Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux with cubase elements 10

edited February 2019 in General App Discussion

I can get midi working a treat. I can hear and see activity on my selected audio channel but Cubase just wont record the input?
Anyone have some tips or find this to be the same for them? Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• @dblonde said:
    I can get midi working a treat. I can hear and see activity on my selected audio channel but Cubase just wont record the input?
    Anyone have some tips or find this to be the same for them? Help would be appreciated.

I had it working on a trial version of Cubase 9 a few months ago. I can't quite remember the set-up. Let me install Cubase 10 elements on my computer & i will get back to you..........

• Ok.....downloaded & installed........audio & midi working fine, i just have to remember how to route the incoming audio to an audio track so i can record it.....it's straight forward once you know how to do it.....bare with me, will have to consult the Cubase manual..........

• I don't seem to be able to route the audio from a VSTi track to an audio track so that it can be recorded as an audio file. I think this is a limitation of Cubase 10 Elements, not a problem with Studiomux. I vaguely remember this being the same in Cubase 9 elements as well. That must be the reason i trialled the full version of Cubase 9, in which it was definitely possible to do.
    Seems like an odd limitation for Steinberg to put on their entry level software, but it would seem that this is the case. I would be really happy to be wrong though.....it's quite possible that i have missed something.............maybe you could look into it, & report back?

• I hit the same roadblock with elements 9 where you can monitor the audio but not route it to a track for recording, also studiomux audio kept glitching out for me so I gave this one up.

Reaper is very flexible with routing so might be another option.

• you guys got further than me. after years of using cubase 5 i recently picked up the retail version of elements 10 ...i cant even get it to install on my computer :s

• @Iso
    I think your right about the limitation. Thank you so much for trying it out though.
    I will install a trail cubase 10 full just to be sure and report back.
    Otherwise i will also try Reaper.
    I di try bandcamp cakewalk but that did not work either :(

• @dblonde said:
    @Iso
    I think your right about the limitation. Thank you so much for trying it out though.
    I will install a trail cubase 10 full just to be sure and report back.
    Otherwise i will also try Reaper.
    I di try bandcamp cakewalk but that did not work either :(

Good idea. :) I'm pretty sure it's relatively simple to route in the full software.........

• Actually what i really wanted to able to do was use my PC as a sound source (Ample sound guitars, kontakt) and then use Cubasis on my ipad to record them.
    So essentially i want studiomux the otherway/ direction for the audio.
    I have an iconnect4+ back home but unfortunately im away working for a while and dont have it handy :(

• edited February 2019

@dblonde said:
    Actually what i really wanted to able to do was use my PC as a sound source (Ample sound guitars, kontakt) and then use Cubasis on my ipad to record them.
    So essentially i want studiomux the otherway/ direction for the audio.
    I have an iconnect4+ back home but unfortunately im away working for a while and dont have it handy :(

I think i can make that work. Create an instrument track in cubase on your desktop, put the studiomux effect plugin on an insert channel and put an instrument on the track. The audio will be sent to studiomux on your ipad.. I have it routed from there into AUM & it's playing back fine through my iPad.......you just have to work out how to route it into cubasis on your ipad for recording......should be doable.........

Edit:

I've got it recording from elements into Audioshare, which is hosted on the first channel of Studiomux on the iPad...........should work with cubasis as well, but i don't own it, so can't test..........

Just tried the same thing recording into BM3 & it works great. Opens up a whole lot of Desktop/iPad, recording/sampling experimental possibilities.......top stuff! :)

• @Iso
    Well thats a great idea indeed. I shall try it out later today.
    As for cubase 10 full it needs a dongle, even to test drive! So thats not going to happen for me.
    Thank you for the expert help, really appreciate it :smile:

• edited February 2019

@dblonde said:
    @Iso
    Well thats a great idea indeed. I shall try it out later today.
    As for cubase 10 full it needs a dongle, even to test drive! So thats not going to happen for me.
    Thank you for the expert help, really appreciate it :smile:

I had fun trying to suss it out! :)

• @Iso
    Thank you! Works a treat :smiley:
    Might be useful for others who want to do the same?