Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer UMC 404 HD issues

13»

Comments

• I’ve run the headphone out into channel three and then recording in AUM. I’m about to be sampling everything.

• @rezidue said:
    I’ve run the headphone out into channel three and then recording in AUM. I’m about to be sampling everything.

In mono?

• @supadom said:

@rezidue said:
    I’ve run the headphone out into channel three and then recording in AUM. I’m about to be sampling everything.

In mono?

Am I only picking up one side of the signal this way? Should I have split the headphone output into separate channels? Gone directly from the 1/2 outputs instead?

• Just tested and realized now I only see the left channel. I’ve rerouted from 1/2 output into 3/4 input.

• @rezidue said:

@supadom said:

@rezidue said:

In mono?

Am I only picking up one side of the signal this way? Should I have split the headphone output into separate channels? Gone directly from the 1/2 outputs instead?

You will get stereo if you use a Y cable (1/8 inch stereo jack to 2 mono 1/4 inch jacks) and plug the two mono jacks into input 3 and 4. You’ll also need to pan them, one extreme left and the other extreme right using the channel stereo panning tool.

Great tip though.

• Got the ADA 8200, connected to the UMC 1820 all the inputs and outputs are working fine, tested via Cubasis.

• I bought UMC404HD last week and I'm loving it so far. But I have problem that may be related to drivers (I'm using Windows driver 4.38).
    Usually, everything works like a charm, but then, after hour or two, sound just disappears and my PC can't load audio or video clips. (e.g. I can't load videos on YouTube, neither sound files from my HDD). When I unplug the UMC404HD, and plug it back in, everything works fine again.
    I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit).
    Bluestacks Lucky Patcher Kodi

• Ok so listen I finally figured out the problem with this damn interface (Note: This a Windows issue I fixed, not sure about Mac). This seems to me like a Behringer driver issue, so we need to undo the "damage" done by it.

DO THESE IN ORDER:

1. Uninstall the driver through Add / Remove Programs.

2. Unplug the usb cable (You can leave the power cable in there).

3. Restart the system as it asks you to do.

4. Go into regedit.exe (registry editor).

5. Now what you have to do here is remove EVERY INSTANCE of "UMC Behringer" that you find. Hit "F3" and find "UMC Behringer". Delete the associated key. You can find all instance ONE AT A TIME by hitting f3 AFTER YOU HAVE THE DELETED THE CURRENT ONE. You'll have to delete all the keys that have any mention of UMC Behringer, INCLUDING all the mentions of the driver files (.sys) (Some of these are locked by the system and can't be deleted; that's fine). Be sure to type in "UMC Behringer". Make sure that you delete each instance of Behringer (there will be Line 1 / 2 and Line 3 / 4 entries. GET RID OF THEM ALL.

!!! Important !!! - There are various keys that have the string UMC. These are part of enumeration methods for the COM (component object model) for Windows, as well as other random registry keys. If you search ONLY BY UMC, you will see these as well. If you check the path of where these are located, you can safely delete ONLY the ones that have BEHRINGER in their path somewhere. That's why I stress only searching for "UMC Behringer" because if you don't, you'll be deleting important links to system methods and who knows what bullbleep will happen as a result.

THIS STEP WILL TAKE A WHILE...MAYBE 10-15 MINUTES AND IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. THIS STEP ENSURES THAT EVERY INSTANCE (MENTION) OF BEHRINGER AND ITS INSTALLATION IN YOUR SYSTEM WILL BE REMOVED.

Once this is done. Restart the computer!

1. Re-install the newest driver for the device. This is currently (6/10/2019) for Windows 7 to 10 machines the middle one. I'm adding a picture and boxing the right one (If you have older operating systems ie Windows XP or Vista, get the top one instead).

2. DON'T RESTART THE SYSTEM!!! PLUG IN THE USB CABLE AND WAIT FOR IT TO INSTALL: 5 - 10 SECONDS...THEN CLICK FINISH.

3. Check your system tray and make sure your there is an OUT 1 / 2 AND OUT 3 / 4. I had to use the older drivers (4.38) to get both the Out's and In's, but once I removed all the registry keys, both showed up with the newer drivers.

4. Go into your DAW and make sure your sampling rate MATCHES THE ONE SET BY THE INTERFACE. For me in Windows 8.1 (f&%k Windows 10), it's 48 khz. Once this is done you should no longer have any issues.

