Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drifting tape loops

Most likely you have all seen this, or at least heard of the technique...
I love to use this often as a starting point, to see where the track takes me...
AUM is handy; multiple instances of loops in the file player etc.
Or iDensity by ApeSoft is perfect for these phasing loops.
A great video explaining this, which if you haven’t seen, check it out... loopop is a cool guy with a solid channel

Have a fun Sunday folks!
:)
J

Comments

• edited March 2019

I should have added that Rozeta LFO helps with any modulation, if you are not using ApeMatrix or iDensity... :grin:
    If anyone is interested in an AUM /Rozeta project gimme a shout!

• Thanks for sharing. Really inspiring. IDensity should be a good start for things like that. Will try for sure.
    Really diggin the Bass sound he is using at the end of the video. Well done!

• nice!! Can deff see pulling this off in AUM x thanks for the share

• That's a very nice way to use the Digitakt 👍🏼😃

• That’s cool! Subscribed. I’ve been playing with similar approaches lately using RE-1 as the tape looper :)

• Haven’t messed with Grooverider since many updates ago... but couldn’t it too be used for this... much like the Digitakt is being used in the video?

• @skiphunt said:
    That’s cool! Subscribed. I’ve been playing with similar approaches lately using RE-1 as the tape looper :)

Oh YEAH! RE-1 is perfect for that! Thanks for the hint! This app is way deeper!!!

• edited March 2019

@skiphunt said:
    Haven’t messed with Grooverider since many updates ago... but couldn’t it too be used for this... much like the Digitakt is being used in the video?

Absolutely!
    You'd only have to sample in another app and import in Groove Rider.
    And you might have to split the recordings into shorter snippets though because the editing resolution decreases with longer samples.