Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 - Copying from one track to another

Sorry if this is obvious or the wrong place to post this.

I have a midi that was imported as two 16-bar tracks that I want merged within a single track/gadget. The first track has the first 8 bars, the 2nd track has the remaining 8 bars. I see the Function - Copy - Paste feature, but it overwrites all the content when pasting (and I lose the notes from track 1). I just want the notes merged. Is there a proper way to do this, writhing Korg Gadget 2? I would have thought copy and paste would not delete the content already in the track, or at least provide an option to merge or overwrite. Thanks.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Sorry, I don’t think it can be done.
    However, you can copy the second 8 bar pattern into a new scene on the same track. Instead of one 16 bar scene you’ll just have two 8 bar scenes that play one after another.

• edited March 2019

I'd do it the way @wim suggested.
    Gadget is not made for importing those typical MIDI files you have - linear tracks with often an odd number of measures, often not starting at bar one but rather with an offset to give GM instruments some time to settle after the initial program changes.
    In most cases you'll need to pre-process (and maybe split) the MIDI file using other software (I prefer Audio Evolution) before import, and when importing, Gadget will only split long files into patterns of equal length.

• Thank you. Moving the 8 bar pattern to a new scene may be an okay idea. I’m very new with this, so I was just messing around with midi to start. I could edit the midi, beforehand. I’ll look into Audio Evolution.

Also, what is the deal with no undo button? This seems like a common sense addition.