

• improved midi-in clock sync
  • simplified import of midi files
  • start/stop added to Ableton Link 2
  • latest Audiobus API

New packs:

• all purpose General Midi pack in store ( free )
  • brand new brushes pack Brazilian Rhythms Vol.2 in store

Other:

• redesigned and updated Quick Start manual.
  • modified and redesigned Grid view commands
  • append, merge, commands in pattern library to build new patterns by assembling elements.
  • switch songs or midi files display in song library.
  • “Complete” experimental function optimized ( previously “Render” )
  • auto reordering of patterns in song patbank ( Pack song )
  • kit volume boosted
  • new adjustable Cpu Load Control
  • many other improvements and bug fixes

We hope you will like this new version.

Comments

• Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Unbelievable! The best gets better all the time! I honestly feel a bit guilty getting all this for free. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Wow - that's a free update? I'll buy some IAP packs as a thank you!

• @richardyot said:
    Wow - that's a free update? I'll buy some IAP packs as a thank you!

Appreciated!

• Just a reminder to update App Store reviews. I often forget that simple but important way of saying thank you.

• @wim said:
    Just a reminder to update App Store reviews. I often forget that simple but important way of saying thank you.

Please do. Thanks.

• Any Videos? Auv3 Player sounds interesting..

• Deff wanna see some videos of this in action! Looks pro!!

• wow that’s a nice way to start the weekend

• This looks totally amazing.

$14 for new users!
    What?!?

Getting this today, for sure!
    Thank you @Gilbert. And thank Marinus, too.
    :)

• @Gilbert How do you import into the AU player ? No files seem to want to load is it wav, or MP4 not having a lot of Joy?

• Reviews are the least we can dos.

• Ooooo.... it appears to be reduced in price in App Store. $13.99. Tempting...
    Wonder how long this sale will be.

• edited March 2019

@RajahP said:
    Any Videos? Auv3 Player sounds interesting..

View in HD. It’s better.

• @haulin_notes said:
    Ooooo.... it appears to be reduced in price in App Store. $13.99. Tempting...

One week from now.

• @Gilbert said:

@haulin_notes said:
    Ooooo.... it appears to be reduced in price in App Store. $13.99. Tempting...

One week from now.

Cool! Thanks for the reply and the video. Resistance weakening.... 😁

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Gilbert How do you import into the AU player ? No files seem to want to load is it wav, or MP4 not having a lot of Joy?

Ah, yes, excellent question!
    Neither mp4 nor wav. It is not an audio file player. It plays DrumPerfect Pro songs. So the tempo is controlable by the host tempo. I forgot to show that in the video. Just a moment, we’ll explain the procedure. When the song has been imported once it is saved as a preset that you can select at any time.

• The preset button does not appear to be present in DPP player in Auria (don’t have AUM to be sure it happens there as well). Other than that, what a fantastic update!

• edited March 2019

@Gilbert said:

@RajahP said:

View in HD. It’s better.

Oops!
    DSP goes up to 75% with just a single instance ?!? 😎
    What iPad you was using @Gilbert ?

• Holy crap - this is phenomenal!

• @theconnactic said:
    The preset button does not appear to be present in DPP player in Auria (don’t have AUM to be sure it happens there as well). Other than that, what a fantastic update!

Thank you!

Here no issue with preset button ( except that Auria doesn’t label the button )
    There won’t be presets until songs have been imported first.
    I asked Marinus to explain the steps to do that.

• @chandroji said:

@Gilbert said:

@RajahP said:

View in HD. It’s better.

Oops!

The presets shown don’t come as standard my list in AUM is blank. Thanks for the video I get the idea.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@chandroji said:

@Gilbert said:

@RajahP said:

View in HD. It’s better.

Oops!

The presets shown don’t come as standard my list in AUM is blank. Thanks for the video I get the idea.

The presets names in my video or photos are just some chosen for testing. You won’t have the same unless you import them from the Batucada pack. The point is that you can import as a preset any of your songs, pack songs, or even midi files imported to DrumPerfect Pro and saved as a song. Anything that plays in DPP can be imported and played in the player. Without bothering about kits, patterns, etc... You make your drum tracks in DPP, import in the player, and play them at any time, just by chosing from the preset list.

• @chandroji said:

@Gilbert said:

@RajahP said:

View in HD. It’s better.

Oops!

Yes the device is type is important. Mine is a iPad Air2. It may not be so smooth on older models. Should be fine on iPad pro of course. Pls note that more sounds are played in the same time, more “stress” on the cpu and memory. It is a hardware limitation related to each model of iPads.

• How does the player work?

• In addition to Gilbert’s answer: probably the easiest way to get your DPP songs in the player is to create a backup from DPP’s Settings view -> Backup button. Save to an external location. Tap Import in the player and select the backup archive. After a few seconds all the songs will be in the Preset list, ready to be selected for playback.
    If you do a “longpress” of the Import button, the player will ask to remove the existing songs first before import. This will only remove the songs from the player, not from DPP itself!
    If you do a “very-longpress” of the Import button, you can configure a midi CC number for song selection, via which the first 128 songs in the list can be addressed.

• edited March 2019

Ok, here are the steps for creating presets for the AUv3 player.
    1- in DrumPerfect Pro, load ( or make a song )
    2- in Song view longpress the Save button.
    3- wait a bit ( DPP is creating a pack) then a File panel ( white ) will open
    4- go to On this iPad/DPP folder
    5- save the zipped pack.
    6- go to the host and load DPP player
    7- tap the Import button
    8- it opens the File panel. Tap “Browse”
    9- go to the location you saved the pack and tap on it
    10- a preset with the song name is created. Tap on it
    11- press play in the host. Adjust tempo and volume.
    12- Done

Repeat from 10 with other presets for additional instances.

• edited March 2019

This is on my iPad Pro 2017 with 4 players, each playing a different demo song.

• @Gilbert said:
    Ok, here are the steps for creating presets for the AUv3 player.
    1- in DrumPerfect Pro, load ( or make a song )
    2- in Song view longpress the Save button.
    3- wait a bit ( DPP is creating a pack) then a File panel ( white ) will open
    4- go to On this iPad/DPP folder
    5- save the zipped pack.
    6- go to the host and load DPP player
    7- tap the Import button
    8- it opens the File panel. Tap “Browse”
    9- go to the location you saved the pack and tap on it
    10- a preset with the song name is created. Tap on it
    11- press play in the host. Adjust tempo and volume.
    12- Done

Repeat from 10 with other presets for additional instances.

Cheers for the detailed instructions got it now.