Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS musician collective... Instagram created

edited February 2019 in Other

It would be sweet to have a small collective of iOS musicians from here, to share videos, albums, demos etc via YouTube and Instagram..
To show what we have been up to with iOS and show off its power and our jams..
We could have an ig page a YouTube channel with original content and shared content from our individual pages...
I'd be down to run the ig and have other account admins as well...
What ya think?

Update **** we have an ig !
ios_society

Comments

• I like the idea and in fact already attempted a shared YouTube channel for forum members but it never caught on. Could look for the link if anyone is interested in adding their stuff to it.

• @1nsomniak said:
    I like the idea and in fact already attempted a shared YouTube channel for forum members but it never caught on. Could look for the link if anyone is interested in adding their stuff to it.

Ya man I remember that now!
    I think having an Instagram page would be a good way to keep it light and simple... And be able to get a decent amount of action...

YouTube is a bit more of a chore, cuz those vidoes are much longer upload times, and I feel like playlists don't catch on as much

But we can reactivate that YouTube and pair it with ig, with the yt link in the profile!

• Sounds cool!

• @Lycaan said:
    👍👍

@vpich said:
    Sounds cool!

We should start an Instagram group to chat in and work out some details

• Not sure what you mean about instagram chat but the audiobus discord would work...

https://discord.gg/YyjFjsK

I don't mind setting up the YouTube play list again, there's a way to have multiple contributors....a person would have to admin the instagram account.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Not sure what you mean about instagram chat but the audiobus discord would work...

I don't mind setting up the YouTube play list again, there's a way to have multiple contributors....a person would have to admin the instagram account.

I've ran a few ig accounts for labels, and enjoy it, have no problem doing that!
    Basically all of us who are in, I'll use repost to share videos from personal ig pages to the collective ig account, we can gain followers and get people to follow our personal pages, find our music streams and YouTube play list,.
    What I meant by Instagram chat was, all follow each other and have a group message going on there to just ramble and talk iOS and stuff about the collective.. Ig is really great way to be active and have an online presence

• edited February 2019

Y'all should check Beatmakeristhesquad on ig.
    I know he's on this forum but I don't know his tag. Anyway, messing with apps and sharing other people's iOS setups are what he's about.
    Y'all should chat with him and see what's possible.

• Quite what you all take little square faded badly coloured pictures of, on this instagram group, I can’t imagine.

• edited February 2019

@ph8aerror said:
    Y'all should check Beatmakeristhesquad on ig.
    I know he's on this forum but I don't know his tag. Anyway, messing with apps and sharing other people's iOS setups are what he's about.
    Y'all should chat with him and see what's possible.

Ya he's my dude! Love his ig!!
    There's so many great ig profiles, ig is my favorite platform for finding artists!

• edited February 2019

If everyone on this forum started posting their songs, albums, tutorials and jams etc to the open platform on YouTube instead of the walled in pay to play system that is Soundcloud, with properly titled and tagged videos, that would be a good start. The YouTube algorithm is very good at finding videos of related content and aggregating and suggesting them.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    If everyone on this forum started posting their songs, albums, tutorials and jams etc to the open platform on YouTube instead of the walled in pay to play system that is Soundcloud, with properly titled and tagged videos, that would be a good start. The YouTube algorithm is very good at finding videos of related content and aggregating and suggesting them.

TBH, some people would rather monetize via posting their projects to SoundCloud or use it simply because it fits their current goals. YouTube may not suit everyone. Also, making a tut is a challenge for some.
    Basically what I'm saying is YT has its pros and cons so everyone on this forum to post there is a tall ask.

• edited February 2019

Ill share and share alike with what ever platform you like. Following.

• IG is gonna be the best place to get stuff in front of people. Sure videos are 60secs only but the hashtags really get ur stuff out there to folks you have never met. I hAve hundreds of FB friends and when I post music on there I’m
    Lucky to get 5 reactions. Every single post on IG gets at least that, usually more from folks not in my network. I love it

• @Multicellular said:
    Ill share and share alike with what ever platform you like. Following.

Awesome! We'll get it going!

@Gaia.Tree said:
    IG is gonna be the best place to get stuff in front of people. Sure videos are 60secs only but the hashtags really get ur stuff out there to folks you have never met. I hAve hundreds of FB friends and when I post music on there I’m
    Lucky to get 5 reactions. Every single post on IG gets at least that, usually more from folks not in my network. I love it

man I love ig, I gave up with Facebook, don't even have one!. Hashtags and short videos for peeps in a hurry is perfect!!

• edited February 2019

Let's get united on ig and I'll create an account for us...
    Follow me there,

And then I'll get ya back and we'll start a chat..

Just need a name for the group ig then I'll get it started!

• Ok cool, I didn’t know IG had group chat, it’s the only social network I’m on.
    Seems I’m already following you, I’m manphibian_lives

https://www.instagram.com/manphibian_lives/

• I tried signing up for instagram but yet again I realised I must already have done so in the past.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Ok cool, I didn’t know IG had group chat, it’s the only social network I’m on.
    Seems I’m already following you, I’m manphibian_lives

https://www.instagram.com/manphibian_lives/

Hexk Ya man I've been digging your stuff there! I just switched my name you orbital loop but it was previously reasOne

@u0421793 said:
    I tried signing up for instagram but yet again I realised I must already have done so in the past

Cool! I see ya there!

• How about..

ios_society ?? For the ig account??
    Open to suggestions tho 😁

• ios_musicians

• @dendy said:
    ios_musicians

I've deff been thinking about it, but wasn't sure with all the other preexisting groups with that name if we could stand out..

• hm, yes that could be problem..

ios_creative_minds (but that doesn't imply music)
    ios_musicmakers
    ios_musiccreators (i can imagine that good logo designer can make nice logo with those two "c")

• MusiOS

I don't know if the Caps stays though.

• Our discord has an area for song posting as well and over 200 members, it can be part of the promo network. Everyone is invited.

(Download the app first)

• For those interested, we are live!!!!

• We need a logo.... Bad!! Who's got talent!?!?

• Maybe just a cool font!

• @reasOne said:
    For those interested, we are live!!!!

cool - I'm just starting to get into using instagram/twitter for my artist page/profile. Followed.

can anybody help me though? - I've posted a couple test videos to my instagram but somehow they ended up in IGTV. How do I get those videos to show up on my regular posts page? Currently it's saying I only have 1 post - but I've posted 1 picture and 2 videos...?

• @Halftone said:

@reasOne said:
    For those interested, we are live!!!!

cool - I'm just starting to get into using instagram/twitter for my artist page/profile. Followed.

can anybody help me though? - I've posted a couple test videos to my instagram but somehow they ended up in IGTV. How do I get those videos to show up on my regular posts page? Currently it's saying I only have 1 post - but I've posted 1 picture and 2 videos...?

When you post a video, use the + button at the bottom middle of the screen...
    Message me on ig and I can show you via screen shot if you would like