Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus & my new Christmas keyboard

edited May 2013 in Creations

Covering Sufjan Stevens. First go with audiobus!

audiobus, thumbjam, jamup pro, multitrackdaw + guitar

Comments

• wow. That's awesome. Listened to some of your other tracks too. Great job!

• Thank you Ryan!

• No probs. Thanks for 'following' me on soundcloud. I don't have much up there ATM, check out my reverbnation thingy if you'd like to hear some of my work http://www.reverbnation.com/RyanHemeon :-)

• edited January 2013

That is amazing! What did you use to record your voice?
    Was the final track made in Multitrack DAW or did you export it to Logic/whatever you're using?

I've had a listen through each of your tracks on SoundCloud and you now have a new fan. If you're up for it I'd like to hear your opinion about Audiobus/what it does well, what it does not yet do nicely. You can either reply here or mail me at sebastian at audiob dot us

• Very nice.

• I have the same question about vocals. They are nicely dry. in a word...Inspiring.

• edited January 2013

Thanks for your comments everyone, you are all so kind! :)

The vocals and acoustic guitar were recorded using an Apogee One powered by a Belkin F5U304 hub (only pushing this hub on you guys because I tried a few and it was the only one that worked!).

Recorded it all in Multitrack Daw, exported it to Ableton to mix, only because MTD doesn't have volume automation (yet.... hopefully...)

Sebastian, audiobus is simply amazing! I seriously cannot think of one complaint. I'm hoping to do more recordings with it, I'll definitely let you know if anything arises. In the meantime, I'm singing its praises loudly. You & your team have made making music so much better (and fun) on ios! So thanks for that!

Annie

• awesome track Annie. iOS audio/music production has definitely come a long way.

• I just have to say again how awesome this is. People using our tools to make great music is the reason why we do what we're doing.

• @girlvsworld said:
    Covering Sufjan Stevens. First go with audiobus!

audiobus, thumbjam, jamup pro, multitrackdaw + guitar

wow thansk i listen now

• Beautiful track.
    Music is truly timeless ...

• Wow, you guys are dredging up my past! Brings back that total excitement I had at discovering Audiobus in the App Store and realizing I didn’t have to run a line out from my iPod 2 into my laptop anymore, to record iOS synths...what a long way we’ve come! Still a huge Sufjan Stevens fan too , 7 years later 😀

• @girlvsworld Annie this is great! I’m a huge huge Sufjan fan going back many years and I think you sound great (especially the harmonies)!! I even learned to play all of Carrie and Lowell on my little guild guitar (capo on at least 7th fret or higher of course haha). Love that you even got the horns in there too. Really great, you should be proud.

• @marmakin Aw, thank you so much! I saw the Carrie and Lowell tour and it blew the top of my head off 😀. I love that record and how different he made it sound live, with a full band! There’s a full length version of it on YouTube.

The funniest thing about my cover version is all those drum fills at the end, I remember using an app where you could do fills by drawing circles around a picture of a drum kit on the screen - real drummers probably find it cringey!

p.s. also a fan of Guild guitars. Used a Starfire IV on that recording!

• @girlvsworld and @marmakin. Also a huge fan. First exposed to him with the Illinoise album and of course bought everything after that. He has some interesting collaborations as well.
    Man I’m jealous , would have loved to see the Carrie and Lowell concert. Gets better with every listen.
    Great cover @girlvsworld!

• Holy cats this is an old thread. I don’t think I was a member when you posted it. Staying power. Awesome.

• Wow, you guys are dredging up my past! Brings back that total excitement I had at discovering Audiobus in the App Store and realizing I didn’t have to run a line out from my iPod 2 into my laptop anymore, to record iOS synths...what a long way we’ve come! Still a huge Sufjan Stevens fan too , 7 years later 😀

https://thegadgetwire.com/tencent-gaming-buddy/ https://thegadgetwire.com/tutuapp/ https://thegadgetwire.com/appvalley/

• @girlvsworld @Ben @levan Haha I had no idea how old this thread was when I replied. Wow! I caught the C&L tour too here in Chicago. What a truly amazing performance. That’s so cool you have a guild!! So under appreciated. I’ll never ever sell my little M20. Talk to you all in 7 years! 😂

• Hey @marmakin. I’m in Loves Park (Rockford more or less.) Always been a great live music scene in our area. Hope you’re part of it.

• Thanks @Ben !! Sadly it would be more accurate to say I was than I am. But yeah there has always been a great music scene here. I thought I saw recently in another thread that @MobileMusic was from Chicago/Illinois too. I’m sure there are more of us hidden in this forum too 😂.

• @marmakin said:
    Thanks @Ben !! Sadly it would be more accurate to say I was than I am. But yeah there has always been a great music scene here. I thought I saw recently in another thread that @MobileMusic was from Chicago/Illinois too. I’m sure there are more of us hidden in this forum too 😂.

Yes, I live in Lisle and work in Naperville, IL.