Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Not sure wether it's a bug or a feature, but if you want to add reverb while you are also stutterin, the reverb does not kick in.

• @elf_audio said:
    Really sorry, managed to do it again - this is the second time I've done a whoopsie. Please accept my apologies. A new fixed (and thoroughly tested) version will go up tonight.

Just worked out why my testing is going wrong (I was testing debug builds, stupid!!)

In the meantime, I think sample import will still work, if instead of pressing the "IMPORT AUDIO" button, you just go to the app you want to import from and share the audiofile to Koala via the share button in that app.

Again, really sorry, next update will be out soon but tested much more rigorously on all my devices. After that, no more off the cuff updates.

Hang in there. It's all a process. You've got a great thing happening here, stick with it :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@elf_audio said:
    Really sorry, managed to do it again - this is the second time I've done a whoopsie. Please accept my apologies. A new fixed (and thoroughly tested) version will go up tonight.

Just worked out why my testing is going wrong (I was testing debug builds, stupid!!)

In the meantime, I think sample import will still work, if instead of pressing the "IMPORT AUDIO" button, you just go to the app you want to import from and share the audiofile to Koala via the share button in that app.

Again, really sorry, next update will be out soon but tested much more rigorously on all my devices. After that, no more off the cuff updates.

Hang in there. It's all a process. You've got a great thing happening here, stick with it :)

What he said!

• @Zaubrer said:
    Not sure wether it's a bug or a feature, but if you want to add reverb while you are also stutterin, the reverb does not kick in

It’s because the stutter effect comes after the reverb.

Which reminds me dev. Can we get an echo effect

• @JohnnyGoodyear cheers! I'm not that new to writing software, but super wet behind the ears with actually releasing stuff, so thanks a lot everyone for bearing with me!

@Zaubrer the stutter effect is after the reverb in the effects chain, so, in effect the signal is frozen when you start using the stutter - you can still filter it though.

• Congratulations on such a well received app. Hitting #1 paid music in App Store...

• @DYMS said:

@skiphunt said:

@mistercharlie said:

@skiphunt said:
    @elf_audio Please activate Bluetooth headphone support :)

Bluetooth always has a delay, so it doesn’t work properly with music app. You’d press a button, and hear the sound a moment later.

No, latency is not that bad at all these days. Besides... this is a vertical app targeted primarily at iphone users. And iphones since iPhone 7 no longer have a headphone jack. It only makes sense to include bluetooth headphone support.

I suggested this feature as well. I find SampleBot and TriqTraq both work fine with Bluetooth headphones...

Hope it finds it’s way into the app.

Yeah, Bluetooth headphones work great for both of those as well as LoopField. Baffling why it wouldn’t be implemented from launch. At first I thought it was a simple oversight, but now I’m not so sure.

I keep launching it to play on my iPhone when in a cafe or on a plane, then quickly realize it doesn’t support Bluetooth headphone. I don’t carry a spare pair of wired earbuds with me, so I just launch another app instead. From what I’ve been told by other devs, enabling Bluetooth is pretty easy too.

• @elf_audio hey no worries Thanks for all the hardwork you doing. :-)

• @elf_audio confirmed Open In from AudioShare is working Cool

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@elf_audio said:

Agreed @elf_audio keep up the good work :-)

• @skiphunt I will enable bluetooth - I've been testing other apps, been getting a delay of about 200ms (with B&W PX headphones), which I find impossible to create rhythms, but it seems like everyone wants it anyway, so will put it in with the AudioShare fix now.

I noticed that when you open Garageband, it pops up with a message saying "Using bluetooth - you may notice a delay when playing touch instruments..." - so even Apple acknowledge it:

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio import working good too via files.app. Tap on file to import and goes directly to pad That is really excellent and quick workflow No rush but if we can select a chosen pad to import to and a basic lo/hi pass filter or basic hi/lo one dial filter sweep per pad?

• @elf_audio could be good to mention it has files.app support on the App Store.

