Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a way to map a midi channel changer to a Knob?

I’m building a template for the KMI Quneo midi controller to use with Grooverider. I’ve got everything sorted except the midi channel issue. I’d like to use one preset on the controller for channel 1 (to where it only controls parameters for a single pad ) and map one slider to a midi channel switcher. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!

A small aside, I’ve tried searching the forums but I am really bad searching this forum it seems 😔. If this has already been discussed, sorry for the duplicate.

Comments

• StreamByter can do this, though it would require some substantial programming skill. Below is a script that does something similar, but done with notes rather than cc values.

# Script to change midi channel from keyboards that
    # don’t have the ability to change it on-board
    # A7 = ch1, A#7 = ch2 ... C8 = ch16

IF LOAD
      ASS L0 = 0 #Start with no channel offset
      SET LB0 S—
      SET LB1 S—
    END

# Detect note A7 or higher
    IF MT >= 80
      IF MT <= 9F
        IF M1 >= 69