Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What we need in 2019 from iOS music app developers │ haQ attaQ

What music apps do we need from iOS music developers from 2019? I did do a similar video back in 2018 in where I talked about my music app wish list. I also asked you viewers what you wished for and wow, the amount of comments and thorough explanations on why you wanted certain apps or features, where truly staggering and amazing to read! Now it turns out that we did actually get a few of those wishes and so Im hoping it'll happen again this year. Let's tell music app devs what we want, need and wish for this year.

haqattaq

Comments

• AUM to be able to record directly to loopy and other such apps !

• Variaudio put into Cubasis this year(which they could also make universal in the same update!) And they could do it this afternoon- wait I’m asking too much

• We don't need iOS elektron-like samplers... we need just elektron iOS sampler directly :lol:

I asked @jmarshallgtl about AUv3 version from GTL and it will gonna happen in some moment... even I more focused into monolithic apps anyways...

I think I just need Musical bloc updates, Graageband updates and Stagelight updates.
    It will be cool Ampify apps getting some updates like midi learn or something like that but probably will never happen...

Modstep audio clips going alive?
    I have most of the things I need and my wishlist is more focused in dedicated hardware on an on...

• edited February 2019

@jakoB_haQ again great video, you're my personal king of vloggers :-) I Iike how you are still trying to work on yourself and improve your videos - i wish you many many supporters. !

a just wish that all plugins with issues in sample rate and buffer size handling would fix these prpblems, so their plugins will be useable also on different realtime / mixdown sampleratea than native ios ... There is lot of them :(

That's all what i wish for 2019...

And FabFilter Saturn AUv3 !!!! :lol:
    And lot of cool Haq Attaq videos !!!

So 3 things. Ehm.

• Midi out in gadget ... :D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2019

Who cares about samplers?? (ok, I know a lot do, but I try to not use samples much, and isn't it all about me? :D )

Effects: What I'd really love are more quality reverbs, like Valhalla Vintage and Shimmer, or even Eventide Black Hole and SP2600 (or whatever it is - I've heard it but don't have it). Sound Toys for iOs would be insane. I think the "shimmer" style reverb is decidedly lacking overall on iOS. We have a good reverb, in Eos (which I own), but there's others out there I've heard/used on a PC, as listed above that have different character. Also, more universal EQs and compressors - maybe "character" ones, though those tend to be harder to develop and therefore have to be more $$.

Synths: I just bought U-He Diva, Hive and Repro on the PC (AMAZING!!). We have enough Moog or Moog-style emulations on iOS... I'd love to get a Prophet-style emulation as well. And Juno. They don't have to be a direct copy or by the companies themselves.

Most of all, it's 2019, so ALL NEW APPS IN DEVELOPMENT SHOULD BE UNIVERSAL FOR iOS!

• New KORG Gadgets from Reason:
    1. NN-XT plus sample start and loop position automation
    2. KONG including enhanced acoustic drum models

Beatmaker 3 effects and MIDI Clock Sync in Nanostudio 2.

No more details required B)

• T4HT4H
    edited February 2019

@d4d0ug said:
    NS2 - audio tracks, timestretch, midi auv3 record obvs
    BM3 - stability, enhanced workflow, midi auv3 record
    Modstep2

I agree with Jacob - an AUv3 sampler (basically everything the sampler part of bm3 can do in an AUv3) would be brilliant.

What I don’t need are any more synth AUv3s. Personally don’t care for iPhone versions or universality of apps, but I know there are fans of such things.

I’m especially looking forward to Enso (AUv3 looper) from Audiodamage - this fills a a gap.

All of this. And Waves to port over its Mercury/Abbey Road/Studio Classics bundles. Valhalla. Soundtoys. Native Instruments getting on the iOS train seriously in Auv3 would be nice. And Auto-Tune EFX in Auv3. 😉

• @dendy said:
    And FabFilter Saturn AUv3 !!!! :lol:

plus Timeless
    plus Volcano

plus Undo in Reason Compact
    plus D1 AU

• Alrighty. I will post this for the sixth (?) time.

• AUDIO looper clip launcher that is rock solid for live use. with smooth overdubbing and resampling, and LFO driven Loop slicing.

• Drum machines: to echo what was said in the video, more of them. AND, every single drum machine should be able to export patterns as MIDI. Especially the Lumbeat ones that you pay $20 a piece for. But, really, all of them. It encourages people to use them as scratch pads even if they ultimately end up using different sounds - more usefulness = more use.

• Guitar strumming app

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Drum machines: to echo what was said in the video, more of them. AND, every single drum machine should be able to export patterns as MIDI. Especially the Lumbeat ones that you pay $20 a piece for. But, really, all of them. It encourages people to use them as scratch pads even if they ultimately end up using different sounds - more usefulness = more use.

Definitely +1. Which ios drum machines currently allow exporting patterns as MIDI?

• edited February 2019

@AudioGus said:
    Alrighty. I will post this for the sixth (?) time.

that looks pretty cool - different waveform view, adjusting wave to gain and that split by silence - :heart:

• I want iWavestation and Mitosynth as AUv3 and like Jakob, sub-groups in Cubasis...

