Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Evernote as an output device?

edited March 2013 in Feature Wishlists

I'd like to see Evernote (or an Evernote based app) as an Audiobus output device.

I just submitted the following to their request for DevCup ideas so hopefully it gives an idea of the type of app/interface that I would like to see built:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/35903-tons-of-ideas-for-evernote-devcup-apps/

Snippnriff- musical snippets and riffs remembered

Problem being solved

In a session of iPad music app experimentation there are frequently short snippets of music or interesting riffs to be captured quickly for later retrieval. Rather than cumbersomely storing them in each individual app they can all be sampled descriptively in Evernote Snippnriff.

Overview

Connect Evernote Snippnriff as an Audiobus output device to capture snippets of music and riffs that naturally materialise when playing with iPad musical apps.

When activated, a Snippnriff capture will record the sound sample, identify the applications using the Audiobus API, optionally capture MIDI, optionally capture timing settings and then store the sample in an Evernote Snippnriff notebook.

The note will be automatically tagged with each device used. Other information such as timing and MIDI can be specified in autotag settings.

Later versions (which may need to be done in conjunction with Audiobus) will allow you to retrieve the Snippnriff note and feed this back into Audiobus to allow it to automatically set up the devices in the configuration that was present when the capture was done.

Comments

• Love it. Particularly that it's not normally an audio app. I'm waiting for the sdk to go public to see what the other 97% of the developers on the App Store come up with.

Notes really help when song writing. I think Evernote is a great fit. Plus, it's on my computer or other iOS device 3 minutes after turning it on.

• Nice concept!

• I'm waiting for the sdk to go public to see what the other 97% of the developers on the App Store come up with.

We'll find out soon...