Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopfield 1.1 released

Loopfield 1.1 has been released yesterday. It’s a big update that brings Audiobus support among other things. It means that the app is not limited to field recording anymore, but can also be used to create loops out of any other source supporting Audiobus.

The complete list of improvements in version 1.1 :

• Audiobus / IAA support
  • Improved UI
  • Adjustable size of the generated loop (4 beats / 8 beats / 16 beats)
  • Horizontal orientation support
  • Various bugfixes

Comments

• Great! looking forward to trying it out

• Looks pretty slick.
    I like the concept.
    B)

• Was already a great app - the update takes it to a new level. The AB is most welcome.

• Excellent!

• tjatja
    edited February 2019

I know, I constantly repeat this, please forgive me...

But why do so many people reporting or recommending an App just don't post a link to that App in the App Store?

I realy don't understand this behavior.

In any case, a link would not only be helpful, but is even crucial.

I hate trying to search things in the Apps Store, as often you get loads of wrong Apps.
    Also, this burdens the search onto every and any other person who may be interested, multiplying the time spend.

That's somehow like advertising for a car, but forgetting to write or say the name of both car model and vendor. A bit at least :) :D

Sorry, could not hold myself.

• @tja said:

But why do so many people reporting or recommending an App just don't post a link to that App in the App Store?

I hate trying to search things in the Apps Store, as often you get loads of wrong Apps.
    Also, this burdens the search onto every and any other person who may be interested, multiplying the time spend.

That's somehow like advertising for a car, but forgetting to write or say the name of both car model and vendor. A bit at least :) :D

There was your chance to post a link.

Tut.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@tja said:

There was your chance to post a link.

Tut.

That would be a time consuming job ;)

I'm realy interested in why so many people just don't do it, even if they have an interest in distributing the information.

• edited February 2019

Literally took me 4 seconds to find it in the store.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/loopfield/id1325132148?mt=8

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Literally took me 4 seconds to find it in the store.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/loopfield/id1325132148?mt=8

If that was pointed at my "time consuming job", it was meant as "for all those topics that don't post such a link", which is the case in many topics and for many Apps.

I'm still curious what drives people to forgo such a link...

• Took me 3.5 seconds to find it on the app store, but I have been practicing too.

• edited February 2019

So what does the AB3 support look like? Animoog, say, as the audio sender and Loopfield receiving? That’s interesting.

• @tja just be the person that posts the link.

• edited February 2019

Oh nice! I didn’t get a chance to test the latest version much, but just had a quick play and it’s working well in the AUM fx slot.

And, I really like the simplicity and sound of LoopField’s granular fx, etc.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    So what does the AB3 support look like? Animoog, say, as the audio sender and Loopfield receiving? That’s interesting.

Have not tired Animoog but Blocs Wave in AB input slot and Loopfield in output slot works very well.

• Have to ask the obvious question; does it bring anything to the party that our friends like Loopy don't already?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have to ask the obvious question; does it bring anything to the party that our friends like Loopy don't already?

A good question indeed. For me, this app brings an immediate musical immediacy to almost any recorded content. Record, freeze, modify effects, add drum loop, remodify effects, export. I run it in airports, in the car and while sitting on the couch watching tv. If you’re into anything with a driving beat, its an incredibly under-rated dark horse because it allows you to break free of convention with strangely compelling organic content. I purchased a new portable field recording microphone simply for this app. That’s how much I like it but I hope I haven’t set the bar too high either. Cheers, RR

• @tja said:
    why do so many people reporting or recommending an App just don't post a link to that App in the App Store?

I agree.

I always want to see the price and features in the store before seeing any other comments. Let's give Karma points to anyone that puts up that link! When they do it's usually the Swedish iTunes store most likely due to times zones. I just wish I could convert Krona (kr?) to US $ faster. Currently it's 9.13110 to 1.

But those Swede's are racking up all the Karma points for helpfulness.

