Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi Fighter 3D Work With CCK?

edited February 2019 in Other

Anyone know if the Midi Fighter 3D works with the newest powered Camera Connection Kit? Can only find reference to the older, non-powered one needing a powered USB hub due to all the LED on the MF.

Thanks.

Comments

• The twister that needs more power works with the cck3. So I'm assuming the 3d will work.

• Midi Fighter 3D arrived today, and sadly it does not work with the iPad and a powered CCK. I get a too much power warning.

• I've used a Midi Twistor with usb power bank and UD-BT01 Yamaha Bluetooth adapter, which could be another option separate from a USB hub.

• I’d go powered usb hub to cck, if I didn’t have a Puc+ Bluetooth usb midi transmitter.

• Puc+ is the business. I have mine connected to a Launch Control XL - no external power required. Mapping the knobs to various parameters in ApeMatrix = works fine. Responsiveness has been solid, so far.

I’ve wondered if/how a Puc+ would work with a MF3D.

• edited February 2019

👊Probably be awesome 🤘

Midi fighters are well made and the puc+ handles Quneo and all it’s lights just fine.

• Having a really weird issue with my MF3D.

I tried connecting the MF3D to my iPad Mini 4 and it wouldn't see it. I used a powered USB hub, the CCK, and the included USB cable. Not a single app will see it.

However, when I used all the same cables with my iPhone 7 the MF shows up fine. Any idea why this might be the case?

Same iOS, same cables, same app, same everything, except device. iPhone sees MF3D, iPad doesn't. Stumped.

• @DYMS said:
    Having a really weird issue with my MF3D.
    I tried connecting the MF3D to my iPad Mini 4 and it wouldn't see it. I used a powered USB hub, the CCK, and the included USB cable. Not a single app will see it.
    However, when I used all the same cables with my iPhone 7 the MF shows up fine. Any idea why this might be the case?
    Same iOS, same cables, same app, same everything, except device. iPhone sees MF3D, iPad doesn't. Stumped.

i have no idea. my air2 works with the twister....

• @DYMS said:

Have you power-cycled your iPad?

• edited March 2019

@DYMS said:
    Anyone know if the Midi Fighter 3D works with the newest powered Camera Connection Kit? Can only find reference to the older, non-powered one needing a powered USB hub due to all the LED on the MF.
    Thanks.

It should have no problem I have a fighter and twister hooked into hub to iPad, works w or without the hub being powered.
    Also, I highly recommend both fighter and twister for iOS, the twisters double encoders are amazing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@DYMS said:

Have you power-cycled your iPad?

Yes, multiple times. I am trying to find another iPad to test it with to see if it is specific to the iPad mini 4.

• @DEADCIRCUITGOD said:

@DYMS said:
    Thanks.

It should have no problem I have a fighter and twister hooked into hub to iPad, works w or without the hub being powered.
    Also, I highly recommend both fighter and twister for iOS, the twisters double encoders are amazing.

Can I ask what iPad you are using? The twister also looks very cool. Very tempted, but can't pull the trigger until I understand why it isn't connecting to my iPad.

• edited March 2019

It's a 3rd gen pro, so I use a type c hub for that, but my iphone uses a lightning camera adapter with a belkin powered hub. The hub was actually for type c but I just use a c to a cable to cam adapter and it works w however many controllers I plug in. So maybe is a hub issue, I would think.
    Oh and the twister and fighter are class compliant, so that cant be the prob either.