Let me know if you have any problems. This interface is great (especially the pre-amps) but holy bleep do these drivers suck.

• edited June 2019

Just a note to say I have the volume issue and it seems to be intermittent at various start ups. Very frustrating, the preamps sound great but the output level is low. I end up using AUM to boost the signal. My guess is many people don’t even notice it. That, or it is in random units. I tried what I think is their forum and support site with no solution. This is with iOS.

• Let me hijack this thread real quick. I set up some hardware synths that I'm now running into the interface. And I'm having volume issues that make me suspect this thing can switch to "balanced input" even on the 6,3mm input.

A pocket operator connected with a stereo cable works fine. A volca only works fine if I connect it with a mono cable.

Does the interface recognize when a stereo cable is connected and switches to balanced input automatically?

• @dobbs said:
    Let me hijack this thread real quick. I set up some hardware synths that I'm now running into the interface. And I'm having volume issues that make me suspect this thing can switch to "balanced input" even on the 6,3mm input.

A pocket operator connected with a stereo cable works fine. A volca only works fine if I connect it with a mono cable.

Does the interface recognize when a stereo cable is connected and switches to balanced input automatically?

The input jacks are spec'd as XLR/TRS and with different levels for the line and instrument settings. Testing with a multi-meter indicates that it really is a TRS jack. I'd guess that the pre is setup to work on the balanced input and if a standard 1/4" is input then the differential pre-amp input will be OK referencing the ring signal at ground.

The source side plays into the situation too. If it has a TRS jack as well and it leaves the ring floating, that could mess with the levels and not work well.

The one thing that I have issues with on the Behringer interfaces is getting the input levels set right with instrument inputs. Between the inputs and the levels and the pad and the line/instrument switch, it's always a pain. I've gone to using external preamps for all instrument level signals into them. You don't have to, but it makes it much easier. I think that it's fine with mic and line inputs but touchy with the instrument levels.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    If you're using the UMC through a powered USB hub, you're going to have issues. Behringer admitted it in one of their forums a long time ago.

Using straight to iPad it's a great, cheap AI.

Hey, sorry to bump an old thread but I'm considering buying one of these and I'm wondering if this is still an issue? I want to be able to connect the AI while also still being able to do MIDI through USB. Am I SOL with this interface if I want to do that?

• I since bought UMC 1820 and couldn’t be happier with it. I use it mostly with my iMac but I’ve run it with AUM for a while with no issues. This is an absolute bang for a buck interface.

• @supadom said:
    I since bought UMC 1820 and couldn’t be happier with it. I use it mostly with my iMac but I’ve run it with AUM for a while with no issues. This is an absolute bang for a buck interface.

I’ve had mine several year’s, it’s excellent value and also have it paired with the ADA8200 for the extra ins and outs.

• @knewspeak said:

@supadom said:
    I since bought UMC 1820 and couldn’t be happier with it. I use it mostly with my iMac but I’ve run it with AUM for a while with no issues. This is an absolute bang for a buck interface.

I’ve had mine several year’s, it’s excellent value and also have it paired with the ADA8200 for the extra ins and outs.

Yes, I was considering that but frankly I wouldn’t use more than 8 ins at one time….mostly because I get lost with acoustic drums taking more than 4 channels!!!! 😂

• @audiobumss said:
    I am having an issue with UMC404HD also connected to iOS. My issue is level is so low, it only gets to -48db or so, even though the red clip light on behringer is showing.

That is when I connect via a usb hub to lightning-usb3 connector. WHen I connect directly to lightning-usb3 without hub, the signal is great. I have sporadically gotten it to work with hub as well....I'm thinking it's the order I power cycle?

My 404HD now has the same issue. I can increase the preamp gains until i‘m in the red zone on the interface, yet in cubasis levels are at -40db. Half a year or so ago the exact same setup still worked perfectly fine. The only thing that’s changed is the iOS version…

Connecting to hub, connecting to hb + external power, connecting directly to CCK + external power all give the same result… Does anybody have an idea what might be happening?

• @dobbs
    Are you using AUM?
    Disconnect everything connect to your idevice.
    Turn up iOS volume to max.
    Open up AUM and go into “Settings “ and turn “Input gain” up to 100%.
    Reconnect everything and check the levels again.