Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW SINGLE: “Outlaw Love” by Lady App-titude + rs2000

edited February 2019 in Creations

I am pleased to announce the release of “Outlaw Love,” a brand new track that was born straight out of this very forum. A collaboration between myself and fellow forum member rs2000, this project began with a Korg Gadget project that he sent to me and I built upon.

As with my previous releases, it’s FREE to listen, but his time out it is available as a digital download on Bandcamp. If you’d like to throw a little something in the tip jar to help keep the music-making lights on, we thank you kindly in advance for your support.

Viewer Discretion Advised: May induce extreme urges to dance! :)

https://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/outlaw-love

Comments

• That was very cool.

• @Holden said:
    That was very cool.

...and fun!
    Hope some of you will enjoy it as much as we do :smiley:

• Very cool!

• I really like this. Nice job

• Now that's my kind of dance music:

Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Average White Band
    Tower of Power
    Rufus
    Steely Dan

Sophisticated Funk. Very nice tribute to an era when jazz players were searching for a cross over to pop and created this style of groove music. It just makes me want to get up. I'm sure the use of a real drum and bass sound is so crucial for me as a drummer.

• This is smokin'. I'm super jealous over here....

• Well done!! Were the funk guitars recorded with real guitars or did you use Gadget? And if Gadget, which Gadget?

• edited February 2019

@Audiojunkie said:
    Well done!! Were the funk guitars recorded with real guitars or did you use Gadget? And if Gadget, which Gadget?

Thx, audiojunkie.. Let’s see, Dublin, Stockholm, Chiangmai, Phoenix, Darwin... probably forgetting something.. I played the guitar. Guitar was the first thing I added when I got the Gadget tracks.

• @Holden said:
    That was very cool.

Thanks, Holden!

• @ALB said:
    Very cool!

Thx, ALB!

• @robertreynolds said:
    I really like this. Nice job

Thanks, robertreynolds!

• @McD said:
    Now that's my kind of dance music:

Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Average White Band
    Tower of Power
    Rufus
    Steely Dan

Sophisticated Funk. Very nice tribute to an era when jazz players were searching for a cross over to pop and created this style of groove music. It just makes me want to get up. I'm sure the use of a real drum and bass sound is so crucial for me as a drummer.

Thanks, McD! Definitely some quality time spent listening to those records in my time.

• @Daveypoo said:
    This is smokin'. I'm super jealous over here....

Thanks, Daveypoo!

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    Well done!! Were the funk guitars recorded with real guitars or did you use Gadget? And if Gadget, which Gadget?

Thx, audiojunkie.. Let’s see, Dublin, Stockholm, Chiangmai, Phoenix, Darwin... probably forgetting something.. I played the guitar.

Ah! You played the guitar and recorded it! That makes sense. I couldn’t think of any gadget with guitar samples that could play chords with strummed down strokes and up strokes so well. I was wondering if it was played live. Thanks for clearing that up!! Again, very well done!! B)

• edited February 2019

@0__O__3 said:
    snip of weird statue

Um, Thanks (?), 0_O_3! Not sure what it is, but definitely points for the weirdest comment ever! :D

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@0__O__3 said:
    snip of weird statue

Um, Thanks (?), 0_O_3! Not sure what it is, but definitely points for the weirdest comment ever! :D

Lol! Y’alls track reminded me of Quincy Jones’ The Dude. Nice track!

• @McD said:

Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Average White Band
    Tower of Power
    Rufus
    Steely Dan

You totally beat me to these references. I think we were listening to the radio at the same time.
    Ridiculously funky @Lady_App_titude. It’s what we’ve come to expect from you. You set the bar high.

• @0__O__3 said:
    Lol! Y’alls track reminded me of Quincy Jones’ The Dude. Nice track!

This is what's wonderful about the interwebs:

A week ago or so I was watching some YouTuber run down his top bassists of the '80s, and he was dropping album titles I hadn't heard, so about an hour later I'm scouring the internet to hear these bad boys. One of the albums referenced was Quincy Jones' "The Dude". I've heard a fair amount of Quincy's 70's stuff, but nothing later so I downloaded it and immediately was struck by the cover.

I saw the pic above and was struck by the attitude of the statue and while it fit the track, I hadn't put 2 & 2 together.

Now the planets have aligned.

The best part is the story. Who can say they were hanging out with Henry Mancini one afternoon?!?!?! Well, apparently Quincy Jones can.

• 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• edited February 2019

@McD said:

Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Average White Band
    Tower of Power
    Rufus
    Steely Dan

Yes, all of them 😍
    Add Quincy Jones, George Duke, Victor Wooten, lots of stuff Greg Phillinganes did and all the others I usually forget to mention ;)

Thank you. What could a song do better than motivate you? :smiley:
    The bass track here is just two instances of the built-in Dublin monosynth. Drums come out of Stockholm, with some help of Recife. Stockholm is by far my most used IAP in Gadget. Pads from Phoenix, assisting background chords from Chiangmai...
    @Lady_App_titude then added a lot of instrumentation outside of Gadget.

I must say I'm still impressed with Gadget, even with its quirks and limitations. I recently did a test song with over 100 instances of Chiangmai (to get over the 2x2 Operator FM limitation) and Gadget just played them all without hiccups (iPad 2018).

• Awesome! I like it a lot, great track!
    Can I ask you where the sax comes from?

• Very nice and funky!
    😊👍

• @Mickaël said:
    Awesome! I like it a lot, great track!

I was just going to ask the same thing about that sax sound. :smile:
    Great track with a nice fresh funky sound. Love it!

• Awesome track! Great result of collaboration. How long did it take to make? And yes, where did that sax come from? Some incredible talent on this here forum.

• @Mickaël said:

The Sax is from a commercial loop libary, custom-cut to pieces :)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Awesome track! Great result of collaboration. How long did it take to make? And yes, where did that sax come from? Some incredible talent on this here forum.

Not too long actually. I've sent her my composition on January 20th, expecting nothing and this is how everything evolved.
    The Lady does have some serious talent, no doubt!!!

• @rs2000 said:

@Mickaël said:

The Sax is from a commercial loop libary, custom-cut to pieces :)

Thank you very much for the answer!
    :)

• fun kayyyyy !!