Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Big update for Reason Compact

Comments

• Another money grab!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Another money grab!

Yup!
    I was really hoping for a new instrument after all this time. But at this rate, we’re more than likely to see a BM3 update. lol

• DAMN YOU CLICK BAIT HYPE

• @Rich303 said:
    NOT!

😁

• @icsleepers said:
    DAMN YOU CLICK BAIT HYPE

Sorry, my sarcasm runs deep with this app. lol

• This 'app' doesn't even deserve to have 'Reason' in it's name. It should be called 'Europa Lite' or something...

• @Samu said:
    This 'app' doesn't even deserve to have 'Reason' in it's name. It should be called 'Europa Lite' or something...

...... that rhymes with lite...

• Damn I will never read another comment started by you again

• Spent my 99 cents. Quite happy.

• Whatever.
    I use it frequently.
    :#

• I don't understand why the whole app needs to update because of an iap for a sound pack lol...
    Groovebox does not need to do that...

• I doubt they keep working on it much, they just dabble in the future platform and cling to the past platform. The moves made now will highly impact who is left standing later, in my opinion.

• Seems there is a HUGE update to Blocs as well.
    :D

• With Tim Cook at the helm I wont be buying any ARM desktops or laptops, as apple announced thats the future for them...smh. Definitely won’t be going back to windows...so its going to end up on the mobile platform for me as it will for many more. If I was a ceo of a computer company i probably wouldnt invest much toward going backwards, if any at all. Yet people insist that old stuff is here forever hahaha yea so are cds. It’ll have its little teeny niche im sure.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    With Tim Cook at the helm I wont be buying any ARM desktops or laptops, as apple announced thats the future for them...smh. Definitely won’t be going back to windows...so its going to end up on the mobile platform for me as it will for many more. If I was a ceo of a computer company i probably wouldnt invest much toward going backwards, if any at all. Yet people insist that old stuff is here forever hahaha yea so are cds. It’ll have its little teeny niche im sure.

Well, as fast as the A-series has caught up with X86, with no end in sight to the impressive yearly gains in performance, I suspect they may be on the verge of attaining a substantial lead over intel/amd in the coming years... They don't have a history of adopting new CPU architectures for the Mac line unless they know it'll provide a distinct advantage over the competition.

I think they might be onto something, though I'm certainly not going to be an early adopter. Will wait until after they've had time to get over the initial hurdles before I think about adopting.

• edited March 2019

We won’t get fooled again.

• @Slava said:
    IMHO, I can not remember a more shameful failure in the industry than the so-called Reason Compact. The shame is also doubled by the absolutely incompetent PR manager, who wrote on this forum.

I can.
    Apple removed the Headphone jack.
    Not to mention they reject AUv3 apps for not having a standalone mode.

That is way beyond the failure of a $5 synth that works fine, is easy to program, and sounds fairly decent and unique.

• I can't think of a more disappointing app than Reason Compact. It is Europa Lite indeed. This is why I'm glad to have NS2 and Beathawk. (NS2 is like Reason prior to audiotracks, except you can already use your own AUs within it.) And Auxy for quick musical sketches.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I can't think of a more disappointing app than Reason Compact. It is Europa Lite indeed. This is why I'm glad to have NS2 and Beathawk. (NS2 is like Reason prior to audiotracks, except you can already use your own AUs within it.) And Auxy for quick musical sketches.

NS2 without audio tracks was so disappointing that I didn’t buy it. It is a DAW Lite indeed.

• This new preset pack is lacking.

• When do we get drums and more tracks?

• @db909 said:
    When do we get drums and more tracks?

‘It’s a small world, but I wouldn’t want to have to paint it’ (Steven Wright)......

though it would probably be quicker.

• A rose by any other name...

• @db909 said:
    When do we get drums and more tracks?

Exactly, Reason’s drum chops are the biggest draw to it for me, I CV lfo’s into the drum things and run them through the gator and get nice random patterns. Ahhh, come to think of it I do the same thing here on iOS more or less. The only thing I want, really want from Reason Compact is more of Reason’s Rack Extensions @ 10% of the cost. Go Mobile!

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    We won’t get fooled again.

LMFAO