Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording automations

I realize that many DAWS of iOS can record synth parameters being manipulated, but is there one for AUM? An old app I had called MidiMe it was cool for 4 XY pads to which you could assign CCs to and then draw a path or bounce the cursor freeform.

I know there are tools like lemur but that seems to be overkill and pulls me out of an AU flow.

MidiDesigner?

Comments

• You can use Ribn, not sure if that would satisfy your needs, I don't think it saves automation, but its pretty cool if you want to automate post recording effects or for live use. You can save cc map presets, but I haven't used it a lot yet, too much new hardware, not a bad thing heh.

• @DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    You can use Ribn, not sure if that would satisfy your needs, I don't think it saves automation, but its pretty cool if you want to automate post recording effects or for live use. You can save cc map presets, but I haven't used it a lot yet, too much new hardware, not a bad thing heh.

True, and I have Ribn and use it. But 1 CC per ribbon and hard to coordinate 2 CC's in an XY manner. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

• You can use KB1. It now has assignable xy pads and more. Plus it's AU.

• edited March 2019

Is Photon able to record CC? Could be a solution to record Rozeta XY. Or Xequence.

• @audiblevideo said:

@DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    You can use Ribn, not sure if that would satisfy your needs, I don't think it saves automation, but its pretty cool if you want to automate post recording effects or for live use. You can save cc map presets, but I haven't used it a lot yet, too much new hardware, not a bad thing heh.

True, and I have Ribn and use it. But 1 CC per ribbon and hard to coordinate 2 CC's in an XY manner. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Yeah, sry, figured it wouldn't be exactly what you were after, but yeah fun little controller. I guess I'm lucky my spoiled ass just got a Matrixbrute, can modulate per step, including modulation amount.

• Gestrument Pro

• Xequence as well if I’m understanding you correctly.

• Just tried with BeatHawk AU, Rozeta XY and AUM fader, works well:

• @gusgranite said:
    Xequence as well if I’m understanding you correctly.

One track per controller: Xequence can also import each controller onto its separate arranger track, so that for example, Volume, Modulation and Pitch would each get their separate arranger track (in addition to notes). This can quickly yield a huge number of tracks as many MIDI files use a large amount of separate control change numbers. For example, when importing a MIDI file with 10 tracks, each with automation for Volume, Pan, Pitch, Effect 1 and Sustain, 60 tracks would be created in Xequence (one for notes and 5 for controllers, for each MIDI file track).
    Looks like you're right, good call.

• Works even with Gadget and Taepei.

But IMO an AU is better for faster workflow and state saving. BTW Xequence does state saving too with AB.

Has anybody tried with Photon to record CC? I wait for universal version.

• @Janosax said:
    Works even with Gadget and Taepei.

But IMO an AU is better for faster workflow and state saving. BTW Xequence does state saving too with AB.

Photon can record CC.

• @InfoCheck said:

@Janosax said:

Photon can record CC.

Should be lightest option for automation recording.

• @Janosax said:
    Just tried with BeatHawk AU, Rozeta XY and AUM fader, works well:

nice. will try :)

• @Janosax said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Janosax said:

Photon can record CC.

Yep! The only serious issue right now, though, is looping doesn’t always sync right to the host. Sometimes it misses the loop point and goes silent until then next bar. I believe a fix is coming soon.

• @wim said:

@Janosax said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Janosax said:

Photon can record CC.

Yep! The only serious issue right now, though, is looping doesn’t always sync right to the host. Sometimes it misses the loop point and goes silent until then next bar. I believe a fix is coming soon.

Dang, is that still happening to you?
    I have been getting proper playback, and thought it was possibly fixed already.
    I will keep an eye out for dropped loop cycles.