Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thesys by Sugar Bytes GmbH Updated with auv3 support

Comments

• They are true to their word!!! Sugarbytes FTw!!! The rise of AU 💪🏼🐴

• Whoa.
    Is this a midi step sequencer as an AU? I never got Thesys because from the moment I arrived here, it was universally derided as having a terrible, tiny interface. Does going AU fix this?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Whoa.
    Is this a midi step sequencer as an AU? I never got Thesys because from the moment I arrived here, it was universally derided as having a terrible, tiny interface. Does going AU fix this?

The au looks like this:

• Beg that WOW is next

• SUGAR BYYYYYYYYYYTES!!!!! 👊👏🙌

• Oh blimey, not sure how/if I'd use this now but a good step anyway.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Whoa.

I'll check back after I've tried it, but I gave up on it in standalone. Even now, with stuff like StepPolyArp, Riffer etc. around not sure if I'd find a use for it, I'll dive in now though.

• Man, Sugar Bytes is killing it lately. I want Effectrix as an AU, but yeah - WOW would be sweet too.

• another interesting thing is the standalone can now host an AU instrument too

• edited March 2019

This is a brilliant sequencer on 12.9 ipads but not sure if it's ideal on Air2 sizes. But I've been waiting for this update for ages and Sugar Bytes don't disappoint, it's an exact copy of the standalone, no half-measures :)

btw there is a doubletap to zoom function which you can enable or disable in the flight out menu bottom left.

• I haven't messed with Thesys much, but mostly because it was stand-alone and not nearly as much instant fun as Egoist. Time to dive back in.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Oh blimey, not sure how/if I'd use this now but a good step anyway.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Whoa.

I'll check back after I've tried it, but I gave up on it in standalone. Even now, with stuff like StepPolyArp, Riffer etc. around not sure if I'd find a use for it, I'll dive in now though.

Eagerly await your report @MonzoPro. You are the very soul of skepticism, and a bassist too.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Man, Sugar Bytes is killing it lately. I want Effectrix as an AU, but yeah - WOW would be sweet too.

I can see how Effectrix has a lot of 'fun value', but WOW is BY FAARRRR the nicest sounding distortion on iOS, and a damn good filter too. One instance is NOT enough!!!!!!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Oh blimey, not sure how/if I'd use this now but a good step anyway.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Whoa.

Eagerly await your report @MonzoPro. You are the very soul of skepticism, and a bassist too.

The skeptical bass player report!

It's alright, had a quick play and got it working ok. Benefit over Riffer is it provides modulation control, but I much prefer the Riffer UI. I'm happy to stand corrected, but I can't see any great advantage (for the way I'd use it anyway) over StepPolyArp, and again I prefer the UI for that one too - plus SPA is polyphonic.

Despite the zoom, the UI still irritates me like mad, so my personal opinion is if you have SPA it's probably not worth the bother. Wait and see what more advanced users say though, I might be missing something (I usually am).

Not my cup of tea, but I love all their other apps.

• edited March 2019

Don't dive straight in and update.....check this first

!!! Attention: Please be aware that existing IAA and Audiobus sessions won't work anymore !!!
    When using your existing Audiobus 3 session that uses Thesys IAA, you need to save within Thesys the corresponding presets you’ve made BEFORE you start the update to version 1.3.0!
    Likewise, when loading an existing Audiobus 3 session that uses Thesys IAA, you just need to make sure you recall the corresponding preset manually via the internal preset browser of Thesys when using the AUv3 version. For more information visit:

• You can send MIDI notes to a Thesys instance (starts at C2) to switch between patterns which is very useful. The manual has been updated with instructions for various AUv3 app hosts. You can zoom in by double tapping an empty area in the GUI and can drag the GUI around in the window too.

• @MonzoPro said:
    It's alright, had a quick play and got it working ok. Benefit over Riffer is it provides modulation control, but I much prefer the Riffer UI. I'm happy to stand corrected, but I can't see any great advantage (for the way I'd use it anyway) over StepPolyArp, and again I prefer the UI for that one too - plus SPA is polyphonic.

I can appreciate this. I love all the new developments in MIDI AUv3s, so I'm psyched to see how this can compliment what I already have. I wouldn't have thought Egoist was something I'd have liked, but I was wrong. Maybe as a trigger Thesys will be more interesting.

I agree though that the UI is terrible. Thank God for randomizers!

• Aww yeah! I can finally start using Thesys again! Though I wonder how much processing power that interface uses. I really they would redesign it.

• Liking it for my first spin. Can’t yet figure out how to export the midi, which I believe is a feature - any thoughts?

And yeah, the display is teeny tiny, though the magnification helps.

• Not the droid I’m looking for (Effectrix) but a damn good sign and I just got a pencil so maybe I can use it. :)

• @ALB said:

Liking it for my first spin. Can’t yet figure out how to export the midi, which I believe is a feature - any thoughts?

the little disk icon on the left side

• This app rewards perseverance and is very deep :) Not really comparable to Riffer, which is great but this is another league, you could create whole tracks with a couple of instances of this. It is polyphonic (you can sequence chords etc) and all can all be controlled via midi. But yes the interface is not ideal for touch as it's been lifted directly from their mouse based gui.

• Wow, even the zoom function works in the AU. Great update!
    And hosting AU in the standalone is even better, finally that experimental monster sequencer for Zeeon :smiley:

• @Carnbot said:

@ALB said:

Liking it for my first spin. Can’t yet figure out how to export the midi, which I believe is a feature - any thoughts?

the little disk icon on the left side

Thank you!

• edited March 2019

I've had this since it launched as a desktop application but regret purchasing it for iOS. A really lazy conversion that's far too fiddly for my taste - even on a large iPad Pro.

It's a real pity as it's a quality step sequencer. I wouldn't mind if a played well with Pencil, but even with that some of the controls are hard to work with (millimetre's of screen space given for parameters with wide gamut fine resolution).

I just wish that Sugar Bytes had followed Virsyn's lead and reworked their applications for the iOS user experience rather than creating carbon copies of their desktop applications.

• Basic screenshot video demo of presets in Thesys in AUM controlling PPG WaveMapper.
    (randomization freak out at end 🙃)

• edited March 2019

I was just thinking about buying Thesys to use as a sequencer in Logic Pro 10 earlier today, this is such a wonderful treat.

• Omfg... what a fail... I love thesys, but holy hell guys... it’s biggest problem is the microscopic interface and crap port to iOS (they actually added those buttons on the bottom to replace stuff like left mouse clicks, rather than update the ui for touch... epic UX fail!)

So what do they do? Make it an AU and even fking smaller!!!

Too little too late... you can do pretty much everything thyesys does with StepPolyArtUnitZappa anyway...

• Works well on the 12.9 inch pros with a pen ....

• This was my favorite sequencer in the pre-AU era. Now that it is AU, I will for sure use it again.
    But can anyone tell me how I can synchronize the tempo in AUM ? It doesn’t seem to work...