Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM update coming with midi only slots

Midi AU will be able to be added without taking up a whole channel. This is great news for AUM users.

Comments

• Cool! Is there a way to choose which parameter shows up on the side?

• @Philippe said:
    Cool! Is there a way to choose which parameter shows up on the side?

Yes, you can already do that in the current version by tapping the symbol bottom right when you select the parameter in the channel.

• Well alright now.

• edited February 2019

@Carnbot said:

@Philippe said:

Yes, you can already do that in the current version by tapping the symbol bottom right when you select the parameter in the channel.

Thanks, not sure to get it right but good to know it’s possible!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wonderful. is there anyone here who doesn’t already have AUM?

• Fantastic. Love this app so much.

• Ohm to the AUM 💕🙏🏼

• edited February 2019

Nice.. along with Ableton link (start stop)..

Can Photon fit in those slots?

• @Philippe said:

@Carnbot said:

@Philippe said:

Thanks, not sure to get it right but good to know it’s possible!

It's at the bottom of the window/list where you normally assign MIDI CCs to AU parameters. Menu->MIDI Control, I think.

• I love AUM and still use it. But since AB3 MIDI learn I find myself reaching for AB3 most of the time these days. And I think it's because having the MIDI routing "separate" from the audio routing just makes things easier to keep track of--so looking forward to the AUM separation of MIDI setup.

• edited February 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I love AUM and still use it. But since AB3 MIDI learn I find myself reaching for AB3 most of the time these days. And I think it's because having the MIDI routing "separate" from the audio routing just makes things easier to keep track of--so looking forward to the AUM separation of MIDI setup.

yes, I'm also transitioning back to AB from AUM due to the tight midi sync and powerful new midi tools. The thing I'm missing most from AUM are the bus sends.

I wish that AUM, AM, and AB could somehow all merge into one powerhouse app :)

• edited February 2019

Nice. It will be good to have all the MIDI AUs in one spot, so you don’t have to scroll around. Just set up your channel “patches” with synths and effects (or whatever) then control things in one MIDI channel.

• @palm said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I love AUM and still use it. But since AB3 MIDI learn I find myself reaching for AB3 most of the time these days. And I think it's because having the MIDI routing "separate" from the audio routing just makes things easier to keep track of--so looking forward to the AUM separation of MIDI setup.

yes, I'm also transitioning back to AB from AUM due to the tight midi sync and powerful new midi tools. The thing I'm missing most from AUM are the bus sends.

Definitely need bus sends in AB3. And the mixer overall can get a little chaotic at times. My guess is that Michael gives it some love for AB 3.5 (after getting 3.4 out the door of course).

• @palm said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

In my mind they are! AUM in AudioBus is a true powerhouse. They work so well together that I don't mind in the least that they're separate apps.

• edited February 2019

In my mind they are! AUM in AudioBus is a true powerhouse. They work so well together that I don't mind in the least that they're separate apps.

yeah, I hear you. In practice, I find that once I'm running a handful of instruments, I get glitches and crackles when running both on my older ipad pro 9.7"

• Odd. I see virtually no difference on my trusty iPad Air 2.

• @wim said:
    Odd. I see virtually no difference on my trusty iPad Air 2.

the update hasnt arrived yet.

• @sysexual said:

@wim said:

I was talking about performance difference with AUM and AudioBus running at the same time.

• @wim said:

@sysexual said:

@wim said:

I was talking about performance difference with AUM and AudioBus running at the same time.

yeah, it's when running zeeon and patterning 2 plus a few others and effects that I start to get the crackles..

• edited February 2019

@palm said:

@wim said:

@sysexual said:

@wim said:

yeah, it's when running zeeon and patterning 2 plus a few others and effects that I start to get the crackles..

Yeah this has been my experience too.

Just one instance of Zeeon gets it crackling.

I’m on the Zeeon beta but I never get any response from the dev. There’s a whole host of bugs in there, midi Learn the big one for me, but I think he’s busy with Drambo.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Yeah this has been my experience too.

Just one instance of Zeeon gets it crackling.

I’m on the Zeeon beta but I never get any response from the dev. There’s a whole host of bugs in there, midi Learn the big one for me, but I think he’s busy with Drambo.

yeah, I think you're right there. While I'd sure love to see zeeon's bugs get addressed, I'm pretty excited to dig into Drambo, so I'll gladly cut him some slack there :)

• Oh...coming. Was trying to figure out how to get the midi slots going. No rush, i’ll be here.