Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studio subwoofer

Anybody using a sub in your studio setup? I have an extra sub now and thought I'd try it out but I'm not exactly sure how to hook it up. I have several interfaces and a mackie mixer. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I use subpac m2?

• It’s critical that the sub is aware of your studio monitors and vice versa. Crossovers and high pass filter frequencies must be in agreement. That is if you’re looking to use it for mixing. If you’re just wanting it to jam around with for fun then you could just send a mono out from the interface or mixer.

• Have always wanted a decent sub but spent all my cash on my speakers. Maybe I should make a couple of bucket subs.

• Placement is everything with a sub, otherwise you're making things a lot more difficult for yourself instead of easier. You want to just barely hear it it usually, it should be more or reinforce the lows than to make them louder per se.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    I use subpac m2?

Thanks, that thing is wild. Not sure I need the bass that much. 🧐

@brice said:
    It’s critical that the sub is aware of your studio monitors and vice versa. Crossovers and high pass filter frequencies must be in agreement. That is if you’re looking to use it for mixing. If you’re just wanting it to jam around with for fun then you could just send a mono out from the interface or mixer.

Yeah I just wanted it more for listening, playing blocs wave, and I bassist so I can jam along. It sounds pretty good.

@gusgranite said:
    Have always wanted a decent sub but spent all my cash on my speakers. Maybe I should make a couple of bucket subs.

I'm not sure what those are but sounds like a fun project..

@Tarekith said:
    Placement is everything with a sub, otherwise you're making things a lot more difficult for yourself instead of easier. You want to just barely hear it it usually, it should be more or reinforce the lows than to make them louder per se.

Thanks Tarekith, I'm keeping it subtle other wise all my guitars start coming alive

• what do you think of the sub pack? does it like up to the hype? they seem like they would > @MrSmileZ said:

I use subpac m2?

• Hmmm the bucket sub project does seem interesting for making me some outdoor site subs for shows etc if they are good ...if they aren’t, it would be okay just for something to do this summer for fun! Ty for the link etc!

• @eross said:
    what do you think of the sub pack? does it like up to the hype? they seem like they would > @MrSmileZ said:

I use subpac m2?

Having meneir’s disease, the subpac has allowed me to continue mixing where as I wouldn’t be able to so well without it. So I love it.

• @gusgranite said:
    Have always wanted a decent sub but spent all my cash on my speakers. Maybe I should make a couple of bucket subs.

And rightly so!
    I've gone back and forth with all kinds of Hi-Fi and studio speaker setups, some with and some without subwoofers, and with today's quality speakers that you can get for relatively low money, I don't see any advantage of subs anymore, at least not for authentic sound reproduction.
    Adding a sub for fun and to "feel the bass" is another story of course :wink:

• Lotta bang for your buck with the KRK Sub. I’m not a fan of the monitors, but that sub is banging, & accurate. They are tiny tanks too, hunt down a used one and you’ve got yourself a deal $/lb.

• Do yourself a favour and don’t bother. It’s a can of worms.

• Another vote for Subpac M2X here....so glad I went this route instead of getting a Sub.

Pros

Very accurate bass response from 1 - 200 hz.This is definitely not a simple rumble pack. Translates the tone as well as the frequency of the bass.

I can easily feel conflicts in the low end and make relevant mix adjustments.

I don't have to worry about room treatment and standing waves and , paired with a decent set of cans, I have a full range monitoring system that I can take anywhere without disturbing anyone. For those of you that like creating and performing in the wilds of nature there's nothing more immersive and involving than the experience it delivers .

The battery lasts for hours and hours

Plus low frequency waves delivered directly to the body are remarkably beneficial to your health and mood. Seriously .....

Cons

You'll need another one or two if you want to share the experience simultaneously with friends / clients

I've now inducted three producer friends in the ways of the subpac....and that's three more sales for the company.

I can't recommend it enough to anyone that enjoys producing and / or listening to bass music especially if you have a small or untreated room and unsympathetic neighbours.

No affiliation to Subpac... just an enthusiastic user. :-)

• I'd stay away from subs for mixing and composing, but for listening I really value the warm woolly carpet of low frequencies provided by a decent sub :)