Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pressure sensitivity question for Keith McMillen K-Board users

I purchased a K-Board a few months ago for it's super portability and strong build. I only occasionally use it with my iPad and I recently noticed it is super sensitive to pressure even at lowest settings and very soft playing.

I expected it would work similarly to aftertouch where you need to apply extra force to activate it, but I basically can't play it without affecting the pressure.

I don't know if it's simply the way K-Board works or something is wrong with my unit. I created a short video to demonstrate what I'm talking about:

Is your K-Board responding the same way to pressure?

Comments

• Yes, mine responds the same way. I wish it was different because it’s so handy otherwise.

• Thanks. Too bad, but it’s still a nice device even with a few flaws.

• It's somewhat adjustable with the K-Board app, but it's far from om perfect or ideal. I work mostly with mono synths that don't have velocity so it doesn't bother me too much.

• i used to ha e one of these and and a roli pad. traded them all in and got a Sensel. talk about pressure sensitivity. i’ve never played anything quite like it. it’s very exspressive

• edited February 2019

velocity and pressure is often something that has to be adjusted. I have a QuNexus and had some problems with its velocity and pressure sensitivity, but after going into the QuNexus editor where you can fine-tune these parameters it's working well.

You may also need to change some settings in the receiving instrument.

I'm very interested in the Sensel controller.

• I tried several pressure sensitivity values ranging from min to max, but couldn't get the response I was hoping for.

The action that I was expecting from pressure sensitivity is similar to aftertouch, like at the beginning of the video on the K-Board product page on Keith McMillen's website:

• yeah, I love the form factor of the k-board. But I gotta say that the tilt and pressure are almost always turned off, due to how unwieldy they are. The pitch bend bar isn't great either :(

• edited August 2021

@palm said:
    yeah, I love the form factor of the k-board. But I gotta say that the tilt and pressure are almost always turned off, due to how unwieldy they are. The pitch bend bar isn't great either :(

I know this thread is old, but somehow I got searching for K-Board sensitivity. I’ve come to accept my K-Board as a “happy accidents” device 😂

I’m not sure what the smart material looks like on the inside, if it’s all one piece or on piece dedicated to each pad but turning on the expression buttons does expose sensitivity inconsistencies.

I love this little keyboard so much for the expression options, but it does make it a bit of psycho controller! Ghost notes…

The firm update is supposed to fix it, but doesn’t. Anyone get their K-Board to behave?