Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Connecting two guitars and two mics to a Roland Cube Street?

Hey guys

I know that this question isn’t really appropriate to the Audiobus forum, but I got such great help here on a similar topic (https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30976/easiest-setup-to-loop-both-guitar-and-mic-separately-to-old-ipad-2#latest) that I dare to ask you guys once again. I hope this is okay.

I have a Roland Cube Street for busking on the streets. It has a 1/4“ XLR mic input (with phantom power, at least I guess this as my mic works perfectly with it, while it is hardly hearable when using it with my iRig 2), a 1/4“ guitar input, and a 1/8“ aux input. While mic and guitar both can be controlled using volume and/or gain knobs, the aux can’t be controlled in any way (except from its source, like a connected iPad).

While this is great for solo performances, it doesn’t allow me to busk together with a friend: although we managed to connect a second guitar through the aux input (by using an iPad with an iRig 2), we couldn’t connect a second mic.

As explained in the other topic (see link above), I want to use a looping app on my iPad to loop both a guitar and my voice, so I need an input interface for my iPad. I’m thinking that the Zoom U-24 could be the right choice for me (or an iRig Pro Duo).

Here’s my question: am I right when assuming that together with the Zoom U-24 I will be able to connect 2 guitars AND 2 mics to the Roland Cube Street? So a guitar and a mic directly to the Cube, and another guitar and mic through the Zoom and iPad to the aux in?

Thanks a lot for helping me, I truly appreciate it, as I have no clue and while traveling around as a backpacker/busker, it’s hard to find a quiet spot to take care of all this. :)

All the best
Joshua

Comments