Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Inexpensive lightning audio/midi dock trick...

I ran across this on another forum and figured I would pass it on.

Griffin made 30 pin docks for iPads, but have since discontinued them. You can find em used for between $10 and $30+.

If you get a APPLE BRAND 30 pin to lightning connector and download the firmware updater app for the dock (Griffin utility it’s free). You can use them with lightning iPads.

I just tried it and it works, sees midi in, sends audio, and I assume sends midi, I didn’t check that now that I think about it, but I didn’t see any complaints from others who did it.

You can pick up apple brand 30 pin to lightning on eBay for a song.

It may work with other 30 pin docks, don’t know, but it definitly does with these.

Comments

• Nice. Thanks for sharing. I have a Griffin dock collecting dust.

• Are you talking about the Griffin Studioconnect?

• yeah I got one of those. haven't used it in forever but kept it just for this purpose, in case I need it right?

I mean, its not some fancy trick for the Griffin StudioConnect. Any old 30-pin dock should work with a proper lightning adapter.

• I also saw you can get a new iRig on eBay for $3
    Might be a knock off but the original wasn't high quality either I don't think. Probably good enough to fool around with if you have a guitar.

• I’d get one for $10 if I could for my old iPad 2, but seems like they are more like $30-100. Where are you finding these for $10?

• @DMan said:
    I’d get one for $10 if I could for my old iPad 2, but seems like they are more like $30-100. Where are you finding these for $10?

I found one used somewhere a while back for $10 or so. For a while they were averaging around 20-30. I've got like 8-10 of them and haven't paid more than $40 if I recall correctly.

• @1nsomniak said:
    I also saw you can get a new iRig on eBay for $3
    Might be a knock off but the original wasn't high quality either I don't think. Probably good enough to fool around with if you have a guitar.

The low end on the knockoffs suck.
    There's a noticeable difference.
    But it that's not a factor, yeah, they function as intended.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Are you talking about the Griffin Studioconnect?

Yeah.

• @Hmtx said:
    yeah I got one of those. haven't used it in forever but kept it just for this purpose, in case I need it right?

I mean, its not some fancy trick for the Griffin StudioConnect. Any old 30-pin dock should work with a proper lightning adapter.

I would think so, but I couldn't tell ya. I DO know that the knock off 30 to lightning don't work.

• @Ego_Likeness said:

@1nsomniak said:
    I also saw you can get a new iRig on eBay for $3

The low end on the knockoffs suck.
    There's a noticeable difference.
    But it that's not a factor, yeah, they function as intended.

Ok not too surprising, however since the real iRig is still going in through the same crappy voice optimized microphone port I bet it sounds about as bad and they just compensate in software, something you could do manually with a knock off maybe?