Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For The Love of StepPolyArp

‪Some fun this morning with that wonderful tool StepPolyArp driving some SugarBytes goodness:

Comments

  • 🎶😊👍

  • Very nice. Is there any way to play SPA as a one shot sequence? I always wish I could set up my controller to mix up the SPA sequences a bit by playing them live. So press a key (or CC) and it plays the sequence exactly one time.

  • Lovely stuff!

  • Very nice

  • Thanks for giving it a listen everyone. 🙏🏼@lukesleepwalker not sure. I’ll have a look at what Parameters are available to SPA in AUM.

  • Very pleasant.
    Actually soothed my headache that was starting to come on.
    :)

    I have a question...
    How do you like that Nanokey Studio?
    I am thinking of getting one.

  • @CracklePot said:
    Very pleasant.
    Actually soothed my headache that was starting to come on.
    :)

    I have a question...
    How do you like that Nanokey Studio?
    I am thinking of getting one.

    Wow. Glad the track was soothing and helped you feel better.

    The NanoKeyStudio is a nice little keyboard that packs a lot of features. A few things to keep in mind though:
    . It’s super plasticky so be careful when you travel with it
    . If you are a Gadget user it’s a no brainer
    . I use it a lot to play in Dorian in the key of E since I’m not well versed in music theory.
    . It offers different Scale modes and a nice little ARP...though I’m not entirely sure how to properly map it to BPM outside of Gadget
    . The 8 encoders are great for mapping to different CC parameters in AUM for real time manipulation when recording in it
    . It works over BLE or wired via USB and has been a lot of fun to use in combo with the OP-Z
    . If you get it and travel with your gear, get a padded carrying case for it. I picked up a cheap amazon one and it’s seems to help when i do travel with it.

    Hope that helps and thanks again for giving the track a listen. 🙏🏼

  • Had a few moments to revisit the track and added some beats courtesy of GrooveBox:

  • Lovely, as usual🎶

  • @waynerowand said:
    Lovely, as usual🎶

    I agree. I think we may be beginning to take this one for granted.... :)

  • Thanks. It’s a pretty magical tool to manifest ones musical intent 🙏🏼💕

  • SPA AUv3 is crazy good.

    I had an idea, and In the space of 30 mins I completed it in StepPoly. I’m sure somebody has done this already, but I figured that using several instances of SPA in AUM I could build up and instantaneously play all parts of a track from one press of a keyboard.

    I used Viking, Tines, Zeeon and Mersenne, for Bass, Pad, Lead and an Arp. Opened up and routed 4 instances of SPA to those apps and to accept keyboard input. Set the scale to F major in them all. Entered the +/- steps in the sequencers. Hit F on the AUM keyboard. Bingo!

    Not perfect, as I’d need to get more resolution on the timing, but as a proof of concept, it was a fun experiment.

  • @SpookyZoo said:
    SPA AUv3 is crazy good.

    I had an idea, and In the space of 30 mins I completed it in StepPoly. I’m sure somebody has done this already, but I figured that using several instances of SPA in AUM I could build up and instantaneously play all parts of a track from one press of a keyboard.

    I used Viking, Tines, Zeeon and Mersenne, for Bass, Pad, Lead and an Arp. Opened up and routed 4 instances of SPA to those apps and to accept keyboard input. Set the scale to F major in them all. Entered the +/- steps in the sequencers. Hit F on the AUM keyboard. Bingo!

    Not perfect, as I’d need to get more resolution on the timing, but as a proof of concept, it was a fun experiment.

    But what does it sound like?

  • edited February 13

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    But what does it sound like?

    It sounds good. :) Timing resolution wasn't as fine as I needed for the experiment though.

    I would add an audio link but the tune I used was an attempt at a cover of another musician's track. I don't know them so probably wouldn't have permission or feel comfortable posting. I'll redo the experiment tomorrow with a track of my own and post on a new thread as not to derail this one.

  • Yeah cool. I love this app and the concept so I'm always interested in the results others are getting with it.

  • @SpookyZoo said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    But what does it sound like?

    It sounds good. :) Timing resolution wasn't as fine as I needed for the experiment though.

    I would add an audio link but the tune I used was an attempt at a cover of another musician's track. I don't know them so probably wouldn't have permission or feel comfortable posting. I'll redo the experiment tomorrow with a track of my own and post on a new thread as not to derail this one.

    PLEASE DO!

  • Does someone know an option in SPA where I can set this app to always start on the 1 as soon as i press start. For some reason it’s seem to run always in circles even if I don’t press play. I want to start it when I push the button not guessing where it possibly running in the background. Hope someone can understand this and can shed some light here. That would be awesome!

  • @david_2017 I already send this as a feature request/bug report to the devs last year - but they didn‘t want to reset the pattern pointer on the hosts „start command“ at that time:/

    I also tried around using another app to send a CC21 with value 0 to change to the first pattern when start is pressed in AUM - even though this command is send just at the start, the „pattern change“ in SPA happens right after the first note which is therefore beeing played from the last pattern SPA happens to be on.

    It is really anoying to always have to open up SPA, select the first pattern and then press AUMs host start.

    .

    Perhaps if they get more requests for this feature, please write them using their support page

  • @_ki said:
    @david_2017 I already send this as a feature request/bug report to the devs last year - but they didn‘t want to reset the pattern pointer on the hosts „start command“ at that time:/

    I also tried around using another app to send a CC21 with value 0 to change to the first pattern when start is pressed in AUM - even though this command is send just at the start, the „pattern change“ in SPA happens right after the first note which is therefore beeing played from the last pattern SPA happens to be on.

    It is really anoying to always have to open up SPA, select the first pattern and then press AUMs host start.

    .

    Perhaps if they get more requests for this feature, please write them using their support page

    Thanks for the detailed explanation and I'll send Laurent a message. Granted, a small issue in an otherwise superlative app but it is annoying.

  • @_ki said:
    @david_2017 I already send this as a feature request/bug report to the devs last year - but they didn‘t want to reset the pattern pointer on the hosts „start command“ at that time:/

    I also tried around using another app to send a CC21 with value 0 to change to the first pattern when start is pressed in AUM - even though this command is send just at the start, the „pattern change“ in SPA happens right after the first note which is therefore beeing played from the last pattern SPA happens to be on.

    It is really anoying to always have to open up SPA, select the first pattern and then press AUMs host start.

    .

    Perhaps if they get more requests for this feature, please write them using their support page

    Yes I also requested this sometime ago when it was released.

  • I emailed him and tried to explain my wish. Hope he understood me and the requests sum up to the update we are hoping for ;)

  • I found a workaround that is at least working for me. I found that when I entered in an absolute sequence I can switch between arp and sequence mode an nothing changes... except that I can trigger the sequence with any key on the keyboard. This is working for me as long we don’t have a „reset the sequence“ button ;)

  • The new photon app that's about to arrive will solve this, at least for fixed sequences.

  • edited February 15

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    The new photon app that's about to arrive will solve this, at least for fixed sequences.

    Tell me: pretty easy?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    The new photon app that's about to arrive will solve this, at least for fixed sequences.

    Tell me: pretty easy?

    In truth I wish it was "loopy easy" but it's not. It requires a bit of work to figure it out, but once you get your head around the basics it all becomes pretty straightforward.

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    The new photon app that's about to arrive will solve this, at least for fixed sequences.

    Tell me: pretty easy?

    In truth I wish it was "loopy easy" but it's not. It requires a bit of work to figure it out, but once you get your head around the basics it all becomes pretty straightforward.

    Uh-oh. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.