Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Circuit 1.8 Update announced.

Comments

• Non quantised recording, assignable MIDI channels...this thing just keeps getting better and better

• Can we talk about how rad the presenter in this video is??! Because he is, and we should.

• Impressive ! Maybe I shouldn’t have sold mine ?

• The folks who bought this the first time they were released must be so bloody pleased. The thing gets older but better every year.

• Yay. Non quantised recording is a Biggie. The final thing that would blow circuit out of the water would be native access to sample files rather than the somewhat convoluted current method. Having said that top marks to novation still supporting upgrades all these years on. Other manufacturers take note

• Best little synth out there👊🏼™️

• @CRAKROX said:
    Impressive ! Maybe I shouldn’t have sold mine ?

I just dodged that bullet. I needed money for a 10.5/pencil/256 so I had my Circuit listed a couple days ago and someone was going to buy it. They texted me saying they had to fly Europe, as ther mom screwed their back up, etc so deal off. i was bummed but checked craigslist again and boom, three hours later had a pristine 10.5/pencil/256 and saved $400. Circuit is safe.

Free story.

• edited March 2019

Does the Circuit Mono Station get the same regular updates? I assume so ...

• You can find them on Craigslist for around 200 USD in the SF Bay Area. A lot of people buy them without knowing much about them, and sell them virtually new when they don’t fit into their workflow.

• @AudioGus said:

@CRAKROX said:

I just dodged that bullet. I needed money for a 10.5/pencil/256 so I had my Circuit listed a couple days ago and someone was going to buy it. They texted me saying they had to fly Europe, as ther mom screwed their back up, etc so deal off. i was bummed but checked craigslist again and boom, three hours later had a pristine 10.5/pencil/256 and saved $400. Circuit is safe.

Free story.

The gods of economy were smiling on you that day. Pay it forward - give me the Circuit.

• i love that novation still updates this but i sold mine months ago and do not miss it.

• edited March 2019

Awesome update. Still wish you could real-time record held notes over a bar. Manually tying notes sucks when you just want to record some pad strings into 8 bars. You can see this happens to him when recording notes in from the keyboard.

• Well, lack of no-quantize was the one thing that made me safe from Circuit lust... Now it's starting to look like the hands-on hardware sketchbox + midi sequencer I just might be able to afford. :open_mouth:

• The support of Circuit is phenomenal ... well done Novation :)
    But, maybe it's time for a Circuit mkII with more dedicated buttons (and more features ;) )

• @kinkujin said:

@AudioGus said:

@CRAKROX said:

Free story.

The gods of economy were smiling on you that day. Pay it forward - give me the Circuit.

Hehe, errr...

• Sequencing session changes in Cubasis is my current fetish. I love those doppler fx you get when abruptly changing FX parameters.

• @Korakios said:
    The support of Circuit is phenomenal ... well done Novation :)
    But, maybe it's time for a Circuit mkII with more dedicated buttons (and more features ;) )

Yeah I was hoping for one with direct sampling and a small screen.

• @CRAKROX said:

@Korakios said:

Stem export or multi channel internal audio recording...

• @AudioGus said:

@CRAKROX said:

@Korakios said:

Well , I meant mostly workflow improvements since there is a ton shift actions ,impossible to remember unless playing in daily base. And maybe more synth / audio parts not a Digitakt ;)

• @Korakios said:

@AudioGus said:

@CRAKROX said:

@Korakios said:

Well , I meant mostly workflow improvements since there is a ton shift actions ,impossible to remember unless playing in daily base. And maybe more synth / audio parts not a Digitakt ;)

Sure, step 1

• Love my circuit, even more! :smiley:

• i'm thinking of getting a circuit after this new firmware update. seems like the sequencer will surpass my electribe with the new resolution.
    what would it be now, 24 ppqn? not sure how to work it out.
    could someone say if its possible to set the sequencer voice allocation to mono and if so, is it possible to play over the existing sequence and also overdub? in the manual there's an option for the synth to be mono but doesn't say for the sequencer.

• @mrcanister said:
    i'm thinking of getting a circuit after this new firmware update. seems like the sequencer will surpass my electribe with the new resolution.
    could someone say if its possible to set the sequencer voice allocation to mono and if so, is it possible to play over the existing sequence and also overdub? in the manual there's an option for the synth to be mono but doesn't say for the sequencer.

I don't think you can set sequencer to be mono.
    It is possible to play over the existing sequence, while the existing sequence plays too, and yes you can record this and overdub.
    You can Mute the sequencer, and then still play the connected sound source (or internal synth) ... have not tried recording with sequencer muted.

• I am really hoping that iPad OS Safari will have web midi and that Novation components works...

• @AudioGus said:
    I am really hoping that iPad OS Safari will have web midi and that Novation components works...

Me too, but WebMIDI is not there in the iOS 13 beta according to current reports :(

• Me too fingers double crossed- Novation should deffo release a circuit editor app!!!!

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:
    I am really hoping that iPad OS Safari will have web midi and that Novation components works...

Me too, but WebMIDI is not there in the iOS 13 beta according to current reports :(

• @AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:
    i'm thinking of getting a circuit after this new firmware update. seems like the sequencer will surpass my electribe with the new resolution.

It is possible to play over the existing sequence, while the existing sequence plays too, and yes you can record this and overdub.
    You can Mute the sequencer, and then still play the connected sound source (or internal synth) ... have not tried recording with sequencer muted.

Hey @AndyPlankton
    I've only just noticed you replied to me! Thanks.
    I didn't mean to ignore you.
    I pm'd tareketh and he filled me in on the circuit sequencer.
    I'm half way through building a midirex sequencer now. I'll see what that can do. ((:

• @mrcanister said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@mrcanister said:

Hey @AndyPlankton
    I've only just noticed you replied to me! Thanks.
    I didn't mean to ignore you.
    I pm'd tareketh and he filled me in on the circuit sequencer.
    I'm half way through building a midirex sequencer now. I'll see what that can do. ((:

haha no worries :) Keep me posted on that MIDIREX I'm interested to hear how you get on with it !