Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Photon AU is available

Comments

• Guys,

How do you control photon? Is it controllable with a midi footswitch?

• I really appreciate the level of dedication you have towards all of your offerings. Thank you.

• I have only used the UI, but it does expose most of the controls as AU parameters, so in theory it should work fine.

I say in theory because even though you can see the list of AU parameters, they don’t always work as they should. (I am looking at you, BASSalicious). 😉

• I have assigned the pad params to a footswitch and it works well in my experimentation. Haven't tried the other params. And agree that bassalicious is really lacking in this dept--and I've given up even trying at this point.

• @ph8aerror a lot of Photon design came out of this forum, so why not extend that to improve the UI!

• Can someone explain more about the Playback feature? Just a list of steps to load the pads and get them to playback. I haven't been able to crack this puzzle. I can see the "play" triangle but haven't been able to enable it yet. The documentation provided does seem to offer any relevant details.

A video would be worth a million words.

• edited February 2019

@McD

1) record midi (or import a midi file and LOAD it)

2) select a pad

3) assign it to a pad using the ASSIGN button

3) play that pad using the small triangle

You need Photon setup with inputs(to record) and outputs(to play).eg in aum you could input using the kbd and create another channel, load up a synth then select Photon THRU.

You might have worked this out but the assign may not be obvious?

• For me, #3 had me trippin’ at first.

I kept hitting the pad in general, but took a minute to figure out to actually hit just the triangle.

I could get the pad to start/stop, but really inconsistently until I got it worked out.

• Thanks. It was ASSIGN. I think I did that once but didn't have anything on the output to render the MIDI. It's always something relatively simple that gets overlooked. I do like the UI with the exception of the scaling to fit the window size but it's very well played out overall.

• @McD

Well it shows I need to have a simple getting started section in the manual & get some more videos out!

• Tweeks and added EDIT section

• That Edit section is sweet!

• @midiSequencer I seem to be geting stuck notes from the Photon recording, when the original midi being recorded doesn't get stuck notes. Just been recording from Autony to a synth, sounds good. But then Photon playing it back getting stuck notes etc.

Not sure if you've experienced this?

• Is universal version soon to be released?

• @Carnbot said:
    @midiSequencer I seem to be geting stuck notes from the Photon recording, when the original midi being recorded doesn't get stuck notes. Just been recording from Autony to a synth, sounds good. But then Photon playing it back getting stuck notes etc.

Not sure if you've experienced this?

I'll pm you so you can send me the midi file.

• edited March 2019

@Janosax said:
    Is universal version soon to be released?

I'm close to finishing the last of the functional changes (working on better looper workflow now then state saving to finish this totally).

I've reworked the UI a lot to make it easier to fit on an iphone (eg removed the unnecessary background & lines & making everything moveable by code), but yet to start this - I'm looking at this next week though.

@audiblevideo's new gfx will be after next update is out as I need the iPhone layout completed before I rework the look n feel .

• Great..🙂

• @midiSequencer No sign of your next big update yet ? Apple on a go slow !

• @McD said:
    Can someone explain more about the Playback feature? Just a list of steps to load the pads and get them to playback. I haven't been able to crack this puzzle. I can see the "play" triangle but haven't been able to enable it yet. The documentation provided does seem to offer any relevant details.
    A video would be worth a million words.

Might I direct you here, sir:

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @midiSequencer No sign of your next big update yet ? Apple on a go slow !

Nope they approved it but I noticed a couple of things to fix, so will resubmit today having fixed them.

• @midiSequencer said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @midiSequencer No sign of your next big update yet ? Apple on a go slow !

Nope they approved it but I noticed a couple of things to fix, so will resubmit today having fixed them.

Sweet! Thanks for all your great work!

• @midiSequencer Ok that’s good. Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

• @midiSequencer Lots of great improvements in the latest beta, but do you have an ETA on when state saving with loops saved to pads will arrive?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @midiSequencer Lots of great improvements in the latest beta, but do you have an ETA on when state saving with loops saved to pads will arrive?

Its going to be in the next update - along with more improvements in the record->loop.

This update focused on fixing bugs, compressing the UI(files & settings now on side panels), extending number of pads to 6, enable multi-track selection and rounding up track lengths.
    So made sense to release it now.

Apple rejected my build last night so I've resubmitted earlier today

• @midiSequencer said:

That has been a worrying trend lately. Out of curiosity; was it something unreasonable?

• Damnit 🍏

@midiSequencer cant wait to see what you’ve done

Now to the store to refresh

• @brambos said:

@midiSequencer said:

That has been a worrying trend lately. Out of curiosity; was it something unreasonable?

It was my screenshots (metadata) not showing how the app is used.
    I think its more the reviewers not having a clue how to test it - even though I've a 29 page manual explaining it!

I added one more screenshot and just submitted again

• @audiblevideo said:
    Damnit 🍏

@midiSequencer cant wait to see what you’ve done

Now to the store to refresh

pm me with your email

• @midiSequencer said:

@brambos said:

@midiSequencer said:

It was my screenshots (metadata) not showing how the app is used.
    I think its more the reviewers not having a clue how to test it - even though I've a 29 page manual explaining it!

I added one more screenshot and just submitted again

Pro-tip: do a 20-second screenrecording, upload it youtube and add it when you submit. It tends to speed up the approval process for music apps :)