Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ruismaker Noir versus FM?

Is it easy to say what the significant differences are between these 2? Or for that matter does it even make sense? Sounds like they overlap in FM style drum sounds.

Thank you!

Greg

Comments

• Noir is amazing. FM is great. Get them both and enjoy. Noir is one of the very tip top iOS music apps of 2018.

Noir is the evil, more intelligent and capable twin of FM.

• Noir for me is all about bendy and warpy which is what I want in drum synths.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Noir is amazing. FM is great. Get them both and enjoy. Noir is one of the very tip top iOS music apps of 2018.

Noir is the evil, more intelligent and capable twin of FM.

Perfect info. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!! I have FM and thought I might be covered :)

• edited February 2019

Noir is superb, you can't go wrong there!

• edited February 2019

The only advantage Ruismaker FM has over Noir, from a newcomer's perspective, is that you can program up to 6 sounds in one instance of the plugin.

Noir is awesome, but I think it's important to let people who aren't familiar with it know it only makes one patch per instance.

...although there are times, with clever programming, you can make a single warping patch sound almost like an entire drum kit.

• edited February 2019

Just curious, which one Bram synth isn't super awesome and worth every single penny ? :)
    If i would be forced to choose between Noir and FM - i would choose Noir and FM. :lol:

Curious what is he cooking now, for sure another instabuy.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Get them both!
    FM is great as your typical drum synth with 6 voices.
    Noir as your percussion element (like djembe or tabla) singe voice with many articulations.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Noir has been scientifically proven to improve the quality of your life by 8-76%.

f'real?> @tk32 said:

The only advantage Ruismaker FM has over Noir, from a newcomer's perspective, is that you can program up to 6 sounds in one instance of the plugin.

Noir is awesome, but I think it's important to let people who aren't familiar with it know it only makes one patch per instance.

...although there are times, with clever programming, you can make a single warping patch sound almost like an entire drum kit.

Thank a lot for this info!

• Yeah, FM is great if you just want a drum app. Noir is great if you want an app that can do drums, abut can also do a whole bunch of other things too... and yet is only monophonic.

• @tk32 said:

Thats the key point.

I use both on many songs. You can pretty well cover drums with those. Will use FM for all the basic drum and percussion parts, and Noir to accent them or add a dynamic layer.

• @recccp said:
    Get them both!
    Noir as your percussion element (like djembe or tabla) singe voice with many articulations.

I should have skimmed better. Yes, this is a great description.

• @recccp said:
    Get them both!

You can create awesome complete drum tracks with two or three instances of Noir, too.

• As with all Bram Bos apps..buy them both and you will be thoroughly pleased

• @dendy said:
    Just curious, which one Bram synth isn't super awesome and worth every single penny ? :)
    If i would be forced to choose between Noir and FM - i would choose Noir and FM. :lol:

Curious what is he cooking now, for sure another instabuy.

I think this is true ... Bram Bos is one of the developers whose apps I just decided "yeah, I will get them all". Once I bought Rozeta and then populated it with his apps the light went on. This guy is incredible!

When he releases an app now I just buy it.

• edited August 2019

i absolutely love all his stuff but one thing drives me nuts quite often.A missing fine tuning ot manually enter value for the knobs.Especially when the sweetspot is small and small movements drastically change the tone (like the pitch or pkf function in FM).I would be even happy with the korg style of fine tuning.Nudging a knob increase/decrease a value by 1.

• Sometimes I run Noir as a synth voice. Sometimes a percussive noise. Sometimes as a freaky whacked out gritty evolving thing.

Remember no one said you had to use the built in (and lovely) sequencer, and Noir is just as capable of sending midi and receiving it.

• Is there a way to rig FM so it's modulated like Noir? I only have FM right now but fancy warping and mangling it a bit more - is there a rozeta setup that would do that or is the Noir sequencer unique in that sense?

Cheers

Chris

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@Krupa said:
    Is there a way to rig FM so it's modulated like Noir? I only have FM right now but fancy warping and mangling it a bit more - is there a rozeta setup that would do that or is the Noir sequencer unique in that sense?

Cheers

Chris

The Noir sequencer isn’t special or unique in terms of creating sound. It just has note pitch, length and velocity, albeit in a unique package. You can trigger exactly the same sounds in Noir from any sequencer.

It’s the variables for how the three sound sources in Noir react to pitch and velocity that produce that unique sound.

With Rozeta XOX and Rhythm, you have only pitch and velocity to work with, not note length, but it can still be effective. You just need to set the pitch and velocity for each pad to the notes you need (note 0 to 127). Add to that the mutate settings, and you make good use of it. But keep in mind, Noir is monophonic, so triggering a kick and snare on the same beat is only going to trigger one sound in Noir.

There’s a Noir Preset already in XOX and Rhythm that’s a good starting point.

All the rest of the Note generating plugins in Rozeta could be interesting to try (keeping in mind the basic concept above).

• Cheers @wim I’ll have a little mess with that, I’d had a go mapping stuff from different drummer into FM but there’s not much apart from timings come out of that, I’ll dive deeper with some Rozeta stuff - the parameter lists for FM are intensely long 😁