• @robertreynolds said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have to ask the obvious question; does it bring anything to the party that our friends like Loopy don't already?

A good question indeed. For me, this app brings an immediate musical immediacy to almost any recorded content. Record, freeze, modify effects, add drum loop, remodify effects, export. I run it in airports, in the car and while sitting on the couch watching tv. If you’re into anything with a driving beat, its an incredibly under-rated dark horse because it allows you to break free of convention with strangely compelling organic content. I purchased a new portable field recording microphone simply for this app. That’s how much I like it but I hope I haven’t set the bar too high either. Cheers, RR

Appreciate this. Sold.

• "Immediate musical immediacy". 'nuff said.

• Yep, I picked it up this morning and left it running in one ear while watching YouTube. It made Shut Up and Sit Down much more enjoyable, and I like those guys to begin with

• Only in portrait mode?

• @FlightManual said:
    Only in portrait mode?

It does landscape mode, on iPad at least.

2 features that would make this cool recorder app even better for me are host sync and slide over mode.

• edited February 2019

@robertreynolds said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I bought this and really love the simplicity and results. Regarding your comment on the field mic: I already have a Tascam DR-22WL. I'm on ipad. I don't know if i should look for a simple interface solution, if one exists, to use my Tascam's mics? Or make a purchase similar to yours with a field recording mic, which i probably still need to interface it somehow?
    I'm on ipad mini2 and i already have a lightning to usb.
    Thanks for any input.

• @gusgranite said:
    @tja just be the person that posts the link.

:+1:

• How does this export? Perfect loops?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    How does this export? Perfect loops?

Perfect loops with the occasional click at the loop around point - export is one at a time using “open in” - bulk export would be cool

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@robertreynolds said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I bought this and really love the simplicity and results. Regarding your comment on the field mic: I already have a Tascam DR-22WL. I'm on ipad. I don't know if i should look for a simple interface solution, if one exists, to use my Tascam's mics? Or make a purchase similar to yours with a field recording mic, which i probably still need to interface it somehow?
    Thanks for any input.

If I were you, I’d definitely go with a mic that connects into the lightning port. It makes recording super straight forward and very portable. BUT...make sure you pick the right solution.

I have an irig mic field recorder that isn’t great quality but which has an unanticipated benefit that it not only plugs into the lightning port but that it allows you to monitor the input via a separate headphone jack. It means I can use it not only on my iPad but my iPhone X which doesn’t have a headphone port.

I also have a Shure MV88 which I pretty much bought to use with my iPhone X but which doesn’t allow me to monitor the input. Means I have to use Bluetooth to monitor. The Shure, however, sounds amazing.

It’s up to you, but I’d definitely avoid an audio interface. You want to use this app on the streets, in restaurants, or wherever there are interesting sounds.

• @robertreynolds said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@robertreynolds said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks for any input.

If I were you, I’d definitely go with a mic that connects into the lightning port. It makes recording super straight forward and very portable. BUT...make sure you pick the right solution.

I have an irig mic field recorder that isn’t great quality but which has an unanticipated benefit that it not only plugs into the lightning port but that it allows you to monitor the input via a separate headphone jack. It means I can use it not only on my iPad but my iPhone X which doesn’t have a headphone port.

I also have a Shure MV88 which I pretty much bought to use with my iPhone X but which doesn’t allow me to monitor the input. Means I have to use Bluetooth to monitor. The Shure, however, sounds amazing.

It’s up to you, but I’d definitely avoid an audio interface. You want to use this app on the streets, in restaurants, or wherever there are interesting sounds.

Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it.
    I was very pleased to discover tonight that I can have AudioShare feed into Loopfield via Audiobus. It's nice because all the field recordings on my Tascam I have tranfered to my ipad via wifi. They're edited and saved in AudioShare. It's also nice that AS files can loop when played back. This will keep me content until I purchase another mic.