Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patreon is a sinking ship. Advice: use alternatives asap

edited February 2019 in Other

Patreon Is An Unsustainable Business

This is a warning to those who use Patreon and are totally dependent on it
In short there's over $100.000.000 by venture capital funding in Patreon
and they just make totally not enough money to return this

Watch the whole YT movie for comprehensive explanation

*btw I know there is also a political discussion about how Patreon operates. The story above has not really anything to do with this discussion. It's just plain simple a start-up that's going wrong because of financial decisions.

Comments

• I predict a similar fate for this thread.

PS. Should probably be OT

• As an FYI, the video creator has been publicly feuding with Patreon for well over a year. So, whatever he has to say cannot be taken as without agenda.

• edited February 2019

Hehe I think there is a picture of his voice next to ‘sanctimonious’ in the dictionary,

• @AudioGus said:
    I predict a similar fate for this thread.

Okay will change it to OT

@espiegel123 said:
    As an FYI, the video creator has been publicly feuding with Patreon for well over a year. So, whatever he has to say cannot be taken as without agenda.

Thx, if you YT patreon (last week) you come up with a lot of same messages. And not only people that feuding with Patreon.
    Besides that the guy may publicly feuding with Patreon, he has imo I strong point venture capital investments

And if you you are dependent on online money flows looks to me that it is just wise to put not all your money in the hands of one middleman. It will not be the first start-up that implodes.

• Lol, OK he is a character, info-taining vid. Yah as much as I sometimes stare off into the sea of desks at work thinking maybe I could be the next talking window douchiepie on the tubes or some such thing I hate the idea of my livelihood being destroyed by becoming too complacent with a new web based novelty. A good warning for sure. It is a slog, a grind, a madhouse, don’t get cozy people.

• edited February 2019

i'll stay supporting Jakob & Doug on patreon .. after (if) it crashes, i'm sure guys will find other way (for example direct paypal payments)

no reason for panic, until it works .. ;)

• @greengrocer said:

@AudioGus said:
    I predict a similar fate for this thread.

Okay will change it to OT

@espiegel123 said:
    As an FYI, the video creator has been publicly feuding with Patreon for well over a year. So, whatever he has to say cannot be taken as without agenda.

Thx, if you YT patreon (last week) you come up with a lot of same messages. And not only people that feuding with Patreon.
    Besides that the guy may publicly feuding with Patreon, he has imo I strong point venture capital investments

And if you you are dependent on online money flows looks to me that it is just wise to put not all your money in the hands of one middleman. It will not be the first start-up that implodes.

Earlier this month there were difficulties with payment processing. The alarmbell was that although the payment processing had problems it seemed that there was immediatelly a payment advance option in place. Looks this system of advance payment was already in place, which I see somehow as supicious. Anyway I have the idea that Patreon will have to make their services more expensive in the near future to survive or pay off their debt to the invetsors.
    Unclear how the future looks it could implode or they could sell it. With their current business model and how much people they employ (over 300) I see not much future.

FYI the biggest investor in Patreon is Thrive Capital which is owned by Joshua Krushner the brother of Jared Kushner (husband of Ivanka Trump).

• edited February 2019

@dendy said:
    i'll stay supporting Jakob & Doug on patreon .. after (if) it crashes, i'm sure guys will find other way (for example direct paypal payments)

Just be mentally prepared for future panic(s)! Such is life.

• @AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

Just be mentally prepared for future panic(s)! Such is life.

Exactly! Hence my point, look for alternatives and spread the risk where possible.
    Big start-ups fail on a regular basis. In most cases that's a only a risk of the venture capitalists that invest in them. The problem with a start-up as Patreon is that it's a payment processor and really a lot of content creators depend on them. If it fails the users and supporters are the last ones to see the money Patreon owns them.

• Patreon only offers a hub (related channels as extra value) so the common sense path should be personal webpage and that's it but then you have to do your homework with SEO.

About crypto and content hosting I was messing with Steemit and Dtube/Dlive but I'm not so versed into crypto and that platform is also skunking by itself due to investors too. Almost is P2P based and decentralized by definition.

Corps are getting wild lately with some fields (like European copyright laws) which points these want total control but they don't understand there are more and more prosumers each day than consumers and it's its blame since making people poor makes them struggle and build self-sufficiency by themselves.

We have an interesting tool in the consumer conscious choose (where we put our pocket) so I don't have any true alternative but I have heard some content creators leaving youtube for twitch and patreon for personal webpages.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Patreon only offers a hub (related channels as extra value) so the common sense path should be personal webpage and that's it but then you have to do your homework with SEO.

About crypto and content hosting I was messing with Steemit and Dtube/Dlive but I'm not so versed into crypto and that platform is also skunking by itself due to investors too. Almost is P2P based and decentralized by definition.

Corps are getting wild lately with some fields (like European copyright laws) which points these want total control but they don't understand there are more and more prosumers each day than consumers and it's its blame since making people poor makes them struggle and build self-sufficiency by themselves.

We have an interesting tool in the consumer conscious choose (where we put our pocket) so I don't have any true alternative but I have heard some content creators leaving youtube for twitch and patreon for personal webpages.

I've no experience with it. But you have also a social media site called http://minds.com
    It's open source and they pay for views/ traffic like YT and use crypto

• edited February 2019

i was involved in crypto very intensively last year, including mining ;)

i would strongly avoid using any other payments than few major currencies (BTC, ETH, MONERO, i have very good experience also with BitcoinZ - which is not that major but very strong dev community is behind this project, they are still trying innovate and push it forward)

There is a lot of scam, lot of instability and bug speculative factor in crypto.. Definitely i would avoid any "tokens" - ICO projects -99% of them will sooner or later crash... very speculative business..

For daily use it's best to use crypto which you can directly switch to your native currency as fast as possible and, until you don't want play speculative game, don't hold anything for more than hours, worst case days :-))

It's not that i'm skeptic in crypto, i'm actually big enthusiast - just this thing needs to mature. Many people lost lot of money, so be always cautious a don't put more money into cryptontgan you can afford lost ...

• I don’t have any experience with it, and I don’t have any clue regarding the fate of Patreon... but kickstarter launched a similar platform about a year ago. Or, bought one and launched under the kickstarter name called “drip”

https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/introducing-the-new-drip