Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I saw this video (CS80 clone — Deckards Dream) is there an iOS "emulation"

edited February 2019 in Other

in software? We have and ARP Odyssey, but I'm not familiar with a Yamaha or other CS80 clone on iOS.
Or what's the closest...
GOD the warbles and filters just give me shi i v v e e r rs

Comments

• What he says at 5:46 is interesting and makes sense
    TIL Why subs are after filters and usually sine waves.

• Mood has some nice CS80-like sounds.

• Why not buy yourself a Yamaha Reface CS for $200 (ish)?

Sure, not as powerful as Deckards Dream, but also not $4,000

(And it includes a keybed and mini speakers too!)

• @LeonKowalski I agree about mood.

im surprised there hasnt been a cs80 clone on ios considering its one of the most sought after analog synths ever.

• edited February 2019

@tk32 said:
    Why not buy yourself a Yamaha Reface CS for $200 (ish)?

Sure, not as powerful as Deckards Dream, but also not $4,000

(And it includes a keybed and mini speakers too!)

The Reface is cool but you can get the same synth engine for free with Yamaha Synth Book. ;)

• IK Multimedia Syntronik V80 is the only clone on iOS that pretends to be a clone that I know of.

• edited February 2019

There is nothing like CS80, it's holy grail of analogue synths .... Even that Deckard dreams synth, based on some comparisions i heard, isn't completely there, althought very close :-) I had ooportunity to put my dirty hands on real CS80. Unbelievable masterpiece, rocket science (it contains analogue memory for patches !!), total holy grail ...

@tk32
    Why not buy yourself a Yamaha Reface CS for $200 (ish)?

Not even in that direction :) Very limited in parameters. Not saying that it sounds bad, at the end it's reincarnation of synth engine fom AN1x/AN200 .. but .. still different universe than CS80

Actually Reface CS kind of sound (or better AN1x kind of sound) is available at iOS - it's "Yamaha Synth Book" app :)

My suggestion would be: If you really badly wants that 'CS' sound, try search ebay for second hand CS-15 or CS-30 .. it's much limited in terms of polyphony, voices and some features, but some basics of "that" sound is present there .. had opportunity to play with it, and those models are still very very impressive synths ...

@Jumpercollins
    IK Multimedia Syntronik V80 is the only clone on iOS that pretends to be a clone that I know of.

But that actually just rompler, so few samples from real thing ;)

• Somebody may step up to the bat with AudioKit...

• @audiblevideo said:
    in software? We have and ARP Odyssey, but I'm not familiar with a Yamaha or other CS80 clone on iOS.
    Or what's the closest...

On iOS....Zeeon is by far the closest.

• We could start a bounty for a decent CS80 clone

I'll pledge $20

That is... unless Behringer already have one in development ;)

• edited February 2019

@tk32 said:

don't say that !!! :lol:

• edited February 2019

I keep hoping Arturia will convert their vst CS80 to ios... and it would be great paired with a Roli Block keyboard!

• edited February 2019

@brice said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Or what's the closest...

seconded :+1:
    The CS80 was 2x8 polyphonic, with polyphonic aftertouch and a ribbon controller as it's main features.
    The signature sounds known from records were heavily reverbed by back then expensive fx-units. Aside from that it's 'only' a very good analog synth.
    Repatch with Zeeon and you're fine ;)
    ps: insert 2 or more instances into AUM with dedicated fx pathes or busses

• @Jumpercollins said:
    IK Multimedia Syntronik V80 is the only clone on iOS that pretends to be a clone that I know of.

Its not a clone its sample based.. it doesn’t come even close to the real thing

@PhilW said:
    I keep hoping Arturia will convert their vst CS80 to ios... and it would be great paired with a Roli Block keyboard!

This would be awesome..

However, looks very much like arturia lost their interest in making ipad products
    Which is kind of a shame..

• @Jumpercollins said:

Is it good? Never been in love with IK Multimedia product but, maybe I will change my mind if this clone is good.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Is it good? Never been in love with IK Multimedia product but, maybe I will change my mind if this clone is good.

No rompler is a clone of a synth.

• edited July 2022

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Somebody may step up to the bat with AudioKit...

This made me laugh VERY hard 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

also this 🤣😂🤣

I keep hoping Arturia will convert their vst CS80 to ios

Arturia CS80 sounds like flat sterile shit when comoared to deep organic sound of CS80 .. had luck to play with more CSXX range models - those synths are absolute cult legends, irreplacible by anything. And CS80 is holy grail of analog synths, just monster. There is no SW even remotely close.

• @dendy said:

@tk32 said:

They do, shush :o

• @knewspeak said:

@dendy said:

@tk32 said:

They do, shush

Pretty curious about price tag .. potential instabuy :)

• @dendy said:

@knewspeak said:

@dendy said:

@tk32 said:

They do, shush

Pretty curious about price tag .. potential instabuy :)

I would hope around the same price as the UB-Xa.

• @dendy said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

You’re welcome. It was supposed to be tongue in cheek.

Arturia CS80 sounds like flat sterile shit when comoared to deep organic sound of CS80 .. had luck to play with more CSXX range models - those synths are absolute cult legends, irreplacible by anything. And CS80 is holy grail of analog synths, just monster. There is no SW even remotely close.

This gets remotely close IMO

All with a free VSTi which knocks spots off the commercial CS-80 emulations.

• Who cares about the synth if the Lexicon 224 is missing (?) o:)

• edited July 2022

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@dendy said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

You’re welcome. It was supposed to be tongue in cheek.

This gets remotely close IMO

All with a free VSTi which knocks spots off the commercial CS-80 emulations.

The developer of the Arminator 2 does say they are working on an Audio Unit version, which is exciting.