Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget Program Change Work a round

With much love to @wim and @lukesleepwalker and Streambyter for their help, I now have Korg Gadget sending program changes out!

As you probably know if you're reading this, Gadget doesnt send PC out of Taipei or otherwise. This is annoying especially for my mostly analog synths that have presets, but little in the way of display.

What we got working here is that Streambyter code is turning low notes into PCs.

I dont too often use the really low notes for the synths I need this for anyway and you could do this for any range, could use really high notes instead.

Working in AUM for routing midi channels.

Annoyingly, now that all the midi monkeying is working, all the darn AU synths that might also be nice to use this with are giving huge CPU spikes when I change presets.

More details and copy of the code here
http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/622/convert-low-velo-notes-pc?page=1&scrollTo=3806

Comments

• @Multicellular said:
    With much love to @wim and @lukesleepwalker and Streambyter for their help, I now have Korg Gadget sending program changes out!

As you probably know if you're reading this, Gadget doesnt send PC out of Taipei or otherwise. This is annoying especially for my mostly analog synths that have presets, but little in the way of display.

What we got working here is that Streambyter code is turning low notes into PCs.

I dont too often use the really low notes for the synths I need this for anyway and you could do this for any range, could use really high notes instead.

Annoyingly, now that all the midi monkeying is working, all the darn AU synths that might also be nice to use this with are giving huge CPU spikes when I change presets.

http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/622/convert-low-velo-notes-pc?page=1&scrollTo=3806

Very nice. I did something similar once for converting the fixed midi channel from my nanoKEY Studio to different channels based on notes at the top of the keyboard.

mfxConvert is an alternative if you’re not into streambyter coding, or if you are often changing the mapping. It does the same thing, but with a graphical front end rather than hand-coding.

• @wim said:

@Multicellular said:

Very nice. I did something similar once for converting the fixed midi channel from my nanoKEY Studio to different channels based on notes at the top of the keyboard.

mfxConvert is an alternative if you’re not into streambyter coding, or if you are often changing the mapping. It does the same thing, but with a graphical front end rather than hand-coding.

Good to know. Currently my needs are pretty ‘set and forget.’ Each song will have a preset. Now I may edit the preset, but it can stay at the same PC.

• It would be absolutely lovely if the gadgets could receive program changes, too. I’m using Gadget with an external controller, so switching them is always a workflow killer... Also for performances it would be nice to switch them immediately.

• Apparently midi fire is much more efficient and stable than streambyter. At least that's what the developer is saying.

Worth a try?

• @supadom said:
    Apparently midi fire is much more efficient and stable than streambyter. At least that's what the developer is saying.

Worth a try?

Does Streambyter really have its issues? I'm only using MidiFire myself.
    Which one to use certainly depends on your setup.
    If you like to host a set of AUv3 synths in apeMatrix or AUM, Streambyter should be a better fit because then you could store your synth rig plus all necessary Streambyter scripts in one setup, easier to recall.

• edited June 2021

Multicellular, I was able to use your code, but I just could not do program change to gadget itself, because we can not change gadget preset sound using MIDI.