Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

APHELIAN is finally out!!

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Are all the MIDI niggles sorted now?

Had Aphelian sending to 4 tracks inside NS2 yesterday no problem. Had one crash however after selecting a tone map change via the secondary panel.

I was just going to post the same thing...just happened to me, but in standalone mode.

• Somebody needs to mount their iPad running this app in an old Tempest cabinet:

If you've no idea what I'm talking about, ask your parents...

Also, @JuanB You need to get one of the guys from Orbital on video playing this. You're welcome, I'll wave my marketing consulting fee. :)

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Somebody needs to mount their iPad running this app in an old Tempest cabinet:

If you've no idea what I'm talking about, ask your parents...

Also, @JuanB You need to get one of the guys from Orbital on video playing this. You're welcome, I'll wave my marketing consulting fee. :)

Hadn't thought about tempest for years. But it certainly fits.

• @espiegel123 @Angie @Jumpercollins @MonzoPro

We weren't able to reproduce the "note map" bug en in the harmony window.

Please send the projects that cause the crash to [email protected] (you can locate the file using the app "Files" and navigating to: "On my iPad" -> Aphelian -> Sessions)

Thanks!

• @Mayo said:
    LOVE THIS :)
    You guys are amazing !!!!
    Incredibly well thought out creative swimming pool.

:) :)

• edited January 2019

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Somebody needs to mount their iPad running this app in an old Tempest cabinet:

When I saw Tempest some time ago I thought: this is incredibly close!
    The Geometry trip & and the outer space art...

;)

• @reasOne said:
    IPhone version???

Towards the middle of the year :)

• @JuanB said:
    @espiegel123 @Angie @Jumpercollins @MonzoPro

Please send the projects that cause the crash to [email protected] (you can locate the file using the app "Files" and navigating to: "On my iPad" -> Aphelian -> Sessions)

Thanks!

Done

• @JuanB said:
    @espiegel123 @Angie @Jumpercollins @MonzoPro

Thanks!

Hey, I managed to reproduce it! Thank you very much for reporting!

The bug is fixed and the new version will be released soon (waiting for review).
    This is what's new in the next build:

• Corrects SOUND issues during SCREEN RECORDING and HDMI output.
    • Allows 16 BARS in DRUMS.
    • Fix color of MOON 2.
    • Notemap selection bugfix
    • Minor details

Aphelian is getting better with your help :)

• Hi there .. i should have posted this also in the Aphelia User Group on Facebook, but the Approval is pending so i try it here and on the official aphelian Facebook group.. So here some question and or a bug report. How do i delete a step in scene or song mode. When i try to DROP a Step in Song or Scene Mode tha app crashes. Ipad pro with latest ios 12. The Webpage https://www.aphelian.io/ is also not responding (timeout). Is there a manual available somewhere?

• edited January 2019

@drWhiet said:
    Hi there .. i should have posted this also in the Aphelia User Group on Facebook, but the Approval is pending so i try it here and on the official aphelian Facebook group.. So here some question and or a bug report. How do i delete a step in scene or song mode. When i try to DROP a Step in Song or Scene Mode tha app crashes. Ipad pro with latest ios 12. The Webpage https://www.aphelian.io/ is also not responding (timeout). Is there a manual available somewhere?

Hi!
    The drop scene issue is already fixed in version 1.0.4, which is waiting for review at apple store.

The manual is under development, it will be available soon.

The site is https://aphelian.io, without "www".

Thanks for the feedback!

• edited January 2019

@JuanB said:

@drWhiet said:
    Hi there .. i should have posted this also in the Aphelia User Group on Facebook, but the Approval is pending so i try it here and on the official aphelian Facebook group.. So here some question and or a bug report. How do i delete a step in scene or song mode. When i try to DROP a Step in Song or Scene Mode tha app crashes. Ipad pro with latest ios 12. The Webpage https://www.aphelian.io/ is also not responding (timeout). Is there a manual available somewhere?

Hi!
    The drop scene issue is already fixed in version 1.0.4, which is waiting for review at apple store.

The manual is under development, it will be available soon.

The site is https://aphelian.io, without "www".

Thanks for the feedback!

