Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auto-Tune Mobile powered by Antaras getting updated to AUV3 and hard T pain FX

Sue Marvin over at iPad Musicians Facebook group said.....

"As Iam Shazamm mentioned, Auto-Tune Mobile is on the App Store and is built with the Antares Auto-Tune technology for a “soft” pitch correction effect. I am in the process of building an update for version auv3 and adding the “hard efx” switch."

Sue Marvin is the Developer of Antares Auto-Tune Mobile. The original auto-tune. This would be amazing as an auv3 its co

ming
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-tune-mobile/id647764727?mt=8

Comments

• @Shazamm said:
    Sue Marvin over at iPad Musicians Facebook group said.....

"As Iam Shazamm mentioned, Auto-Tune Mobile is on the App Store and is built with the Antares Auto-Tune technology for a “soft” pitch correction effect. I am in the process of building an update for version auv3 and adding the “hard efx” switch."

Sue Marvin is the Developer of Antares Auto-Tune Mobile. The original auto-tune. This would be amazing as an auv3 its co

ming
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-tune-mobile/id647764727?mt=8

Thanks for posting....🙏

• Interesting, it’s been around at least 4 years and last updated 2 years ago, I hadn’t noticed it before. I’ll wait for AU3

• I’d pay for an AUV3 if it cropped up.

• @supadom said:
    I’d pay for an AUV3 if it cropped up.

+1000. Gladly.

• Yes that's great

• @Shazamm Any known timetable or eta on this?

• Downloaded couldn’t get it to work, refund applied !

• She’s been saying she’s working on it for years. Breath not held over here 😏

• I’ve been waiting for this moment to come. Can’t wait

• Pretty awesome have had this for quite some time, used a little. It will be a lot more useful as AUv3. Know what’s fun? Run a synth through it with a slower glide. The stepping sound is bonkers :)

• Also one thing I never understood... does Sue Marvin work for Antares? How come the developer isn’t just Antares?

• edited February 2019

Would be great to have this as AUv3.

Anyone compare this to VoiceRack FX? I haven’t found anything better than that for AUv3 auto tune.

• AU Hype again :D

You don't possibly need more than once instance and there will be few need to save individual settings, I think.

It would be much more important that it actually works and is performant!

• edited February 2019

@Hmtx I have both and found the tuning better on Autotune, it’s also more flexible than what’s offered on Voicerack FX. With that said though, Voicerack does QUITE a bit more

Ie not a matter of either or, more like, worth having both imo.

• T4HT4H
    edited February 2019

@tja said:
    AU Hype again :D

You don't possibly need more than once instance and there will be few need to save individual settings, I think.

Auv3 of this is huge and needed. I use several instances (5+) on desktop in pro tools of this to track songs and ideas with clients. I’d say it’s its a huge piece of the computer free, iOS only, electronic music puzzle as far as rap/trap/r&b goes. Whole genres of music within rap/trap revolve around this effect.

@icsleepers said:
    Also one thing I never understood... does Sue Marvin work for Antares? How come the developer isn’t just Antares?

Good question

• @icsleepers said:
    Also one thing I never understood... does Sue Marvin work for Antares? How come the developer isn’t just Antares?

Used to work at Antares: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sue-marvin-28a75

• @T4H said:

@tja said:

Auv3 of this is huge and needed. I use several instances (5+) on desktop in pro tools of this to track songs and ideas with clients. I’d say it’s its a huge piece of the computer free, iOS only, electronic music puzzle as far as rap/trap/r&b goes. Whole genres of music within rap/trap revolve around this effect.

I will be surprised to see several instances used on iOS.

• @tja said:

@T4H said:

@tja said:

Why?

• tjatja
    edited February 2019

@realdawei said:

@tja said:

@T4H said:

@tja said:

Why?

Why?
    Because i cannot image how this would happen, with several live input streams or several audio tracks in parallel.
    On iOS?

I would be surprised!

Show us, if you do / try such stuff ;) ;) ;)

• @tja said:

@realdawei said:

@tja said:

@T4H said:

@tja said:

Why?

Why?
    Because i cannot image how this would happen, with several live input streams or several audio tracks in parallel.
    On iOS?

I would be surprised!

Show us, if you do / try such stuff ;) ;) ;)

Maybe you’re misunderstanding how it’s used by us (more often than not with clients in my studio workflow) . 1st of all to get a good grasp of the intended use of the effect by most of my clients you can listen to Future, T-Pain and others in the ‘Trap rap genre’ to understand where I’m coming from. The effect is used during ‘tracking’ only 1 at a time, but after its recorded it stays enabled on that track. This allows changes later on etc etc, however, as the song is being built, the # of the EFX effects gradually adds up due to additional scratch tracks, experiments, hooks, verses, adlibs, punching in etc. This is why its crucial as an Auv3 on iOS and AU/VST/AAX on desktop. So only one track at a time is recorded using the effect, but after that it stays ‘enabled’ on multiple tracks to compile an entire song, that way you don’t have to commit or ‘freeze’ the track and you can change things later with relative ease until you’re in the mixing phase. So sometimes the effect can be on a dozen tracks even though it’s only ‘tracked in’ one at a time. It’s low latency makes it ideal for tracking however it’s ease of use compared to melodyne, full on Auto-Tune, Wavestune etc also make its fun and easy to make alterations and note switching on the fly for playback and mixing. Hope this helps.

• i really need this asap... cant believe there is still no real autotune on ios... this is the one reason why i still have to use hardware or my laptop for producing...

• @tja said:

Best/Funniest thing I have read this week, thank you :)

• Can anyone confirm this works well in Cubasis with freezing pre-recorded vocal tracks?

Also, @Shazamm , thanks for the scoop. Any idea if it will be an upgrade to the existing app if I buy it now?

• @ratti said:
    i really need this asap... cant believe there is still no real autotune on ios... this is the one reason why i still have to use hardware or my laptop for producing...

Agreed. I’m in the same boat

• Last time I used it, it wasn’t “tuning” to concert pitch. It was useless for fine tuning a vocal track.

• I guess with AU you could use it on the whole Mormon Tabernacle Choir, maybe they will collaborate with T-Pain.

• @Hmtx said:

Anyone compare this to VoiceRack FX? I haven’t found anything better than that for AUv3 auto tune.

Voloco app does hard auto tune well

Unfortunately it’s now subscription based

• @hisdudeness said:

@Hmtx said:

Voloco app does hard auto tune well

Unfortunately it’s now subscription based

I have Voloco also, problem there though is that you need to import a music track. Well, they want you to. I haven't tried, I guess you could enable background audio and then hit record in Voloco while letting whatever you're singing over also play in the background. The other sounds out of Voloco are pretty nice - I got in before the sub so I don't get new sounds but I had purchased all the previously available packs which are decent enough for what I'd be doing.