Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopfield : a loop generator based on field recording

124»

Comments

  • @anickt said:

    @Mayo said:
    4 bars?
    a small and extremely limited world to play in...

    Orson Welles once said that absence of limitations was the enemy of art.

    He did. And he has a point of course, but I would very much like his thoughts on that whole matter now (in terms of being able to survey his life and come to some conclusions).

    @MonzoPro I believe the loop length was extended, did you ever get on this one?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @anickt said:

    @Mayo said:
    4 bars?
    a small and extremely limited world to play in...

    Orson Welles once said that absence of limitations was the enemy of art.

    He did. And he has a point of course, but I would very much like his thoughts on that whole matter now (in terms of being able to survey his life and come to some conclusions).

    @MonzoPro I believe the loop length was extended, did you ever get on this one?

    The last update notes were a bit ambiguous. Are these added in this recent update, or coming in future?

  • @SpookyZoo said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @anickt said:

    @Mayo said:
    4 bars?
    a small and extremely limited world to play in...

    Orson Welles once said that absence of limitations was the enemy of art.

    He did. And he has a point of course, but I would very much like his thoughts on that whole matter now (in terms of being able to survey his life and come to some conclusions).

    @MonzoPro I believe the loop length was extended, did you ever get on this one?

    The last update notes were a bit ambiguous. Are these added in this recent update, or coming in future?

    Def 16 beats and iPad landscape now.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    Def 16 beats and iPad landscape now.

    Good to know, cheers.

  • Dang. iOS 11 only. Hanging onto iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 for as long as I can.

    The update looks awesome.

  • @syrupcore said:
    Dang. iOS 11 only. Hanging onto iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 for as long as I can.

    The update looks awesome.

    My brother!
    Same story here: hanging onto 10 on the phone.
    It has saved me some money, though.

  • @SpookyZoo said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @anickt said:

    @Mayo said:
    4 bars?
    a small and extremely limited world to play in...

    Orson Welles once said that absence of limitations was the enemy of art.

    He did. And he has a point of course, but I would very much like his thoughts on that whole matter now (in terms of being able to survey his life and come to some conclusions).

    @MonzoPro I believe the loop length was extended, did you ever get on this one?

    The last update notes were a bit ambiguous. Are these added in this recent update, or coming in future?

    This app is almost to the level of being a phrase sampler. Being a AUV3 will make it so. Can't wait to run multiple instances of this in AUM or AB3

  • edited February 13

    This app is almost to the level of being a phrase sampler. Being a AUV3 will make it so. Can't wait to run multiple instances of this in AUM or AB3

    is Auv3 coming for this?
    @Quent_Reflow

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @anickt said:

    @Mayo said:
    4 bars?
    a small and extremely limited world to play in...

    Orson Welles once said that absence of limitations was the enemy of art.

    He did. And he has a point of course, but I would very much like his thoughts on that whole matter now (in terms of being able to survey his life and come to some conclusions).

    @MonzoPro I believe the loop length was extended, did you ever get on this one?

    Not yet, but the update has made me prick up my ears....does the bar length change affect recording times, or just when it's played back? If sample time length has been increased, and I can record in via AUM then I'm in.

  • Dumb question. I’ve only used this with the iPhone mic. That mic picks up a lot of background noise which really affects the end result. Do you get really different results with an external mic?

  • @ecamburn said:
    Dumb question. I’ve only used this with the iPhone mic. That mic picks up a lot of background noise which really affects the end result. Do you get really different results with an external mic?

    I doubt it. Unless you go for a shotgun mic with a very narrow area of sensitivity.
    I would try using something like Brusfri in front of LoopField in the FX slot of AB or AUM.
    You can kill some of the BG noise in most cases.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @MonzoPro I believe the loop length was extended, did you ever get on this one?

    Just picked this up. It's a bit mad, but fun. Had it loaded in AUM, recording bits of Russian radio courtesy of Streemur. Had a couple of freeze-ups and a weird crash, but could be that it needs a reboot - usually works with new apps.

    I think I'll record the loop output via AUM, that way I get the sample/rhythm track in as well, and I can whack some fx on it.

    Yeah, I think this could provide me with some weird and wonderful loop/rhythm backing tracks for my nonsense.

  • Hmm, odd one this. I’m finding it hard to create a loop that doesn’t have a gap or big jump at the end. Either I’m doing something wrong, or this isn’t going to be as fun and easy as I thought.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Hmm, odd one this. I’m finding it hard to create a loop that doesn’t have a gap or big jump at the end. Either I’m doing something wrong, or this isn’t going to be as fun and easy as I thought.

    Good. Well, NOT good. but good that you are also a bit puzzled. @thesoundtestroom DOUG!!!!!!!! :)

  • edited February 14

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Hmm, odd one this. I’m finding it hard to create a loop that doesn’t have a gap or big jump at the end. Either I’m doing something wrong, or this isn’t going to be as fun and easy as I thought.

    Good. Well, NOT good. but good that you are also a bit puzzled. @thesoundtestroom DOUG!!!!!!!! :)

    Keeps freezing up on me too (just did it again).

    What it needs is an easy way to move the sample start/end points, that way there’s more chance of getting a more seamless loop.

    Also, as the input audio is recorded, instead of advancing slowly, which would make it easier to grab the bit you want, it jumps to the next 4 bar recorded bit, so it’s all a bit random.

    Ok for recording outdoor bangs and barking dogs, but not so good for recording synths and drum apps via IAA.

  • edited September 5

    Big fan of this - I’m an Android person where phones are concerned but I bought a secondhand iPhone and a couple of lavalier mics just to use as a stealth field recorder with it. It’s a bonus that it can be used in the effect slot in an AUM session but it comes into its own, not as a conventional instrument orientated looper but as a way of sampling/warping that strange thing we call the real world. Fans of the more powerful but significantly less user friendly FieldScaper will love it. It’s simplicity is it’s strength, and if I need/want to edit the samples significantly I can always chuck them into Hokusai afterwards. (I’m trying, and largely succeeding, in having an iPad only electronic studio). If sound collage, Hainbach-style manipulations, and experimental soundscaping are your thing, this is a no brainer purchase. I do wish it was future proofed by moving to AU though. Like a lot of people here I can see myself having to ‘freeze’ my iPad to keep running some of the weird and wonderful sonic manglers/generators I have accumulated over the years ( Dr Om I’m looking at you...)

  • J> @Svetlovska said:

    Big fan of this

    +1

    I don’t do the “out in the field” thing. I just stick it in the output slot of AudioBus and have another app in the input slot and create some cool loops.

  • The developer is working on Auv3 support for Loopfield 😊

  • edited September 6

    @White said:
    The developer is working on Auv3 support for Loopfield 😊

    Nice.

    You can make an hour vanish quickly with Loopfield.

  • I asked the dev about adding a "save loops to AudioShare" feature and he said that the "Next update will integrate batch export : you will be able to select everything and export in 2 clicks."

    Nice.

  • Great!!! News!
    This will be very useful!

  • Most excellent! I'm smitten with this app...

  • @lukesleepwalker said:
    Most excellent! I'm smitten with this app...

    You really are, aren't you :) Is it the flow or the reach?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    Most excellent! I'm smitten with this app...

    You really are, aren't you :) Is it the flow or the reach?

    It's the flow. Forces me to think/work differently and has yielded unexpected results, which I will share soon.

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    Most excellent! I'm smitten with this app...

    You really are, aren't you :) Is it the flow or the reach?

    It's the flow. Forces me to think/work differently and has yielded unexpected results, which I will share soon.

    Excellent. Much look forward.

Sign In or Register to comment.