Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electro Rock w/ Modstep, Ruismakers, Icegear, IK Multimedia

New video featuring Modstep, Ruismaker Noir and FM, Uno Synth, Lorentz and Laplace. Mixed/mastered and guitars, vocals recorded in Reaper.

I want to thank many people on the forum for your posts that pointed us in the right directions. This is my first full recording built on iOS apps. I would have had more trial and error without this forum and of course the developers that made these great products.

Longer explanation below.

https://youtu.be/779wdlC8PdI

We were a three piece rock band but when our drummer moved last summer, we decided to try an electronic setup. We initially looked at Ableton, but thought a laptop was overkill for just wanting electric drums, bass, and a few samples, especially since I'd be multi-tasking.

Since then we’ve gotten a live set put together with the apps above.

We decided we should record one of them. Some venues want video demos around here and, we didn’t have one of our new incarnation.

We thought it would be fun to make it ‘How It’s Made’-esque - especially fun for our very folk, rock, jazz (i.e. non-electro sounds) friends to see. And I wanted to do a shout-out to some of the innovative developers exploring this space.

@ikmultimedia

@cblomert

@brambos

You see the whole Modstep sequencing to finish here through the Reaper mixing, but just the iOS part is so exciting to me. Much of the sequencing and sound making, I did on the subway. And with the simple board you see with an iPad, usb hub, Uno Synth, and Akai keyboard we can have drum, bass, and synths I can play and tweak on the fly in many ways. Only had a couple performances so far like this but it is a heck of a lot of noise to make with such small number of humans on stage. :) And no drums to carry.

Not in the video (I just forgot, it runs in background)... Virsyn - AudioLayer. We use that to take drum samples from the desktop. Using BFD drums made a ‘SFD’ drums for Virsyn with about 6 layers; simply copy the midi over to the desktop and can mix drums individually with all the velocities.

Comments