• @elf_audio No problem. We’re all enjoying the app, that’s what counts. Thank you for your hard work, enthusiasm and commitment! Looking forward to the update.

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio said:
    @skiphunt I will enable bluetooth - I've been testing other apps, been getting a delay of about 200ms (with B&W PX headphones), which I find impossible to create rhythms, but it seems like everyone wants it anyway, so will put it in with the AudioShare fix now.

I noticed that when you open Garageband, it pops up with a message saying "Using bluetooth - you may notice a delay when playing touch instruments..." - so even Apple acknowledge it:

Yeah, there’s a little lag in those other apps too, but definitely useable... depending on what you're doing.

Full disclosure though, I’m not using Koala for rhythm that much. More weird sound designy stuff. As mentioned, if I want to play around with it in public, I normally have wireless headphones on me. I carry wired headphones with my iPad, but I don’t have it with me usually when I’m out and about.

Thanks for adding support! And I’d agree... you shouldn’t feel compelled to add every single request... eventually ruining an excellent app with rampant feature creep.

Love the app by the way. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@elf_audio said:

+1

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio can the app be used with external midi controllers. Iam thinking this may help with the needed “one shot” till you are able to implement it?
    Iam out now about to do a dj gig Will use Koala during my set tonight

• edited March 2019

Import from audioshare is crashing it everytime on 10.5 pro. Haven’t read full thread, maybe that’s been mentioned already?

Edit: only when using import audio from within Koala, not from audioshare.

Crashing on record song too.

• @bounce said:
    Import from audioshare is crashing it everytime on 10.5 pro. Haven’t read full thread, maybe that’s been mentioned already?

Yes. Export/Share from AudioShare is working. In-app import button is causing crashes.
    Files App sharing also is reported to work.

I think the method is called ‘Open in’ on iOS.

• I’d use files, but I get the content unavailable error when accessing local files. That known iOS bug.. hmmm.
    Really enjoying this app, hope the glitches with audioshare get worked out soon.

• @bounce said:
    I’d use files, but I get the content unavailable error when accessing local files. That known iOS bug.. hmmm.
    Really enjoying this app, hope the glitches with audioshare get worked out soon.

Open in... from AudioShare is working too. I haven’t tried Files, but it was reported to work.
    I prefer the AudioShare Open in... method to the Files App.

Just whatever you do, do not use the in-app Import button, for now at least.

• This is hard to resist despite already owning too many things : )
    It’s not a dealbreaker, but is there any chance of landscape mode for fussy people like me?

• +1000 for fx automation.

• edited March 2019

<3 Loving this already.

• @Morgman73 said:
    +1000 for fx automation.

• On the subject of fx automation.:
    When resampling a sequence, you can switch to the performance effects page and modify the parameters while recording the output to a new pad.
    This is effectively fx automation, albeit without the ability to edit, which I think suits the ethos of this instrument o:)

• Yep. I would rather see a "slice this long sample to x number of pads instead". Maybe using movable markers or a fixed grid.

@iamspoon said:
    On the subject of fx automation.:
    When resampling a sequence, you can switch to the performance effects page and modify the parameters while recording the output to a new pad.
    This is effectively fx automation, albeit without the ability to edit, which I think suits the ethos of this instrument o:)

• Yeah that would be a handy function.
    A Toggle recording mode and/or threshold recording control would be great to have too.
    (Sneaks another FR into the post :p )

@elf_audio In regards to requests for FX automation and how it could be implemented, maybe you could add MIDI CC control of the performance effects from the ‘Goodies’ Page allowing users to pipe in automation or control the effects from an external controller etc..
    I assume this would fulfill that FR without becoming distracting or adding bloat to the App.

• ps. Although I can’t comfortably fit my iPad into my pocket, I would still prefer if I could use it in landscape

• Yep threshold recording for sure. I would love an actual trim recording. Right now the trim function is basically a sample start and end.