Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• edited February 2019
    1. This has been requested often but it's not possible. If you record audio, it will be a clip with fixed position inside a pattern. You can "trim" the recording by moving the start point to the right or the end point to the left, but you cannot move the recording to a later position inside the pattern. You'd have to record with enough silence at the beginning (up to 16 bars, that is!!) to do that. 😝
    2. Swing=yes, Groove=no.
    3. Yes, some here have already detailed on what's available.
    4. Recording from your sound card: Only via Zurich or Rosario. Bilbao would be a lot more fun if it could sample live but it cannot. You can only purchase AudioShare, record your audio there, then import the sample in Gadget.

There is no such thing as a typical "timeline" in Gadget. Everything is done in patterns and a song consists of a sequence of patterns playing sequentially from top to bottom. Much like in Ableton Live's Session View.

Some people like working in patterns (like me), some hate it and prefer Cubasis, Audio Evolution, Auria etc.

• So far i’ve not been able to move REX files in the User Samples folder to a sub folder - it least not on the iPad - it will not allow it. Maybe It’s possible when doing it from a Mac - I will test later.

• @davis_korgrd I found a bug in the Sample list - it displays items in iCloud Trash hidden folder:

• All new releases or updates (especially to beloved or long awaited objects) bring hosanahs of hype or howls of how-could-they....for once I seem middling :)

Happy with various bits and bobs, especially the new drum thingies which are just fun and quick, a terrific combination when you're on the make.

No doubt more to find and there will be fixes (plus the ghostly two gadgets that didn't make the cut). This was parked in the spot just in time, there will surely be some further squaring up....

• edited February 2019

It looks like the KORG Gadget folder in iCloud is not showing up unless you are on an iOS device - not sure why, maybe a setting developers can make??

This means that so far I've been unsuccessful in organising my REX files, as they seem to only be able to stay in the User Samples folder and iOS will not let me move them - probably because they are an unrecognised file format. This also prevents me from copying REX files from other folders to the KORG Gadget folder at the moment.

• It could be you can only see KORG Gadget folder in iCloud Drive on the Mac if you have the Mac version installed? Maybe someone who owns it can confirm?

• I not very familiar with the MS-20. Can someone speak to what differentiates Irma from Moog Model 15 and Vcs-3

• I've seen the question asked: What's the difference between PolySix and Mono/Poly as gadgets. Anybody have insight? And what about MS-20?

Also, I'm totally delighted with this update. The integration with the NanoKontrol Studio and Keys is fantastic. Looking forward to cleverer types instructing about the easiest way to assign cc's in Taipei.

And @Samu TRIPLET GRID!

• edited February 2019

Less whacky than the iVCS3, and a thinner sound than a Moog.

I grew up with an MS20, so it’s part of my DNA. But I prefer the warmer, fatter sound of the M15, but the controls of the MS20.

I love it, and the iPolysix, they’re big synths to have inside Gadget so will open up a lot of creative possibilities.

• edited February 2019

Wich new Gadgets on iOS are free with the app and wich ones are IAP's?

• Despite the stern comments about Gadgets’ critical shortcomings mentioned before I will say that the feedback reverb alone was WORTH THE WAIT. Put it on anything in light or heavy doses, it’s about as mandatory as compression now, once you try it you can never go without it. @davis_korgrd we applaud you and your team. Now when can we have a discussion about workflow???????

• @ExAsperis99 the non technical answer in my limited experience with Polysix and more extensive experience with Monopoly:

Polysix, in Gadget, is less intimidating than Monopoly, less knob to tweak, sound about the same and looks the same. Also comes with an arpeggiator which is probably redundant.

Polysix is more instantly gratifying I suppose. Monopoly has more modulation options which some of us care about and some of us don’t.

• Taipei and Durban are free additions. iMS-20 and iPolysix are separate purchases, currently at 50% discount, for $14.99

• So I have both iMS-20 and i Polysix on my iPad. Those gadgets should unlock for free in Gadget 2, correct?

How do I "remote install" those on my iPhone? I own the iM1 as well and in my iPhone version of Gadget 1.x (I can't upgrade until I get home tonight) it says "buy" but there is no price...Is that the remote install option, or do I need to do something else?

• Very happy thst the iMS20 is still alive and really kicking. Some shelf life (especially for you buggers with the hardware version up on the actual shelf etc).

• This is a good question

something tells me the answer is no, though

• Seriously ???? Still no LEVEL CONTROL for the METRONOME ?????

