Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help with Akai EIE (red) and Mac Gadget

I have been using the Akai EIE (the red one) with my iPad and Mac version of Korg Gadget for a while. Recently the EIE no longer seems to communicate to Mac Gadget with audio or MIDI. It still works on the iPad. I can see the EIE as the output device and input device under Audio in Mac Gadget Preferences, but I can’t hear anything and there’s no levels on the Gadget meters. The EIE input meters do move with input audio.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? It’s frustrating because it worked well on the Mac in the past.

Comments

• Direct monitor knob maybe? The one at the bottom on the far right.

• edited March 2019

@girlvsworld said:
    Direct monitor knob maybe? The one at the bottom on the far right.

Thanks for the reply.

No that’s not it. The EIE works fine with Garage Band on the Mac. Just doesn’t work for Gadget now for some annoying reason.

• It works fine at my end.

• @supadom said:
    It works fine at my end.

That’s good to know, but not too helpful for me.

My red EIE works fine for Garage Band on the Mac but not for Gadget anymore after a recent update, even though I can see it in the preferences. It also works fine on the iPad Gadget app.

I guess I’ll try asking Korg support or Apple support for some help.

• @Pianokey88 said:

@supadom said:
    It works fine at my end.

That’s good to know, but not too helpful for me.

My red EIE works fine for Garage Band on the Mac but not for Gadget anymore after a recent update, even though I can see it in the preferences. It also works fine on the iPad Gadget app.

I guess I’ll try asking Korg support or Apple support for some help.

Bit obvious maybe but have you tried updating the drivers or reloading them something s that does the trick.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    >
    Bit obvious maybe but have you tried updating the drivers or reloading them something s that does the trick.

Thanks. I don’t think it’s drivers.

There’s nothing in the EIE manual about having to install drivers for the Mac. And my Mac is running the latest operating system.

Am I missing something else?