@JuanB : Thanks for the fast answer. So, do not forget to change the URL on the Aphelian Facebook pages (if you are affiliated with the Aphelian App and FB page) .. ANOTHER Question .. Can that Autosave Feature be disbled? I mean, if i just change something and i do not like the change (like e.g. changing the orbit) it will be saved whatsoever ?

• Hey!
    A new version was just released with a couple of fixes and features:

• Corrects SOUND issues during SCREEN RECORDING and HDMI output.
    • Allows 16 BARS in DRUMS.
    • Fix color of MOON 2.
    • Notemap selection bugfix
    • drop step bugfix

Thanks everybody for making this possible!

Cheers

• APHELIAN AUv3 extension is taking shape!
    More news soon :)

• Look forward to that :)

• It would be great if the AU versions were single Orbits, to mix them in with the other apps more easily.
    Or if Aphelian had multiple outputs.

• @JuanB said:
    APHELIAN AUv3 extension is taking shape!

Oh WOW :)

• @JuanB said:

@JuanB said:

@reasOne said:
    IPhone version???

Towards the middle of the year :)

Rad!!!

• @JuanB said:

You are awesome!!!!!

• Aphelian as an Audio Unit puts it up even higher in the stratosphere and makes it that much more useable. Thanks! 👍

Hope those that use Aphelian on iphone have the Plus size iphone, good vision, and an Apple pen. Pinch to zoom would be immensely helpful here, if at all possible. 😊

• @CracklePot said:
    It would be great if the AU versions were single Orbits, to mix them in with the other apps more easily.
    Or if Aphelian had multiple outputs.

Hi!
    Yes! the AU version will be a single orbit.
    And for the moment a MIDI AU, we will focus first on the sequencer side.

• @JuanB said:
    Yes! the AU version will be a single orbit.
    And for the moment a MIDI AU, we will focus first on the sequencer side.

Very cool, i like that idea and look forward to jam around with it :)

• @JuanB do you have a link for the manual? Cheers.

• I’ve really been enjoying Aphelian quite a bit. It’s a great way to make some music without using a keyboard. I’m hoping we can get some more beats per bar on the drums though to do some time signatures other than 5/4, etc. I’ve been getting some bad crashes last night. It seems to happen when trying to paint in a long note and happens more often while the sequencer is running. I was using MIDI Out during these crashes.

Here is a quick track I did with Aphelian sequencing some Volcas.

• @JuanB said:

@cuscolima said:
    Sure. In AUM you can see the list of the available parameters (midi ctrl -> chan2 -> parameters)
    Then just do a midi learn on the parameter you want to automatize and that’s it. Note the CC2 on chanel 1

Thanks for the explanation!
    One more thing: you can use the THEACH in Aphelian to stop the others CC from the same channel, enabling an effective use of the "LEARN" of the outer synth (in other words, it works like a SOLO in a mixer). If you send many CC at the same time, the remote synth couldn't know what CC it should "LEARN".

I didn‘t get this. Where can I use the TEACH functionality in Aphelian?

• Fairly new to all this so apologies for dopey question. Is it possible to route each one of the four orbits to separate tracks in Cubasis. Can’t get my head around it so any help appreciated.

• @ajmiller said:
    Fairly new to all this so apologies for dopey question. Is it possible to route each one of the four orbits to separate tracks in Cubasis. Can’t get my head around it so any help appreciated.

You can work with the Midi channels. If each track „hears„ to seperat MiDI-channel it should be fine.

• Thanks. I get the midi thing if I want the Aphelian séquencer to trigger a synth in Cubasis. All I’m after doing is record the audio from each four orbits to four separate tracks in Cubasis using the Aphelian synth. I’m missing something in my efforts and it’s do8ng my head in! Thanks.

• @ajmiller said:
    Thanks. I get the midi thing if I want the Aphelian séquencer to trigger a synth in Cubasis. All I’m after doing is record the audio from each four orbits to four separate tracks in Cubasis using the Aphelian synth. I’m missing something in my efforts and it’s do8ng my head in! Thanks.

Aphelian has no multi-channel-out. So for, You can‘t put them in separat tracks (audio). Only by recording one after another.