Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight would you buy it again?

There‘s not much noise around Stagelight in here, is there?
Would you buy it again? Did you buy the Ultimate unlock to transfer between your various devices?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Bought it. Like it. Don’t use it much. I don’t really know why.

I got it for iOS, Windows, and Android. I would get the iOS unlock only if I was to do it again. Not because the others aren’t good. I just don’t see myself using them for anything.

Actually, I think I would use it more if I was spending more time of using my iPhone. I’ve been out and about less, so the iPad is there with its so many other options competing for my attention. Stagelight really is well made for the smaller screen compared to other options.

• Yup - didn’t buy ultimate unlock though don’t need all those loops.

• Bought the whole thing , storepass, etc. It just keeps getting better. Yes , I’d buy it again.

• I bought it for iOS - I love it, best workflow i’ve found for audio and midi looping. My main frustration is not being able to map controllers to knobs in AU plugins, but they tell me that’s coming.

I am considering it for desktop as I’ve been getting into MPE with a ROLI Lightpad Block and it’s $49 for an MPE compatible desktop host. I don’t need/want all the content, so this way is cheaper than the ultimate unlock and i’ll have all the cross platform benefits. That said, I don’t think it’s all there yet, but at least the promises are promising.

• I def buy it again. Best MpE host on iOS. Don’t use it as much because no iAA or midi mapping so I can’t use Bm3 and my NKS to adjust knobs but updates come quick. Personally believe it has potential to eventually be the best DAW as it is already platform universal, very unique features, inexpensive and has some of the most engaged Devs

• Like it be glad when the devs start adding midi AU support, IAA link etc. Think it stable enough now.

• Question - does the Drum track mode only have 8 pads? Thanks in advance for any info

• Is Stagelight really that good?
    I hope they „fix“ the color scheme :D

• @wim said:
    Bought it. Like it. Don’t use it much. I don’t really know why.

Agree. Last clause answer (for me) is probably NS2.

• iPad AND iPhone, i like that. Really makes it a rare of its kind sort of (GarageBand, „Gadet“ did I miss one)

• It’s the best universal ios daw for sure. I’m going to stick with it for at least one album. Only thing that might currently sway me is ns2 if/when it’s universal.

• edited March 2019

Bought it for ios, was quite set on “no” being my answer...loaded it, rethinking this...might be a yes. Might buy the entire deal! It depends on als file import/export, and a few little tidbit things.

The interface isnt the best looking...but its a decent workflow once you get into it...and it crosses all platforms.

Als import export needed
    Collaborative export needed, with others.
    Needs probability in the sequencer , and parameter lock type functions and this might become special?!

• But what I really want know is...

Would you buy it again, as a Gifted App for me?
    :D

• I wouldn't buy it again, but that's not a fault of the app. I really like the workflow and like all of the included synths and drum machine. It's the ios daw I get on best with. I also appreciate how actively it's being developed. The big thing that attracted me to it was that it's cross platform. It's very nice to be able to open up SL projects created on a phone on your computer.

• @ecamburn said:
    I wouldn't buy it again, but that's not a fault of the app. I really like the workflow and like all of the included synths and drum machine. It's the ios daw I get on best with. I also appreciate how actively it's being developed. The big thing that attracted me to it was that it's cross platform. It's very nice to be able to open up SL projects created on a phone on your computer.

So why wouldn’t you buy it again, then?

• @CracklePot said:

@ecamburn said:
    I wouldn't buy it again, but that's not a fault of the app. I really like the workflow and like all of the included synths and drum machine. It's the ios daw I get on best with. I also appreciate how actively it's being developed. The big thing that attracted me to it was that it's cross platform. It's very nice to be able to open up SL projects created on a phone on your computer.

