Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Koala is the ultimate pocket-sized sampler. Record anything with your phone’s mic instantly. Use Koala to create beats with those samples, add effects and create a track!

https://www.elf-audio.com/koala/

Koala’s super intuitive interface helps you make a tracks in a flash, there is no brake pedal. You can also resample the output of the app back into the output, through the effects, the sonic possibilities are endless.

• Record up to 64 different samples with your mic
  • Transform your voice or any other sound with 8 superb built-in fx
  • Adjust trim, pan, pitch and volume of your samples
  • Export loops or entire tracks as professional quality WAV files
  • Copy/paste or merge sequences just by dragging them
  • Create beats with the high-resolution sequencer
  • Keyboard mode lets you play chromatically or one of 9 scales
  • Quantize, add swing to get the right feel
  • Add any (or all) of the 8 effects to the entire mix
  • AudioBus 3.0 compatible
  • MIDI controllable
  • Jam with others over WiFi with Ableton Link

Comments

• edited February 2019

Got excited for a second thinking this may be the sp404 clone I’ve been seen dreaming of. It’s not.

Edit: but still looks cool!

• no sp404 for 3 bucks...:)

• Max sample length time ?

• enc: I dont know:) I'm not related to this app. I've found it as today release and post it here.

I emailed the coder with some questions too:) I hope he will join this thread.

• Looks cool

• It’s pretty straightforward and efficient for what it does. It s like an ios version of the TE PO33, which is beautiful ;-)

it just lacks sample import for me. It has anything I need otherwise :-)

• Yeah after watching the video, this is definitely the closest you'll get to a PO33 in iOS-ville. Minus the fact this doesn't chop up audio using detected transients on drum channels. But still...

• edited February 2019

Hi!

I'm the developer of Koala Sampler, very happy to answer questions. Please ask! Would be good to make an FAQ.

Max sample length time - at least 1 hour. (This is only limited by the RAM/storage in your iPhone/tablet)

@legsmechanical I wasn't aiming to make an sp404 clone, but it's interesting you make the comparison, and it was still quite a big inspiration - can you tell what you think is missing?

Sample import/AudioShare should be coming in the next release.

• Good to see you here. Congrats on the release. Off to contribute my few shekels to its further evolution :)

• Seems to be portrait only and AB input slot only. Oh well at least it was cheap.

• Marek:

some good additions would be:

import samples, Audioshare and timestretch.

also maybe export all wavs from a project as a zip with number names!?

• Great launch! Agreed with the others, this has huge potential as the workflow is super quick and fun, but the ability to record samples from other apps and import from AudioShare or Files would really bring it to the next level.

i love the design and overall feel of the app, good work.

• edited February 2019

Instant buy!! It has Link and can be used in AB to be recorded in other apps, so that’s not a closed app and workflow seems intuitive and fun.

• Thanks everyone

@waka_x Along with AudioShare, I am planning to make it so I can export all the loops so you can just drop into Ableton etc.

Right now, you can access the files you recorded as wavs by plugging into iTunes and accessing the file sharing. If you want to export the actual loops, you have to do them one by one - choose the pattern, then menu > "EXPORT LOOP"

• is this something like werkbenh/Triqtaq ??? i would really love a wrkbenh for Iphone

• Does bear some resemblance to Werkbench--and also Samplebot. I think what stands out with this one is the easy workflow on the small screen. Having those FX and other options readily available makes for a ton of fun with very little effort.

• Super fast workflow. First request: is it possible to have velocity triggering pads?

• Audio import is a must have !!

• Good to see no real restrictions on sample length. Should make an interesting app for field recording and use i

• @elf_audio This is a blast--congrats on this excellent app. Any plans to allow recording of FX interactions in the perform section? That would take this over the top.

• edited February 2019

@lukesleepwalker That would be awesome to have some sort of automation or parameter recording, still haven't worked out how it could work conceptually, but it's in the pipeline.

@Janosax thanks, will look into it! Do you have an example of an app that does this?

@enc It's coming!!!

Here's a bit of an explanation of how and why it was made if anyone is interested: https://www.elf-audio.com/koala/how-it-was-made.php

• @elf_audio Don't get overwhelmed by these guys. They're the best research resource an indie dev could wish for. Great ideas. But they are enthusiastic dogs and there are lots of them :)

• edited February 2019

Xequence do it pretty well, in standalone version with drum maps IAP, or with Xequence Drums pads AU which is useable in any midi AU host like Audiobus/AUM. Velocity can be triggered with max value at pad center and decreased values at edges, or with max value at pads top or bottom.

• edited February 2019

Wow, that "how it was made" page is very cool--greatly enjoyed that and it gives good insight into your vision for the app. And @JohnnyGoodyear is correct, of course. You will get bombarded with feature requests (like my first one!) but take it as a sign that the community is engaged and likes where you are headed.

Quick note on my request: the transport button with the record button grayed out is visible in the perform view. Y'all led me to think about recording my interactions because that record button is right there! :-)

After a quick 30 minute joy ride, I can say that an "undo" button would be much appreciated.

• does this work in aum ?

• Lack of Au3 is a deal breaker... Sorry.

Seem like a great idea otherwise!

• Totally understand that everyone has a different point of view, and I usually am looking for AUv3, too. But in this case, this app is designed to do something quite different. It's designed to be a quick/easy sampler that you carry around in your pocket to capture sounds and ideas.