Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StepPolyArp (x4) in AUM = Full pattern with one key press.

As requested on another thread, this is a visual/aural proof of concept for using multiple instances of SPAU in AUM to sequence a full pattern.

The only real world use to this other than using a proper sequencer is 1) fun. 2) Instantly audition a transposition.

Anyway, here's the vid.

Oh yeah, audio kicks in around 0:27 with single key presses.

At 1:15 I hit play in AUM and that's when it plays itself including Ruismaker drums.

Comments

• Nicely done. Thx for letting us in on your process.

• very inspiring!

• edited February 2019

+1 to what those other two said!

• Well done that man and it IS inspiring because now I have to wander off to replicate at least a little. I suspect this might the perfect method to update the Mary Tyler Moore theme with...

• thanks for this :)

i Love these recipes for Joy

here's a simple one that always pleases me ...

• @simonnowis said:
    thanks for this :)

i Love these recipes for Joy

here's a simple one that always pleases me ...

Can confirm the joy. :)

• edited February 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well done that man and it IS inspiring because now I have to wander off to replicate at least a little. I suspect this might the perfect method to update the Mary Tyler Moore theme with...

I've wrapped the AUM project into an AB3 preset.

I'm using Beta versions of both AUM & AB3 so I'm hoping this works. Just open the keyboard in AUM once loaded and hit a key in either Octave 3 or 4.

Should be able to swop out for similar apps if any of these not owned. Apps used... Viking (Bass), Tines (Chords), Zeeon (Lead), Mersenne(Arp), Ruismaker (Drums).

http://preset.audiob.us/5lcXT0UGYx6Urnx

• In case any app needs reloading, below is the routing matrix.

• This pleases me greatly. I must admit I've kind of wandered off to Ableton for my more complex midi experiments. I'd make more videos but I'm not sure people on this forum would like non-ios content :/

• @SpookyZoo very generous Sir. Thank you.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well done that man and it IS inspiring because now I have to wander off to replicate at least a little. I suspect this might the perfect method to update the Mary Tyler Moore theme with...

I've wrapped the AUM project into an AB3 preset.

I'm using Beta versions of both AUM & AB3 so I'm hoping this works. Just open the keyboard in AUM once loaded and hit a key in either Octave 3 or 4.

Should be able to swop out for similar apps if any of these not owned. Apps used... Viking (Bass), Tines (Chords), Zeeon (Lead), Mersenne(Arp), Ruismaker (Drums).

http://preset.audiob.us/5lcXT0UGYx6Urnx

Holy effing eff, thank you for this!

• This is great!!!
    Never thought of this before but now I'm like... Why am I not doing this with my life haha..
    Realistically you could create full tracks by having spa switch patterns at the end of each pattern, unfolding single key press mega tracks hehe
    Well done

• Wow. Awesome. Thanks for sharing! Was really inspiring man! 👍🏼

• I just set up a similar session and my mind is literally blown rn

• Good stuff. Glad you guys having fun with it!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Good stuff. Glad you guys having fun with it!

Love this kind of stuff!

@reasOne said:
    This is great!!!
    Never thought of this before but now I'm like... Why am I not doing this with my life haha..
    Realistically you could create full tracks by having spa switch patterns at the end of each pattern, unfolding single key press mega tracks hehe
    Well done

Or put a fifth SPA in front of everything and have it modulate the others automatically.
    Or take the output of one of the slower SPA "tracks" and feed that back into the input of fifth version.
    Or route that slow output through some probability gate (midiFILTr-PG) or sequence switch (Polythemus) first.
    Or have that trigger Senode or Quantum steps (with probability) that then goes to the fifth SPA.
    Or....

• Can you have an instance of SPA lay in waiting and then only start once a certain event happens ?and if so would that be best done via midi within AUM or via midi learn from within audiobus? Or how?

• @SpookyZoo To the slower among us (right here Nurse) being able to see the session layed out and running in AUM is a huge thing. Really very helpful.....thanks-a-bunch-again.....

• @aplourde said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Good stuff. Glad you guys having fun with it!

Love this kind of stuff!

@reasOne said:
    This is great!!!
    Well done

Or put a fifth SPA in front of everything and have it modulate the others automatically.
    Or take the output of one of the slower SPA "tracks" and feed that back into the input of fifth version.
    Or route that slow output through some probability gate (midiFILTr-PG) or sequence switch (Polythemus) first.
    Or have that trigger Senode or Quantum steps (with probability) that then goes to the fifth SPA.
    Or....

Oh man it's endless!!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SpookyZoo To the slower among us (right here Nurse) being able to see the session layed out and running in AUM is a huge thing. Really very helpful.....thanks-a-bunch-again.....

Cool, thanks @JohnnyGoodyear

Yeah, I'm definitely more of a visual learner myself.

I've got a bunch of stuff that I'll hopefully turn into vids throughout the year. It's mainly midi stuff. Brings out the Nerd! :)

• @Breezee said:
    Can you have an instance of SPA lay in waiting and then only start once a certain event happens ?and if so would that be best done via midi within AUM or via midi learn from within audiobus? Or how?

Any thoughts?

• Nice demo :)
    I've also been doing similar things with SPA, triggering other instances and triggering Rozeta patterns etc.
    I asked Laurent if he'd consider allowing naming of patterns, which could make this type of workflow easier and he seemed to like the idea, so hopefully he'll put that option in one day....

• @Breezee said:

@Breezee said:
    Can you have an instance of SPA lay in waiting and then only start once a certain event happens ?and if so would that be best done via midi within AUM or via midi learn from within audiobus? Or how?

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure. You can use Program Change to change patterns. However I did see some mention on another thread that there may be an issue with the way that works.

Hoping to do some more experimenting at the weekend, so I'll report back on any success.

• Thanks all for the nice feedback too. Cheers!

• On request I've trimmed the video down to 58 seconds for Instagram.

Added some of the basic details above into captions while I was there.

• @giku_beepstreet

My last Zeeon bump.

Besides the bugs I’ve highlighted. I do love the app! :)

• thanks @SpookyZoo - got my mind all stirred up with ideas :)

• @Mayo said:
    thanks @SpookyZoo - got my mind all stirred up with ideas :)

Cool! :)

• You might like this:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34004/dynamic-scale-key-xeq-sb-spau-ns2#latest

I can explain a bit more if you’re interested