Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis and Discrete Effects Application

In the past my use of effects has been very limited, but as I continue I find I can apply more effects with understanding. I just want confirmation that in Cubasis when one applies an onboard effect it is applied to all tracks in the same setting. Switch the setting of Ultramaximizer, for example, on one track and it changes a setting you might have made on another track. Is this correct? And, if so, then freezing the track with the effect is the only way to get different settings applied to different tracks from the same effect? lastly, what about external effects, like Kleverb. Do they apply discretely for each instance used?
Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• If you are applying the FX as inserts they should be individual settings for each track, if using as sends then they should be global across all tracks.

• edited February 2019

@AndyPlankton, I am using as inserts, yet the settings change universally. .??? I must be getting it wrong somehow, and I didn't notice this in the past. @LFS?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @AndyPlankton, I am using as inserts, yet the settings change universally. .???

I'm sure they shouldn't....can you hear that they are the same or do they just look the same ? If you have an FX open, and then change channels the 'old' FX is still loaded in the UI and not the one for the newly selected track, you may need to close the FX and re-open it once you have selected your new track.

With regard external FX, I know that ProQ2 behaves as you would expect with different settings per instance, BUT the above applies..the UI doesn't update when you switch tracks.

• There is one AU plugin which has this bug (you change something in one instance it affects all instances) - it is Yamaha FM Essentials if i good remember ..

• If Insert effects they should be changeable independently.

• Thanks for the information @AndyPlankton @dendy and @Jocphone. Obviously my assumption was wrong, I will look into this further on my next track. Thanks!

• If you insert something into Cubase's Master section (if that exists) then it gets applied to (the sum of) all tracks. That section is placed behind the base mix (which is built up from the channel faders positions) as an extra processing stage.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for the information @AndyPlankton @dendy and @Jocphone. Obviously my assumption was wrong, I will look into this further on my next track. Thanks!

yes, be careful.. i often make the mistake of not noticing which track is selected ( ie; is lighter in colour ) so you know which inserts you are changing parameters on.. they all LOOK the same and if you don’t name the individual tracks you might not notice the difference on the channel sidebar popout..
    they have to be Au fx to have multiple instances on seperate channels of course..
    but as Dendy says.. there are plug jns out there that have such a bug that they get changed globally somehow... i can’t quite remember which was the last ine i encountered that did that??