Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PPG WaveMapper preset banks to share

edited March 2019 in Other

Hi,

I have made a bank of presets for the PPG WaveMapper app that I’d like to share for free.
(This is my first time sharing via Dropbox, so please be understanding if I’ve done it wrong! 😄
If something is amiss, please let me know and I’ll try to fix it ASAP.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iht6xuzb4gl2l72/presets 2019-1 digitridu.wmbnk?dl=0

Or if you prefer, forum message me your email. Then i can send the bank to you that way. (Will keep all emails private, of course)

If this goes well, hope to share more. If anyone else has WaveMapper patches, feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!

Edit: some info on the presets... there’s 90 of them, leaving 10 empty in the bank for variations. Tried to use the Mod Wheel on most of the patches, especially for twisting the sound into something different. I did not add the in-app delay to the presets generally because I have found that it difficult/impossible to turn off delay when using WM as an AU3. (Please tell me if that is mistaken).

However, the video demo below has external delay added (VirSyn Tap Delay). Video features images from the iOS app Frax HD edit with effects in LumaFusion. Also, the video is of the presets without any moving of the “icons”, which is where you can really have fun and experiment.

Comments

• @haulin_notes thanks for sharing. Worked perfectly.
    I imported them all and hope to get to them soon and give them a testdrive! ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    @haulin_notes thanks for sharing. Worked perfectly.
    I imported them all and hope to get to them soon and give them a testdrive! ;)

Thanks for the quick feedback! Enjoy. In testing them, sometimes a preset would sound different if played in AUM as an AU than it did in the standalone app. Tried to fix that, might have been related to host tempo sync or something. There are so many mod sources in WM, it is like herding cats to keep track of them all sometimes! But that’s because it’s so deep a synth...

BTW, for this bank I used mostly the included wavetables from the many banks PPG offers on their site. But if anyone notices an instance where a wavetable won’t load or wasn’t included, please let me know. As well as any other irregularities. And any suggestions or comments on the presets... Thanks!

• Thanks a lot for,your work and for sharing!

• Nice!
    Are these presets compatible with PPG Infinite? 😊

• They will import into PPG miniMapper

• Nice, thanks!

• Thanks for the thank yous. Hopefully the presets are useable, or at least interesting! 😄

@chandroji said:
    Nice!
    Are these presets compatible with PPG Infinite? 😊

No... AFAIK the two apps are incompatible regarding presets. Not sure about the raw wavetables though... But as @yowza said MiniMapper is compatible, though without the extensive editing features of WM. (But it’s a cheap and universal PPG synth app. Love it!)

• I forgot to say thanks, so thanks!

• Nice presets, thank you!

• Woah these sound great in the video.
    I do not have wave apper, only infinite but sheesh I might have to pick it up, didn't realize it could sound this good!!

• edited March 2019

Thank you! Must have been a lot of work to create all these :+1:
    I haven't listened to all of them yet, but so far I especially like the "mello guitar" and "winds of thorax" :D

• Thanks to all for the kind words! Much appreciated. 😺

@reasOne said:
    Woah these sound great in the video.
    I do not have wave apper, only infinite but sheesh I might have to pick it up, didn't realize it could sound this good!!

Thanks! WaveMapper never stops inspiring me. It can be close to a granular synth when modulating through the wavetables. I love morphing synths with interesting randomization features. This has both in quantity. You know... for those times you want a sound that’s a combo of a piano, robot, and a tornado! 🤣

• Downloaded effortlessly.
    These sound great.
    Thanks so much for them!

• Very cool. Thank you

• Will check out and ty

• I was just debating on wave mapper or wave generator, as I have infinite and love it.... These sounds made my choice harder haha cuz they sound so good and I was kinda leaning toward generator.... Freaking decisions decisions!!!!

• Wavemapper over generator for me all
    Day

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Wavemapper over generator for me all
    Day

After checking it out I'm seeing why!
    I make more down tempo ambient stuff and mapper seems like it can foot that bill pretty dang well

• Don't forget that you can use these in MiniMapper which also works on the iPad. It's 20% of the price of Wavemapper and has the same audio engine.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minimapper/id629067665?mt=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=uYXKE9G6yTg