Oh, do you really want to hear that story? :) Long story short, I have a really specific workflow. I have very limited music making time and limit my ios music making apps to things I can quickly scratch out bits and pieces that can be loaded into Ableton Live. I'm also purposefully limiting myself to 5 or 6 apps to prevent endless bumbling around in a large number of apps. I really only want to work with one Daw like app. Gadget works for my use case better than Stagelight. The synths are decent, it's useable on the iphone, and it directly exports to Ableton. On ios, I can get about 90% to where I want to be with Gadget and Triqtraq. Now if Gadget had pattern lengths that weren't multiples of a bar and audio tracks with good destructive audio editing and good internal routing/resampling, I could probably get by just with Gadget. Strange I know. ;)

• @ecamburn said:

@CracklePot said:

@ecamburn said:

Oh, do you really want to hear that story? :) Long story short, I have a really specific workflow. I have very limited music making time and limit my ios music making apps to things I can quickly scratch out bits and pieces that can be loaded into Ableton Live. I'm also purposefully limiting myself to 5 or 6 apps to prevent endless bumbling around in a large number of apps. I really only want to work with one Daw like app. Gadget works for my use case better than Stagelight. The synths are decent, it's useable on the iphone, and it directly exports to Ableton. On ios, I can get about 90% to where I want to be with Gadget and Triqtraq. Now if Gadget had pattern lengths that weren't multiples of a bar and audio tracks with good destructive audio editing and good internal routing/resampling, I could probably get by just with Gadget. Strange I know. ;)

Those are very good points you have brought up. I have most of those problems that you a looking to avoid. I am an Endless Bumbler, it seems. :)

• @CracklePot @ecamburn
    I've had the same realization recently (demanding job, kid, and the rest to deal with...) and have been 100% nanostudio 2 for about a month (with some au fx and zeeon au here and there). I'm SO much more productive and creative than when I was fighting against a buffet of different apps. (I use an external sequencer, btw, so it makes it easier to pick my pony when it comes to committing to a single app.)

• @legsmechanical : Which external sequencer do you use?

• The thing is the developers of Stagelight are super committed and the app development is moving so fast .. By late this year it might be on a totally different level. Obsidian beats it sound wise and yeah the wonky visuals. But those can be fixed too .. Sound engine could use an upgrade in general IMO much the same as Mixcraft got last year. . It’s got loads of content if you opt for store pass .

• edited March 2019

@Telstar5 said:
    @legsmechanical : Which external sequencer do you use?

Yamaha Rs7000. Ive been using it so long that its like a 5th limb.

I really dig stagelight, by the way. It just doesnt have a place in my narrowed workflow right now.

• Only beta tested it. Cant use anything with no tempo changes. Has a lot else going for it but that is a deal breaker.

• @Multicellular said:
    Only beta tested it. Cant use anything with no tempo changes. Has a lot else going for it but that is a deal breaker.

@OpenLabstechsupport , is this a future update possibility ?

• It's a really great app, but the workflow just doesn't fit me very well. NS2 and FL Studio Mobile fit more into my workflow. (Using FLSM for mixdowns until NS2 gets audio tracks.)

• Aha! Well thanks to this thread I have just gone and bought Stagelight 😁

It’s the ability to trigger scenes and clips by midi that did it for me - plus the recording into loops just seems to actually work in a simple and reliable way!

• @ricksteruk, Good point! Audio and midi looping in one easy interface, plus the ability to record to a timeline when you want to. What’s not to like? I really should cozy up to this one again. So many other shiny toys to play with I sometimes forget about the ones under the bed.

No tempo changes is a bit of a bummer, but I can live with it. I do hope they add AudioBus capability soon though. I get more and more happily dependent on AB3 every day.

• OK, there is one thing that bugs the shit outta me about Stagelight. The f’ing invisible grid in the timeline. Damn I hope they improve that. 🤬

• Reinstalled this morning and had another go. It’s really very promising.

• If NS2 gets universal support dices roll again. But the recording for AU automation is way better on Cubasis and BM3 (i can’t recall right now how Stagelight is handling it).

• The only major thing missing right now is serious sample management , but still recommend it over BM3-almost-abandoned , iMPC-bugleft-launching-new-version$$$ , NS2-no-clip-no-tracks , Modstep2-never-came :)