Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PATTERNING 2: Super App? Master app? Brilliant?

YEP

YUP

Si.

In case you don't know. (I didn't)

Patterning is a like a master super app for LINK if you are using iOS and a MACBOOK w IOS.

Unlike any apps I have seen to date, Patterning can stop/start Ableton on my MacBook.

My MacBook is hooked to several pieces of hardware.

Therefore, Patterning is stop/start /syncing ALL MY DEVICES APPS AND PROGRAMS with the push of play on the app or AB remote.

What a great app!

This is a huge thing for me trying to sync hardware MacBook and ios.

In case anyone care, thought some might.

Comments

• Agreed, P2 is special :smile:

I’m still hoping for the options to manipulate swing globally and switch kits via MIDI CCs. But apart from that, it’s almost perfect for live use.

• @cnsg_music said:
    Agreed, P2 is special :smile:

I’m still hoping for the options to manipulate swing globally and switch kits via MIDI CCs. But apart from that, it’s almost perfect for live use.

Agree 100%

Now w pads and all the great random!

• Patterning is awesome. Anyone know if there is a way to re-order the Patterns? Let's say you have a series like A1, A2,A3, A4.... and decide you really want A4 to be the second in the series?

• I'm just curious about your obsession with the caps lock key.

• The ability to apply tempo changes, with adjustable slew rate between them, pushing link is also fabulous.

• edited December 2018

@RUST( i )K said:
    YEP

YUP

Si.

In case you don't know. (I didn't)

Patterning is a like a master super app for LINK if you are using iOS and a MACBOOK w IOS.

Unlike any apps I have seen to date, Patterning can stop/start Ableton on my MacBook.

My MacBook is hooked to several pieces of hardware.

Therefore, Patterning is stop/start /syncing ALL MY DEVICES APPS AND PROGRAMS with the push of play on the app or AB remote.

What a great app!

This is a huge thing for me trying to sync hardware MacBook and ios.

In case anyone care, thought some might.

Isnt that what Ableton Link Start/Stop about?

Edit.. Don’t forget the Ableton midi project export.. super..

• edited December 2018

The most awesome app I never use...

Will try to give it some love over the holidays.

• I’ve got this bad bitch on my main apps page but don’t use it enough. I tend to overuse the ratchet on my hi hats, but when I buckle Down and practice I’m definitely making great beats.

• Patterning is also a BEAST when it comes to the drum programming aspect.....
    The nudging and rotation function sets it apart......by a mile
    I have not explored LINK yet I just export the recorded the loops at the same tempo as my projects..

• Patterning 2 is how sync/Link should be done on iOS.

Absolutely flawless! For performance this is the best way to do drums I have ever tried.

• @Sonicflux said:
    I'm just curious about your obsession with the caps lock key.

yea its over the top.

• I have used P1/P2 in prob 60 percent of my iOS music so far... And it has made at least 15 of my non-electronic, even non-musician friends smile at their first experience with elec music. One shy lady, within 20 minutes (after my 15 minute intro lesson) had a pretty tight little mnml techno jam going. She had never played an instrument or even owned a computer in her life. Its magical.

Honestly, the thing that would make the biggest difference to me right now would be in the file/song browser. If sort by # of patterns were added it would make finding stuff way easier. I have about 300 P1 and 100 P2 'experiments' that I don't want to go through and categorize, I'd rather just keep making new stuff until the sort by options have been updated, LOL

n fact, file browsing in general has been my biggest iOS gripe so far. You can't add too many sort by options... How about hours worked on a song? Date created, date last opened, bpm... Anyhow. I love that app.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can Patterning 2 be played and recorded via drum pad controller or is it just programmed?

• edited February 2019

yep. looks like an awesome combo for variSpeed tempo clock...

anyone used ithis with external drum machines, external pads or drumPerfectPro.. any latency?

• @supadom said:
    Can Patterning 2 be played and recorded via drum pad controller or is it just programmed?

ver2 release notes add external midi in.. not tried it yet.. waiting for cash to upgrade.

• @jollyDodger said:

@supadom said:
    Can Patterning 2 be played and recorded via drum pad controller or is it just programmed?

ver2 release notes add external midi in.. not tried it yet.. waiting for cash to upgrade.

Mmm, if it was AUV3 I would pull the trigger with no hesitation but with Drambo around the corner I think I might just wait.

• @supadom said:

@jollyDodger said:

@supadom said:

Mmm, if it was AUV3 I would pull the trigger with no hesitation but with Drambo around the corner I think I might just wait.

@supadom : Drambo? Can you elaborate please?

• @Telstar5 said:

@supadom said:

@jollyDodger said:

@supadom said:

Are you serious?! It’s been the talk of the town for the last couple of months now. Almost in beta now.

• @Telstar5 said:

@supadom said:

@jollyDodger said:

@supadom said:

This may be sarcasm, but in the event it's not..
    Drambo is the forthcoming modular drum machine/sequencer/loop launcher/rocket launcher app from Beepstreet of Sunrizer, Zeeon and Impactor fame. At least I think that's most of what it is. For more info and tons of adult men drooling on their iPads, here's a link to the main event.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/25864/beepstreet-drambo#latest

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

@supadom said:

@jollyDodger said:

@supadom said:

Yes, you can play and record from external midi. If all you’re after is a great drum module, you might as well wait. However its strength is in its amazing sequencer. It’s totally unique and super great. I’m not up to date on Drambo so I don’t know what it’s sequencer will be like, but I doubt it’s similar to Patterning 2.

Patterning is one of an extremely short list of apps I let slide for any disappointment I have at it being IAA only. To me it’s worth the hassle. That said, it does get a bit less use for that.

• @wim said:
    Patterning is one of an extremely short list of apps I let slide for any disappointment I have at it being IAA only. To me it’s worth the hassle. That said, it does get a bit less use for that.

Well now I'm super curious--what other apps are on your list?

• @wim said:

@supadom said:

@jollyDodger said:

@supadom said:

Yes, you can play and record from external midi. If all you’re after is a great drum module, you might as well wait. However its strength is in its amazing sequencer. It’s totally unique and super great. I’m not up to date on Drambo so I don’t know what it’s sequencer will be like, but I doubt it’s similar to Patterning 2.

Yes, I know what you mean. I have this with Samplr. I own the original patterning so I'm familiar with the concept but I rarely program sequences and prefer actual playing even if it is a great idea generator.

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

@murky_fish said:

@wim said:

Well now I'm super curious--what other apps are on your list?

It’s not a firm or organized list, but (roughly in order)...

All DAWs, of course
    GrooveRider GR-16
    Xequence
    Patterning 2
    All Lumbeat Apps
    Korg Electribe Wave
    Quantum

I should note that apps with AB3 state saving definitely get a pass as well. B)

• Thanks @supdom: Nope.. news to me