Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• really interesting/cool

• intersting. but no sound, video snippets videos.
    I wonder everytime, why people are selling AUDIO apps in the App Store without any sounds (or at least a link to their website or whatever)

• Can’t see in Cubasis

• edited March 2019

I so don’t need another synth, but this looked... interesting...

Holy crap. This thing is batshit insane. I love it!

Are you the type of iOS musician noise maker that finds apps like TC-11 too ordinary? Then this thing is for You!

Even after reading the manual I don’t have the faintest idea how it works, BUT I think I found the app that may just keep me from buying the Soma Lyra 8...

One point I’d like to make... He has nailed how to do knobs on iOS! The little arrows to the right and left control the rate at which the knobs move. And they “feel” good.

It’s like the Radiophonic Workshop in an app...

The fact that this TOTALLY ignores notes/pitch should give an idea of where yer head has to be at...

• agreeing with the above sentiment. this is not a musical app per se. I always love building soundscapes in Aparillo and Tardigrain and this allows more of that and i like it.

• edited March 2019

Hey kids... here’s an initial masterpiece...

Vid done in my new best friend STAELLA...

I get a strong Future Sound of London vibe from messing with this synth... not sure why...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

I get a strong Future Sound of London vibe from messing with this synth... not sure why...

That sounds fun enough. Please take your commission for the sold app in the form of this Audiobus Forum $5 Fun Bux Voucher

• Note: Audiobus Forum does not support Fun Bux currency

• @sysexual said:
    agreeing with the above sentiment. this is not a musical app per se. I always love building soundscapes in Aparillo and Tardigrain and this allows more of that and i like it.

Yea, Aparillo sounds better and is the same galactic spiral arm, but this is only $4...

• As with Monogranulator, methinks I see & hear the touch of apeSoft in this.

• Nothing posted on his YT channel yet, but I'm sure it will come. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFI-8Cqp5fxcpFbm4eJbaJA

• Can't wait to look into this after this grandson concert I'm at right now lol can't wait to see what this sound like and finally use enso

• Holy poop! This is awesome. I really need to dive into, Staelle. Those visuals are good.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I so don’t need another synth, but this looked... interesting...

Holy crap. This thing is batshit insane. I love it!

Are you the type of iOS musician noise maker that finds apps like TC-11 too ordinary? Then this thing is for You!

Even after reading the manual I don’t have the faintest idea how it works, BUT I think I found the app that may just keep me from buying the Soma Lyra 8...

One point I’d like to make... He has nailed how to do knobs on iOS! The little arrows to the right and left control the rate at which the knobs move. And they “feel” good.

It’s like the Radiophonic Workshop in an app...

The fact that this TOTALLY ignores notes/pitch should give an idea of where yer head has to be at...

You had me at Radiophonic. Also, completely agree about the knobs, precision is a breeze. All devs need to copy these! Great app for $5. Reminds me a lot of SpaceVibe.

• edited March 2019

Can it connect in some way? AU Plug? IAA, AB3? Hopefully an AU<3

@MonkeyDrummer I was transported into the stranger things show when I heard this. Sounds too me like the other side where the demogogon thing is king of the hill - great sounds

• @david_2017 said:
    Can it connect in some way? AU Plug? IAA, AB3? Hopefully an AU<3

@MonkeyDrummer I was transported into the stranger things show when I heard this. Sounds too me like the other side where the demogogon thing is king of the hill - great sounds

Ya hopefully it's iaa or au right ?

• From the App Store description:

• Cool, @MrFromage thanks for pointing it out. I totally have overseen this. So its an aU plug. Weird sounding stuff only 6€... I will probably get it haha

• @david_2017 said:
    Cool, @MrFromage thanks for pointing it out. I totally have overseen this. So its an aU plug. Weird sounding stuff only 6€... I will probably get it haha

I'm thinking about it baha but I'd like to hear a bit moor, but I'm digging what @MonkeyDrummer shared, that was rad

• AU instrument / midi in update is being worked on by the developer.

• @reasOne said:

@david_2017 said:
    Cool, @MrFromage thanks for pointing it out. I totally have overseen this. So its an aU plug. Weird sounding stuff only 6€... I will probably get it haha

I'm thinking about it baha but I'd like to hear a bit moor, but I'm digging what @MonkeyDrummer shared, that was rad

This.

I am not a knob virtuose so I will wait for more sonic capacities of this plug and above all the presets (and how complicated it is to program)

• Stuff going up on yt now !

• @reasOne said:
    Stuff going up on yt now !

Ah good one!

• Certainly atmospheric and noiseful. Works well, like many things, routed through other FX. Add distortion, perforator (Bram), formant filters and shape the levels. Oooooo

• Coincidental that it arrives at the same time as Enso, but they are a match made in heaven. It sounds very human as well, like an overtone choir mixed with a sruti box.

• This looks right up my alley. Just how good is it? Is the thrill gone soon?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

Sounds so great!

• @audiblevideo said:
    Certainly atmospheric and noiseful. Works well, like many things, routed through other FX. Add distortion, perforator (Bram), formant filters and shape the levels. Oooooo

An example

• @audiblevideo said:
    An example

Lovely track, can I ask how many copies of Esoteric are running? So musical for a synth that on the surface sounds very non-musical. Thanks for sharing😃