Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 12.1.4 problems with usb powered hub? :(

Updated to 12.1.4 today and since then I cannot get a connection with my midi keyboard and usb microphone through a usb powered hub. I get message that "this accessory is not supported by this ipad". I'm using the official ipad camera adapter which is plugged into the usb hub. Never had this problem before. Has anyone else experienced this? Hesitant to say it's definitely related to the update but the timing is suspicious.

PHOTO: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tj5cWyaYMD62Bgy29

Comments

• @LeesKeys said:
    Updated to 12.1.4 today and since then I cannot get a connection with my midi keyboard and usb microphone through a usb powered hub. I get message that "this accessory is not supported by this ipad". I'm using the official ipad camera adapter which is plugged into the usb hub. Never had this problem before. Has anyone else experienced this? Hesitant to say it's definitely related to the update but the timing is suspicious.

PHOTO: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tj5cWyaYMD62Bgy29

Hi,

I'm with iOS 9.3.5 ... iPad Pro 12.9 .... along with the official ipad camera adapter, at the moment I can not let fly some App ;-),

I receive these notifications from Apple:

There is an update for iOS 12 .. I let go.

There is an update for the official ipad camera adapter..I let go.

Maybe that's the problem you're talking about ... it's just a grip.

All the best!

• I’m on latest on a 2017 9.7 iPad and it works fine. I’m usimg CCK3 though which is exactly like the one you showed.

I would first plug the cck only first and let that get recognized powered too.

Then the usb hub with nothing connected.

Then plug one item at a time and see which one triggers the message.

• edited March 2019

My problem turned out to be a broken cable, apparently where it plugs into the iPad. i subb'ed an older camera connection kit and the usb hub and all attached devices were recognized immediately

• edited March 2019

As said before there seems to be a connection “order”. You need to stick in the CCK in the iPad after booting up, with nothing attached. It takes about “10 seconds” to “recognize” the shizzle. After that stick in the powered USB. It depends on which brand etc. after that stick in the MIDI gear with USB cable already attached. Don’t know if this is really necessary. Start up your desired app and see if it connects to MIDI.

• Good suggestions. It's definitely a break in the cable