Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence Master Class - Parts 1,2,3

2»

Comments

• Huzzah. Must be Friday!

• tjatja
    edited August 2018

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27890/xequence-masterclass-part-4a-drum-controller

@gmslayton said:
    I was going to just add it to my previous post but apparently I could not edit it. Part 4b will be up soon as well.

Parts 1-3 forum entry.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24988/xequence-master-class-parts-1-2-3#latest

Xequence is an impressive App, that constantly get's better.

Thanks for this, @SevenSystems

And thanks a bunch for those tutorial, that really help to get in, @gmslayton

• @tja trying my best -- I even fixed your contrast problem today 😉 (will be in the Audiobus update)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @tja trying my best -- I even fixed your contrast problem today 😉 (will be in the Audiobus update)

:) :p <3 B)

• edited August 2018

"There is something in the flow of this app that is counter intuitive for my brain in particular."

I agree with this sentiment from @RUST( i )K

I'm not sure if I should just chock it up to "I just don't get it" and move along or forge ahead and keep trying. Time is expensive ....

That said, I appreciate you taking the time to educate us @gmslayton !

• edited August 2018

@kinkujin @RUST( i )K A mater of taste obviously, as, to me, Xequence is just, by far, the most easiest and cleanest way to use rock solid midi standard connecting this chaotic world of unfinished unstable "all in one" apps available...

• @crony said:
    @kinkujin @RUST( i )K A mater of taste obviously, as, to me, Xequence is just, by far, the most easiest and cleanest way to use rock solid midi standard connecting this chaotic world of unfinished unstable "all in one" apps available...

This!!!

• edited February 2019

Great idea Rodolfo! About mapping midi to transport.

• @gmslayton Awesome series! Saw them a while back to get an idea about Xequence and bought it instantly after watching it. Definitely my favorite sequencing app (I hate everything else and always stayed away from sequencing on pc or iOS). So easy and precise... it’s just perfection. It’s closer to being a daw than some apps that claim to be DAWs lol. All my projects are neatly organized in folders too.

• i just asked this in another thread but maybe it’s best to ask here 😎
    so how do you just delete random notes?? i can’t seem to double tap them or find a way to select just one or isolated notes...what am i doing wrong..

also, i have metronome set to always on count in, but it never plays on count it..is it cuz link is enabled!!??

here’sa image of the notes i wanna delete..seems like i have to delete all or none with my current understanding

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:
    i just asked this in another thread but maybe it’s best to ask here 😎
    so how do you just delete random notes?? i can’t seem to double tap them or find a way to select just one or isolated notes...what am i doing wrong..

Is the Pen tool active?

Should be flashing white. Select this and you can then edit away.

You can also long press and drag to 'box select' notes.

• i figured out the metronome i think.. i guess the visual number count in is counting in to the count it? like there’sa blank space pre sequence

• @SpookyZoo said:

@reasOne said:

Is the Pen tool active?

this is what im getting..

• @reasOne are you in the iOS Music Production Discord? It may be a bug but I have a few ideas that might be easier to help with real time chat

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    @reasOne are you in the iOS Music Production Discord? It may be a bug but I have a few ideas that might be easier to help with real time chat

yo! yes i am on the discord with the same name

• shout out to @TheAudioDabbler for giving me the code to delete notes!! now i am in the xeq1 club! hahah

• @reasOne said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@reasOne said:

Is the Pen tool active?

In the video it looks like the Grid is „crossed out“ - might be moiree effect but have never seen this and I do everything with X2.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@reasOne said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@reasOne said:

Is the Pen tool active?

In the video it looks like the Grid is „crossed out“ - might be moiree effect but have never seen this and I do everything with X2.

i think it looks like that in x1 when you have it set to loop a particular section, which is the part that’s shown, maybe is different in x2

• edited February 2020

If anyone else is interested in how to delete such small notes: Hit SELECT, drag a frame around the note(s) to delete and hit the X (DELETE) button.
    Or zoom in and then delete.

• Wonderful work. Kudos to you, @TheAudioDabbler .

• @audio_DT said:
    Wonderful work. Kudos to you, @TheAudioDabbler .

No disrespect to Mister Dabbler, but is the series still largely on point despite the newer version etc?

• no disrespect taken MR. @JohnnyGoodyear I would say at the core, X1 and X2 are similar enough with the editing and things that these should still be accurate. I do need to revisit and add in X2 specific stuff.

I do cover new features in my Dawless Daw video.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@audio_DT said:
    Wonderful work. Kudos to you, @TheAudioDabbler .

No disrespect to Mister Dabbler, but is the series still largely on point despite the newer version etc?

Ah, I never thought about that. I know X2 pretty well already so didn't watch this in depth. It seemed good and was presented well and I was largely commenting on that. Good point, though, sir.

• edited February 2020

well nothing mind blowing here but this is my first loop with x1 to actually feel like i know a bit about what i’m doing 🤣😎 had to cut the bass for the screen cap as it was causing insane distortion so is a bit empty sounding rn...

question. does x2 come with unlimited tracks from the start or is it an iap?

• edited February 2020

@reasOne Xequence 2 comes with all features out of the box, there are currently no IAPs. That includes unlimited tracks.

There's various ways to delete multiple notes:

• As mentioned, using "Draw" mode and then just tapping existing notes
    • From the "SELECT" menu, set selection mode to "Add", then tap multiple notes and then hit "DELETE" (X)
    • Long-tap and draw a rectagle to select multiple notes, then again DELETE.

Also, the "Visual count-in" (Play button counting down and flashing) has nothing to do with the metronome or recording count-in -- it is a separate Ableton Link count-in to the next bar :) (yeah, that's what you get when so many different features fight against each other :D )

• @SevenSystems said:
    @reasOne Xequence 2 comes with all features out of the box, there are currently no IAPs. That includes unlimited tracks.

• From the "SELECT" menu, set selection mode to "Add", then tap multiple notes and then hit "DELETE" (X)

Also, the "Visual count-in" (Play button counting down and flashing) has nothing to do with the metronome or recording count-in -- it is a separate Ableton Link count-in to the next bar :) (yeah, that's what you get when so many different features fight against each other :D )

haha ya i think it finally hit me that the count in was a link thing then my timing got much better 🤣😎🤣😎
    well sir this is a no brainer decision then to upgrade to x2. consider it done!

i read here somewhere that people are having good luck with x2 and fractal bits so that is awesome as it’s quickly become my percussion go to.

feels good to finally start to understand this beast i was just blanking out on a couple things at first but now the fun is learn the next batch of “ things x_q_c_e can do!

• @reasOne said:

@SevenSystems said:

haha ya i think it finally hit me that the count in was a link thing then my timing got much better 🤣😎🤣😎
    well sir this is a no brainer decision then to upgrade to x2. consider it done!

i read here somewhere that people are having good luck with x2 and fractal bits so that is awesome as it’s quickly become my percussion go to.

feels good to finally start to understand this beast i was just blanking out on a couple things at first but now the fun is learn the next batch of “ things x_q_c_e can do!

x_q_c_e :D let me know if there's any other questions that come up. And thanks for the purchase!

• edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:
    If anyone else is interested in how to delete such small notes: Hit SELECT, drag a frame around the note(s) to delete and hit the X (DELETE) button.
    Or zoom in and then delete.

That's what I meant by...

"You can also long press and drag to 'box select' notes."

:)