Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• I see a number of people have tagged me, but I don't have a ton of time to go digging so if you're still having trouble just dm me or submit a support ticket here

https://support.korguser.net/hc/requests/new

I just found some more A level bugs that I wrote, so hopefully we'll release another update soon :neutral:

• broken stockholm tracks work again but still no way to rename songs

• Latest update breaks compatibility with the iPhone 5 and iPad 2.

• @Moppsy said:
    Latest update breaks compatibility with the iPhone 5 and iPad 2.

Anyone can confirm this? Still have version 4.0.0 on my iPad 2 and don’t wanna loose it.

• @R_2 Yes, it seems it's affecting iPhone 5, iPad 2 and iPad 3 so far. The App Store will simply prevent you from installing the bugfix update v4.0.1, so you won't be breaking your current v4.0.0 installation ("Korg Gadget 2"), but that effectively locks you down to the buggier v4.0.0.

Please consider upvoting this issue on the Korg Help Center. /cc @Moppsy

👉 https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360042840812

• Have reported using the link....just posting here to see if anyone else has the same thing.

i have a project that was working in Gadget 2, BUT now whenever I load that project I get no sound...I can see levels on the track meters, but nothing on the master meter...no tracks are set to solo (silent track set to SOLO has caught me out before LOL).
    Other projects are working fine.

• I do wonder what kind of 'tickets' that have already been submitted to Korg?

Since Gadget 2 already supports 'Folders' for *.wav files it would be quite obvious that REX files would be scanned in a similar way? (Ie. it's possible to drop a folders inside Gadget 2's main folder and they will get 'scanned' when browsing user-samples).

I'll just enjoy Gadget 2 for what it is now and wait for the arrival of Otorii and Ebina :)

• Just created this thread here.

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360042843912-Please-improve-the-note-entry-grid-in-Gadget-2-

If you have an issue seeing the grid in the note entry screen, please upvote it. :) Thanks.

• Early on in this thread, I said that I felt that iPhone users had been basically given the middle finger by Korg. I have done a lot of thinking about that comment. I didn't understand at the time that I made that comment that the iMS-20 and iPolySix apps would (with some work and an iPad) come over to the iPhone Gadget. I felt left out and angry about it because those are both great sounding apps. I have also had time to work with the new version. I already owned iMS-20 and iPolySix from back when I had an iPad 2, so I used my wife's iPad to get the iPad apps onto my iPhone.

So, I want to update my previous comment. I still don't think it merits a full point version, but I do like Gadget and I'm glad to have the updates that were made. I would hope that gadgets that are made in the future are universal, but I also understand why these preexisting apps had to be loaded the way they were.

Since this is a closed environment, I'd sure like a full-blown sampler gadget (better than the one we have currently). If something like that came along and worked with SFZ, I wouldn't have any need to leave Gadget at all. It works great on the iPhone, and I like it a lot.

I guess, in short, it was a decent release. :smile:

• edited March 2019

I can confirm that only menus have been changed for better visibility, not the grid. iPhone 7 Plus. Can’t change song names too, only way to do it as a workaround is to rename them in Files app.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@Janosax said:
    I can confirm that only menus have been changed for better visibility, not the grid. iPhone 7 Plus. Can’t change song names too, only way to do it as a workaround is to rename them in Files app.

Or, “Save As...” then delete the older one. That’s safer anyway. I got burned once on a tight deadline when I renamed a song that hadn’t been saved first. I lost all audio tracks in that one.

• Not being able to rename songs is a pain, and a regression. Sure you can do a Save As and delete the original, but why take two steps when in the previous version it only took one?

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Painful Regression

Sounds like a Gadget project auto name.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Having lots of fun driving Gadget 2 using NS2, Sequencer with external midi tracks gives a lot more flexibility then Gadgets Sequencer. Then using CC parameters to automate between both apps.

I then tried Bleass Pro which again is a different approach but the chord features of Bleass outputting to Gadget piano and poly synths via midi is way cool for us non musician types without keyboard skills to get something quick going.

Only grabbed Bleass Pro today but for this feature only its worth it for chord midi out. Hope @bleassapp can put this chord feature into a AU unit would be great inside AUM.

That's a good idea! we'll look into it...

• @bleassapp said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Having lots of fun driving Gadget 2 using NS2, Sequencer with external midi tracks gives a lot more flexibility then Gadgets Sequencer. Then using CC parameters to automate between both apps.

I then tried Bleass Pro which again is a different approach but the chord features of Bleass outputting to Gadget piano and poly synths via midi is way cool for us non musician types without keyboard skills to get something quick going.

Only grabbed Bleass Pro today but for this feature only its worth it for chord midi out. Hope @bleassapp can put this chord feature into a AU unit would be great inside AUM.

That's a good idea! we'll look into it...

Cool as love the delay AU you made.

• @wim said:
    Painful Regression

Sounds like a Gadget project auto name.

Ha ha... made me laugh. That's a perfect Gadget auto name.

• V4.0.2 update is out!

• edited March 2019

v4.0.2 fixes the compatibility issues with iPhone 5 (and hopefully works for the other devices affected by v4.0.1 as well). 🛠

Thanks for the prompt fix! @davis_korgrd and team. 👏

• I am satisfied with the v2 update.
    It has shown me that Gadget won't be able to quench my thirst for more complexity anytime soon. Therefore no need to invest in IAPs and especially in Gadget for Mac. Too bad, I almost started to like Kamata.