• ONE LAST TIME I MUST STATE WHAT IS IN MY MIND/

WHO IS RUNNIG COMPANIES LIKE NOVATION AND KORG?

ARE THERE BUSINESS PEOPLE FORMULATING MARKET STRATEGY? IS THE HARDWARE A DEFACTO SEPERATE ENTITY? ARE COMPUTER PROGRAMMERS OR MUSICIANS DECIDING ON WHAT UPGRADES AND CHANGES ARE MADE TO APPS AND PROGRAMS?

IS USER INPUT EVER EVER EVEN REMOTELY CONSIDERED?

I THINK NOT.

I AM TORN ON IS IT ARROGANCE OR IGNORANCE?

I HAVE NEVER SEEN 2 COMPANIES LIKE KORG AND NOVATION CONSISTENTLY IGNORE THEIR CUSTOMER NEEDS IN LIEU OF A “we know what you need more than you”.

MAYBE THE KORG AND NOVATION COMPANIES NEED TO DO AN INTERNSHIP AT SAY ROLI or ELEKTRON. THESE COMPANIES LISTEN TO USERS AND MAKE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE TO BEST ALLOW PEOPLE TO MAKE MUSIC THEY WANT TO.

NOT IN SOME MYOPIC SYSTEM THAT HAS FACED THE SAME REQUESTS AND CRITICISMS FOR YEARS.

YES INCLUDE NOVATION BECAUSE THE GROOVEBOX APP AND ITS PERPETUAL IMPOTENCE. INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO USERS AND HAVING APPS THAT MAXIMIZE THEIR POTENTIAL USE OF THEIR HARDWARE THEY SORT SCOFF AND SAY “GB” was never designed for serious production. THAT IS INTERESTING BECAUSE AS A COMPANY WITH $1400 synths and $800 midi controllers the logical conclusion is that a company would have inspired software to compliment the hardware or at least boost sales. But Novation rather nickle and dime people for fake preset banks.

Korg releases what is obviously far from a 2.0.

Yeah on a a 1 to 10’scale maybe.

IOS consistency is that is falls short for my expectations when you have a debacle like this Gadget update.

Hopefully PropellerHead learns from this Gadget situation.

Yeah Yeah give it time .....blah blah

Sorry, in my world a good or service is ready when consumer takes hold of it.

This kind of perpetual less that exemplary outcomes for iOS music making dynasties only hurt iOS music making.

Clip launching couldn’t be done?

New FX? We have world class AU Fx?

Convouted audio and midi gymnastics to make things happen that should be one button pressed.

My button is pressed.

REASON ios you have a huge chance to take the lead?

Or will there be something else?

More to be revealed...........

• Yeah me too - my first iPad app purchase - and the reason I bought one in the first place. I've always just liked having it, but never really used it. If Gadget behaves itself battery and heat-wise it should start getting a bit of use.

The iPolysix too, got some lovely sounds on that fellah.

• On the positive side - it’s a free update...

on the negative side -

nothing new / innovative

still no way to arrange songs properly

more gadgets to sell, but hardly any useful new features.

doesn’t look like it’s going to be developed beyond an interesting app capable of so much more.

• The triplet grids have been in Gadget for as long as I can remember so it's not 'new' ;)

But man give us on-screen velocity for keys and pads (it's already there in the Madrid Gadget so please...).

And there has to be a way to disable the back-ground gradient as well as the note-colours in the grid-editor it's driving me nuts...

Anyways looking forward to the two additional Sega and Taito Gadgets but for a 'free' update it's been a blast :)

• That is the remote install option. It will give connection option, and you tap on it.

• It looks to me like Korg gave all of us iPhone users the middle finger! 🖕

No wonder they were so quiet about this update. It sucks! So far as I can tell, We got midi out (the ONLY useful thing from this update), bass effects, IFX, and an ugly dark blue theme. I had money in hand for iMS-20 and iPolySix (even though I already bought them once before for the iPad). I was so looking forward to improvements to the user interface and sequencer. I am very, very disappointed--even though it is free.

Back at you Korg!

• Thank you! Excited to get all this loaded up on both the iPhone and iPad tonight.

• Ha, my mistake. I thought you were always shocked that Gadget didn't have triplets!

• Heres sign your upgrade sucks

users are naming 3 old features trying to see if it is new or not.... lol

i love days like this

Entertaining fo sho

• LOOK AT ME!!

I HAVE A CAPS LOCK BUTTON!!

• Any confirmation on the Mac upgrade?

49 or 99?

Is the coupon found in an email?