Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New (IOS) Performance Vid from FLEKSI #freebeer

edited February 2019 in Creations

Hi all, just letting you know that I've uploaded this on my channel.

I'm planning to start making this regularly and they should get better as I go.

Sorry about the blur. I have a less blurry take but this one is almost uncut.

Feedback welcome as always and do subscribe if you want to hear how this develops.

Gear used:

IPad Air 2

Loopy HD, Samplr, Turnado (on everything!) hosted in Audiobus 3 (yeah!)

Novation Circuit

Korg NanoKontrol 1, Arturia Beatstep, Keith McMillen Soft (knob) Step.

Akai EIE audio interface.

Zoom G3NX guitar multieffect.

Comments

• oh yeah! I like the new synths. and I may have unsubscribed just so I could click "subscribe" again :wink:

• That's a great integration of electricguitar and electronics.
    Nicely done.

• edited February 2019

@Hmtx said:
    oh yeah! I like the new synths. and I may have unsubscribed just so I could click "subscribe" again :wink:

Haha, thanks. I almost never check the total but the new sub notification always tickles my ego!

... other than motivating. ;)

• Would not load. Disappointed!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Would not load. Disappointed!

Mmmm, it does play ok on all of my screens. Could be that the file is rather large (I've uploaded 400Mb!).

I'll see if I can improve that with future videos. Sorry

• Looks like it's being limited to YouTube viewing only.

• BenBen
    edited February 2019

I’m getting the same thing @supadom. “Video unavailable “
    Nvm. Just tapping watch on You Tube takes you right to it. Good work brother. It’s all good but I’m especially fond of the mildly distorted vocal. You’re a groove machine.

• @supadom Good to see you sickeningly healthy and thin-looking and back in the raw-edge groove! Like this long live album cut, but also want to hear what the tight 2.50 version comes out like....subscribed.

• Awesome (as usual)!
    I can almost hear the knobs...

• @JeffChasteen said:
    That's a great integration of electricguitar and electronics.
    Nicely done.

Thanks, I’ve spent ages to get sounds that not fall into ‘classic distortion’ category. The spring reverb soaked sound works surprisingly pretty well though. Well, I like it ;)

• edited February 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Would not load. Disappointed!

I've just re-enabled embedding. I've originally disabled it because I thought it was smart for people to go to youtube for view counts and ease to subscribe but to be honest with these viewing numbers it doesn't really matter. Should work now, not that it is worth it for all the blur ;)

• @Ben said:
    I’m getting the same thing @supadom. “Video unavailable “
    Nvm. Just tapping watch on You Tube takes you right to it. Good work brother. It’s all good but I’m especially fond of the mildly distorted vocal. You’re a groove machine.

Yup, silly me disabling embedding. Tim Webb at Dischord has feature some of my vids in the past but I guess not this one, anymore.

Yeah, thanks god for the distortion. Turnado is actually quite a good vocal effect. Needs dialing in but with all the effects available it is pretty effective and can be pretty dynamic with a bit of time spent programming.

• Awesome, right up my street... :)

• Mmm, I’m not sure what part of the world thin looking is a sign of health ;). It’s funny, there’s micro moments in the video where I just stare at those machines trying to work out what to do next. Old brain etc...

You’re right though, I should definitely cut the crap and make it more concise. Maybe not under 3 mins but definitely under 4 should be short, snappy and effective. My thinking is that in what I do there generally should be structured first 2/4ths and the last 1/4th of the arrangement with the middle bit streatchable depending on the situation. It’s easier to remember and one can go nuts if required.

I need to learn to release videos when they’re ready though, and not because I have itchy hands and release the first half decent take I have. One never stops learning.

• Yeah, my clever tactic to lure people to YouTube has backfired. It is great for subs (maybe), but if someone (or myself) wanted to embed it on a website or whatever a blue link doesn’t look as good as a screenshot. Lesson learned ;)

• Haha, yeah. What you can’t see is my brain trying to work out which knob does what. Still need to internalise this MF.

• I need that t shirt in my life

• good stuff!

• Damn good, keep it up!

• edited March 2019

You didnt let nobody down there...That was a good one! Great vid!

• @enc said:
    I need that t shirt in my life

Mine is slowly falling apart. I need to limit myself to wearing it only on special occasions like this one!

• @stemshade said:
    good stuff!

Cheers, this wasn’t the best take but I liked the feel on it more than others. Working with a few drummers at the moment. More stuff in the pipeline.

• @Metalman said:
    Damn good, keep it up!

Cheers man, sorry for the delay replying. With the new Vanila I’m not getting any notifications.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    You didnt let nobody down there...That was a good one! Great vid!

Haha, cheers. Lyrics currently changed to ‘never gonna let you down’. I feel I was working through some momentary angst. All good now. ;)

• @supadom said:

@Hmtx said:
    oh yeah! I like the new synths. and I may have unsubscribed just so I could click "subscribe" again :wink:

Haha, thanks. I almost never check the total but the new sub notification always tickles my ego!

Fucking fantastic!

Great Job!

Good for you!

What is BPM?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

@Hmtx said:

Fucking fantastic!

Great Job!

Good for you!

What is BPM?

The good old 152. This tune has grown since.