Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Observation: In a store scenerio

edited March 2019 in Other

Developers of software that are not on board with tablet and phone operating systems, i hope you are observing the playing field.

For instance in the apple store...nobody was standing at the desktop and laptop stations...but the phone and tablet stations were at full capacity?! If you are clinging to the bullshit idea that the laptop and desktop computer is the mecca of home computing, you are running in a dead race with no bets.

The generation of people that are consumers now, are just seemingly not interested in laptops and desktops as much, if at all...im thinking you have no more than 2-3 yrs before you have to either move to mobile platforms or die off...

Its just an opinionated observation that things like melodyne and serum etc need to be finding the way to the mobile platform sooner than later.

Just like the silence at the computer stations; that’s all....nothing else to see here...keep it movin.

Comments

• Interesting viewpoint, but its hard for companies to migrate existing software over to a mobile device because:

a) The original development team has long gone
    b) Its not fun redoing an existing application - you sort of exhaust creativity leading up to release
    c) touch is not the same as mouse+keyboard - both have pros and cons (try playing tournament Starcraft on an iPad!)
    d) you can charge the user more for desktop software than IOS
    e) Much more cpu/gfx/disk storage on a desktop - so better when dealing with samples say
    f) You need a desktop to develop IOS software (I use my mbp 10x more than my iPad+phone)

However...
    a) IOS does have a cheap global marketplace
    b) No piracy on IOS!
    c) Indie developers can compete with big corporations with innovative software
    d) Audiobus forum is a great place to hang out!

Just my 2c as an indie developer....

• Maybe it’s that people who hang out in the Apple Store don’t necessarily buy Macs. All those nerds are at home, or at the studio, creating things.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Maybe it’s that people who hang out in the Apple Store don’t necessarily buy Macs. All those nerds are at home, or at the studio, creating things.

Ha! Maybe...

@midiSequencer said:
    Interesting viewpoint, but its hard for companies to migrate existing software over to a mobile device because:

a) The original development team has long gone
    b) Its not fun redoing an existing application - you sort of exhaust creativity leading up to release
    c) touch is not the same as mouse+keyboard - both have pros and cons (try playing tournament Starcraft on an iPad!)
    d) you can charge the user more for desktop software than IOS
    e) Much more cpu/gfx/disk storage on a desktop - so better when dealing with samples say
    f) You need a desktop to develop IOS software (I use my mbp 10x more than my iPad+phone)

However...
    a) IOS does have a cheap global marketplace
    b) No piracy on IOS!
    c) Indie developers can compete with big corporations with innovative software
    d) Audiobus forum is a great place to hang out!

Just my 2c as an indie developer....

Lots of points here, but not sure the old platforms are gonn be with us much longer.

• Apple is giving up on laptops, but are trying to fool everybody by sticking an iPad Pro in a MacBook body.