• edited February 2019

To be honest I'm pretty happy with what we have. A proper sampler would be good, editable guitar fx/amp would be also great. What I wish for (probably not this year, but hopefully in the future) is support for multicore in DAWs, hosts. The hardware is there now, but it's a shame that we can access only fraction of it, and I just can't see myself spending over £1000 for 15-20% boosts, when on paper it's way more powerful. I pledge my support towards devs who would push/help apple to get there.

• @Telstar5 Guitarism? JamMaestro?

• edited February 2019

@recccp said:
    ) is support for multicore in DAWs, hosts.

wait.. why do you think that host app runs just on single core ??

that was exactly the main issue on iOS 12 on new ipads pro - apps were running on low power cores (2), they fixed it to run on high performance cores at least to my knowledge

• Connect mine SONY PCM M1 or any other hand/field-recorder to the IPad to transfer files.
    Please I am begging you ........

• @dendy said:

@recccp said:
    ) is support for multicore in DAWs, hosts.

wait.. why do you think that host app runs just on single core ??

that was exactly the main issue on iOS 12 on new ipads pro - apps were running on low power cores (2), they fixed it to run on high performance cores at least to my knowledge

Happy to be proven wrong. But most of the user feedbacks, performance tests show that actual performance boost is pretty much identical to single core performance boost between generations. If you have any insider knowledge from dev of how NS2 handles multiple cores, please share :)

• f you have any insider knowledge from dev of how NS2 handles multiple cores, please share

ok, will ask and let you know

• Aw Yeah, so many comments! Keep bringing it everyone! :blush:

• edited February 2019

As many other fellow members are pointing out some critical music apps that we need, in order to provide a different point of view, I'll take off my musician's hat for a moment and put on my sound engineer's hat:

We desperately need:

Mixing and Mastering AU plugins
    -A vintage compressor like the CLA-2A (just to name one)
    -A good limiter like FabFilter L2 with LUFS metering (it’s not possible to seriously master anything nowadays without being able to measure -14 LUFS (as an example) for Spotify, Youtube, etc.
    -An SSL channel strip for using in AUM, etc
    -An Aural Exciter, mainly for vocals
    -FabFilter Saturn (desperately need it!)

FX plugins
    -All FabFilters plugins :-)
    -A decent Autotune (I guess that asking for Melodyne is maybe too much for IOS yet...)

A serious and complete DAW
    -I strongly agree with the mentioned addition of subgroups to Cubasis
    -Better sends and auxes implementation in Cubasis
    -Advanced audio editing (transient markers, crossfades, etc) in Cubasis
    -Detailed channel metering in Cubasis
    -Audio channels in NS2, and some critical MIDI fixes (then it could be a serious contender)
    -All promised missing features in StageLight (already in their roadmap acording to devs)

That’s all I’d like for 2019.
    😎

• I would like to see more sequencer/DAW type apps that can do tempo changes (especially if it’s implemented like how you can specify different bpm for each scene/row of clips in Ableton Live’s session view). Particularly for apps like Launchpad, BM3, and Stagelight.

• Bitwig for ios. (You know you want it! 😄) And after Zebra 3 is released, the porting of the great U-he synths to ios. Logically probably Hive first. I’m guessing the new iPads can now handle it.

• @haulin_notes

But price sentiment of ios users cannot handle it.. :(

Do you think that Biwig is interested in selling their app for 40€ on iOS ? Or U-he is interested to sell Hive for 15€ ?

Pricing sentiment of ios users is biggest issue which holds back big desktop players ... until people will complain for few euros bigger price, i don't see bright future :(

• @Rodolfo said:
    As many other fellow members are pointing out some critical music apps that we need, in order to provide a different point of view, I'll take off my musician's hat for a moment and put on my sound engineer's hat:

We desperately need:

Mixing and Mastering AU plugins
    -A vintage compressor like the CLA-2A (just to name one)
    -A good limiter like FabFilter L2 with LUFS metering (it’s not possible to seriously master anything nowadays without being able to measure -14 LUFS (as an example) for Spotify, Youtube, etc.
    -An SSL channel strip for using in AUM, etc
    -An Aural Exciter, mainly for vocals
    -FabFilter Saturn (desperately need it!)

FX plugins
    -All FabFilters plugins :-)
    -A decent Autotune (I guess that asking for Melodyne is maybe too much for IOS yet...)

A serious and complete DAW
    -I strongly agree with the mentioned addition of subgroups to Cubasis
    -Better sends and auxes implementation in Cubasis
    -Advanced audio editing (transient markers, crossfades, etc) in Cubasis
    -Detailed channel metering in Cubasis
    -Audio channels in NS2, and some critical MIDI fixes (then it could be a serious contender)
    -All promised missing features in StageLight (already in their roadmap acording to devs)

That’s all I’d like for 2019.
    😎

A double + + on the Cubasis features..let’s hope they implement at least one of these features.

• if we want pro apps,we should be ready to pay “pro money “ as long as the apps do what they are meant to do without continuous crashing.
    I’d love for sugar bytes to make Effectrix AUv3.
    Or if someone could make something similar to Gross Beat.
    Cubasis better FileManager (plus drag and drop from files app).
    Be able to move events freely on timeline in Cubasis ( sometimes it’s impossible to get transients on a Grid).
    Virsyn to make AudioLayer more stable, plus time stretching and chopping samples.
    D1 AUv3, with option to load own samples 🔥