Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad ampify midi confusion

I have had success getting my launch pad controller to work with the IOS launch pad app. However if I try to connect my physical launchpad device as well as another midi device (this case a MPK mini) I am seeing weird things happen.

I am using audiobus with midi, and mapping the MPK mini to something like gadget, DRC, reason etc which works great. But as soon as I add the luanchpad (I think mine is a mini, or which ever one has the controls only on the top and right side) to the mix things bug out.

The MPK still controls the synth I have it assigned to just fine. But the physical launch pad not only controlls the launchpad app, but it is controlling the synth I have mapped to the midi keyboard.

I have tried over and over to separate the devices with a ton of different midi configurations. But nothing seems to work.

Also it might be worth noting that I have this setup:

latest IPAD, and latest IPHONE (usually just use one at a time), which one of these is hooked up to a powered USB hub via the CCK. Connected to the same USB hub I have an Audiobox usb. Then I plugin the launch pad and/or the midi keyboard into the hub.

With this physical configuration I can see all of the devices from within Audiobus, and I can choose any midi channels I want etc. Like I mentioned above the only issue is it appears that the physical launch pad is stomping on everything and sending signals to all apps not just the launch pad app.

I am sure I am missing something simple, but I could really use some help. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Comments

• I think the mini Launchpad can only send on midi channel 1. If you set your Synths to different midi channels is the launchpad still affecting them?

• I’d suggest the same test.

• By default Gadget is set to receive MIDI form all devices and all channels. Try to set Gadget's MIDI to "advanced" and then you'll be able to choose a MIDI device and channel for every Gadget's mixer channel independently.

• @Keef_gifford Has someone resolved this issue... I too am having the same problem. I have a launchpad mini and an akai lpd8 midi controller. I'm only using the launchpad app and koala sampler... both midi controllers are triggering

• @krisrubioartist said:
    @Keef_gifford Has someone resolved this issue... I too am having the same problem. I have a launchpad mini and an akai lpd8 midi controller. I'm only using the launchpad app and koala sampler... both midi controllers are triggering

The problem is that some apps receive Core MIDI even when loaded as AUv3 inside a host app. So host routing is not sufficient to limit the inputs they see. So, you must begin by configuring the controllers to send on different MIDI channels. Then, configure the apps to receive on only those specific channels (not "Omni").

• @uncledave how can I make my controllers send to different midi channels? Is audio us or aum the best solution? Within AUM I’m set the controllers to different midi channels with no success.

• @krisrubioartist said:
    @uncledave how can I make my controllers send to different midi channels? Is audio us or aum the best solution? Within AUM I’m set the controllers to different midi channels with no success.

Look at the manual for the midi controller you want to use for koala. It should tell you how to set its midi channel. In Koala's settings, set the midi channel to the one that you have set on your controller.

• @espiegel123 allright… gonna do it now and I check back to let you know how it goes. Thanks again my dude. By the way my Instagram handle is @krisrubioartist … I always like connecting with artist. Have a great day