Looks like Mono/Poly would be the pinnacle of the gadget sophistication.
    New MS20 and Polysix are cool, but newly announced Gadget are a joke to me. Sampled(!) lo-fi archaic arcade/console synths, really? It's not like there is a gap in drum romplers. Very strange move, I don't get it, but maybe I wasn't supposed to.

While there is still quite a huge appeal in KG - its immediacy, high quality and overall fun, I have to look for another solution that can somehow bridge me to Ableton.

• @greedy_mf said:
    I am satisfied with the v2 update.
    It has shown me that Gadget won't be able to quench my thirst for more complexity anytime soon. Therefore no need to invest in IAPs and especially in Gadget for Mac. Too bad, I almost started to like Kamata.

Looks like Mono/Poly would be the pinnacle of the gadget sophistication.
    New MS20 and Polysix are cool, but newly announced Gadget are a joke to me. Sampled(!) lo-fi archaic arcade/console synths, really? It's not like there is a gap in drum romplers. Very strange move, I don't get it, but maybe I wasn't supposed to.

While there is still quite a huge appeal in KG - its immediacy, high quality and overall fun, I have to look for another solution that can somehow bridge me to Ableton.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    I see a number of people have tagged me, but I don't have a ton of time to go digging so if you're still having trouble just dm me or submit a support ticket here

https://support.korguser.net/hc/requests/new

I just found some more A level bugs that I wrote, so hopefully we'll release another update soon :neutral:

The update is great but a lot of us aren’t pleased about the new colour scheme. While a small minority of people are enjoying it, most of us would rather have the legacy blue without the coloured lines back. Many requests for improving the piano roll have already been given to you and the Korg support team, but this was never mentioned. Sorry to add more to your workload but it really should be addressed. While we’re on the subject, we need to get the IOS version in line with the Mac version, by removing the back button and implementing the navigation buttons to the mixer, gadget, piano roll or split screen etc. It can allow us to program sequences more conveniently. Also, as has been requested before the linking title above the pianoroll always interferes with programming sequences and Korg support staff promised us updates to workflow almost a year ago.

• @davis_korgrd I like the update a lot, especially the new drum pattern thing. It’s super obvious to me that, next to the icon for the drum pattern machine, there should be an additional icon for a kaossilator/kaoss pad function in the future. That’s how you fit kaossilators into Gadget right there.

• Mr Davis @ Korg, please revert the background back to light blue. The darker blue hue is much too hard on the eyes when working on the gadget screen. I don’t have much use for more chip tunes type gadgets as those are already well covered in the app. What would be MOST useful in any future gadgets updates-would be an Electribe wave gadget as well as something fresh and new in the synth department. Thanks very much for making the classic ims-20 & the Polysix into gadgets, well done.

• I have to say I quite like the new colour scheme now since the last update and I think the colour scheme is a good idea akin to Ableton Live...

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Have reported using the link....just posting here to see if anyone else has the same thing.

i have a project that was working in Gadget 2, BUT now whenever I load that project I get no sound...I can see levels on the track meters, but nothing on the master meter...no tracks are set to solo (silent track set to SOLO has caught me out before LOL).

Hi, also had this happen here. I found out that I had made a fade out of the song and when I loaded it back in it just was silent. The fix was to just play the last scene, the one with the fade out to the point the fade out begins and suddenly the audio pops up again. I made a 1% fade in at the beginning that seemed to fix it.

• @Doc_T said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Have reported using the link....just posting here to see if anyone else has the same thing.

Hi, also had this happen here. I found out that I had made a fade out of the song and when I loaded it back in it just was silent. The fix was to just play the last scene, the one with the fade out to the point the fade out begins and suddenly the audio pops up again. I made a 1% fade in at the beginning that seemed to fix it.

I'll give that a go thanks.

Korg have responded, they have my project and have reproduced the issue and are looking into the cause.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Mr Davis @ Korg, please revert the background back to light blue. The darker blue hue is much too hard on the eyes when working on the gadget screen. I don’t have much use for more chip tunes type gadgets as those are already well covered in the app. What would be MOST useful in any future gadgets updates-would be an Electribe wave gadget as well as something fresh and new in the synth department. Thanks very much for making the classic ims-20 & the Polysix into gadgets, well done.

Yes please! the new high-saturation blue is more aggressive on the eye and the uneven background brightness makes it even worse. I'm still running v3.7.2 just because of the color scheme. I'm usually not too picky about color schemes, but this is too much.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Doc_T said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I'll give that a go thanks.

Korg have responded, they have my project and have reproduced the issue and are looking into the cause.

Yep, that's it...Fade out at end of track. Seems there is a bug where the master level remembers the last fade and does not go to full volume again until you fade back up, having a scene with no fade currently does not mean play at full volume throughout.

• Does anybody know how to delete unneeded audio files? When I record things with Zurich, Rosario or Durban and I do different takes each take is stored in the project file. In the end I have my three sweet takes and a file that containes half a GB of unneeded audio. How can I clean this up?

• @Doc_T said:
    Does anybody know how to delete unneeded audio files? When I record things with Zurich, Rosario or Durban and I do different takes each take is stored in the project file. In the end I have my three sweet takes and a file that containes half a GB of unneeded audio. How can I clean this up?

Don't know if this helps but one of the oldest tricks is to do a 'Save As' with a new name as that will only save the files actually used by the session. After that delete the old session. Don't know if it helps but it's worth a try...