Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2.0 - Request for changing the Grid Colors - POLL

Dear @davis_korgrd and Gadget Users! 😊

I think the Audiobus forum presents the biggest IOS musician group in the internet. Many of us invested a lot of money, time and creativity in Gadget and we really love to make music with it. We all welcome the new gadget 2.0 update but as @LucidMusicInc mentioned in this thread...
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31507/korg-gadget-2-released#latest

The update is great but a lot of us aren’t pleased about the new colour scheme. While a small minority of people are enjoying it, most of us would rather have the legacy blue without the coloured lines back. Many requests for improving the piano roll have already been given to you and the Korg support team, but this was never mentioned. Sorry to add more to your workload but it really should be addressed.

I think I’m not the only one who will agree here. Maybe a little poll could help to show us and you how we feel comfortable with the new grid colors.

I can only speak for myself , but for me the old grid was perfect to use and I miss it a lot. I’m a little bit colorblind and I miss a clear contrast in the new grid . It’s very hard for me to work with the new gadget.

In comparison the difference is huge!
I never had a problem with this colors and contrast! 😊👍

The new colors are to dark and the grid lines hard to see... 😩 👎

I really hope we will see an quick update what will address this issue! 🙏

Let’s see what other Gadget user think about... 😎

Thanks a lot for your interest!

Did we Gadget 2.0 Users feel comfortable with the new Grid colors?
  1. If you can choose between the old and the new colors, which you prefer?53 votes
    1. The new (dark) look is perfect for me, leave it as it is!
      16.98%
    2. The old colors where much better! Please change the new grid for more contrast!
      83.02%

Comments

• Btw, if you want your voices heard, I think contacting Korg via the form that Davis has linked to a few times is probably more effective than @ing him.

• You forgot about one more answer:

• The new (dark) look is perfect for me, but please change the new grid for more contrast!
  • @MAtrixplan said:
    You forgot about one more answer:

• The new (dark) look is perfect for me, but please change the new grid for more contrast!

+1

• :'(

How I miss the old blue

• Smart Invert makes the grid lines readable.
    But you might need some shades.
    B)

• Thanks for putting this together, I'll share it with the rest of the team

• +1. Notified Korg today via the official KORG feedback form. They responded right back and promised to share the issue with their Dev team. One can only hope!

@espiegel123 said:
    Btw, if you want your voices heard, I think contacting Korg via the form that Davis has linked to a few times is probably more effective than @ing him.

• edited March 2019

Thanks @davis_korgrd

Is it also possible to restore ability to rename directly Gadget songs like in previous versions? That seriously misses!! Thanks.

• @Janosax said:
    Thanks @davis_korgrd

Is it also possible to restore ability to rename directly Gadget songs like in previous versions? That seriously misses!! Thanks.

I didn’t realise that you couldn’t change the name of songs anymore. I now have a song permanently titled ‘try this ya fanny’ 😕

• @robosardine said:

@Janosax said:
    Thanks @davis_korgrd

I didn’t realise that you couldn’t change the name of songs anymore. I now have a song permanently titled ‘try this ya fanny’ 😕

As a workaround, you can change the name in Files app, or use « save as » in Gadget and delete original song file. Not as fast as lost rename feature for sure!!

• edited March 2019

@MAtrixplan said:

I feel this way.. or just let us have the options in settings..I like the new look but would like the whole grid in white.

• edited March 2019

I would prefer either the grids to be white while the new colour scheme is kept. However, if Korg reverts the UI back to the former one, that's also fine by me. As of right now, I can't use Gadget 2 for long periods of time. No matter what display settings I use on my iPad Pro 11 (true tone on off, brightess levels, darken black colours, etc) nor on my 2018 iPad, the bloody note entry grid strains my eyes.

Also, please consider upvoting this thread in the Korg forums. https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360042843912-Please-improve-the-note-entry-grid-in-Gadget-2- This could also help. :) Thanks.

• while the gradient is kind of cool (only kind of) its a bit over the top. I didnt like the old screen either as I have always wanted away to change the color like you can with ApeSoft apps and Patterning2.

• From the interview 2 years ago of KORG Gadget for Mac
    (Https://icon.jp/archives/13971)
    It is an automatic translation.

—— I think the blue and yellow two-tone color of the user interface is also very good.

Fukuda: I was wondering what kind of coloring to use, but at one time I looked at the outdoor brand rucksack and decided that it was "Good color," (lol). And I personally like the weather app of Yahoo !, but that app will appear blue when it's clear. I wanted to have a refreshing blue like that.

• edited March 2019

I’m getting so tired of this..

‘Let’s change the GUI for version 2 guys’
    ‘well, let’s change something… uhm, well let’s make everything darker.. because that looks kinda cool'
    ‘great idea.. let’s do it!’

Do they even test this stuff? Most people dim the backlight to save batterylife.. People use their iPad outside or when riding the bus or train.. The iPad is a portable device, just do a little user testing in real life situations..
    Now we have to beg to change the GUI back to something more usable…

I did not update yet.. I really hope hey change it soon… offering different skins or interface settings is a lot easier than creating even more gadgets...

• I’m guessing at least some of us that like to use audio apps are people that now need reading glasses and who never know where they left their reading glasses.

Korg apps are for kids with perfect vision.

Although I’m not sure even those with perfect vision can read the labels in Memphis. They appear to be reduced in size to he point of being abstract. :-/

• I like the new look aesthetically, but I can see how the grid may be hard for others to see.
    I don't really Focus on boxes or midi notes with in the grid that much to the point the new grid throws me off, slows me down or prevents me from making music...
    That being said, I prefer warmer / darker colors for my daws / work area and would much rather prefer skins or themes similar to ableton...
    Grey / black etc woukd be much more desirable than blue... The old blue was less inspiring than the new for me as the new is darker it puts me in a better mood lol.
    I vote for skins and shades !

• edited March 2019

Lack of contrast - dark lines on a dark background = accessibility fail.

As a designer that's a bottom line that if you don't fix, you're accepting the fact that a number of users will have difficulty using your product.

Just make the grid lines lighter ffs.

• I prefer the new darker colour but I think the new gradient is over the top and should be way more subtle. I can see the grid lines just as well in both versions. But I can see why it might be difficult for others. Adding user definable interface options would be good I think.

• Lol they could release a new UI skins gadget and charge for it 😉

• A good option could be to have both new and old colors in settings, with better grid and optional gradient for the new one. Or even gradient intensity setting, and customizable colors.

• edited March 2019

Some accessibility colour settings will make the grid disappear completely in V2.

• R_2R_2
    edited March 2019

@MAtrixplan said:

+1

• @klownshed said:
    I’m guessing at least some of us that like to use audio apps are people that now need reading glasses and who never know where they left their reading glasses.

Korg apps are for kids with perfect vision.

Although I’m not sure even those with perfect vision can read the labels in Memphis. They appear to be reduced in size to he point of being abstract. :-/

Perfect vision...
    But not for long!
    He-he.
    ;)

• @robosardine said:

@Janosax said:
    Thanks @davis_korgrd

WTF?
    Gadget stole an original title I came up with for one of my own tracks!
    ;)